• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rank all Ash Ketchum Pokémon

Talonflame has better feats than all Kalos mons combines
I agree that it has a great gym battle resume, but you seem to be overstretching how well it did. It had a type advantage in most of its battles and usually went down very easily to the next pokemon (Valerie aside, it rocked there). It’s very strong, and maybe I could rank it up a little, but... I just don’t think it’s a top ten.

Also, why is Noivern 43, while it has no feats or wins whatsoever.
That’s a kinda narrow minded view when you consider how it managed to keep up at the Kalos league despite its age and even scored a tie with a more experienced Salamence. It’s not like Snivy, Totodile or Oshawott did much better (though Scraggy is something to reconsider...)

You can make the argument to place Sceptile above Ash-Greninja as well because it defeated Darkrai, but considering that wasn't a 1v1, i am giving it to Ash-Greninja (Despite Zard X vs Ash-Greninja not being a 1v1 either, but that was because Alain realized that if he didn't sent ouf Zard vs Pikachu, Pikachu would have swept the rest of his team sans Zard).
To be fair, Darkrai had taken some heavy super effective hits beforehand, and Sceptile’s resume isn’t all that impressive aside from that battle, even if I would still definitely place it on Ash’s star team. As for Ash-Greninja, let’s keep in mind it very nearly clutched a win against a pokemon strong enough to take on ten Megas, an Elite Four and hold its own against Zygarde, so that’s gotta amount to something.

no he is not. He is stronger than Crayoganal tho.
Yes, during those episodes. Pignite during a Unova league, JC and Decolore Islands is stronger than Beartic.

You saying Talonflame did not but defeat Wulfrics Avalugg. You are factually wrong here.
Talonflame has fought in every gym battle (Except for Clemont) and didn't go down in a gym without taking at least one win (Except for Grant).
Talonflame has contributed way more than Greninja in the gym run, making Talonflame the ace of the Kalos team.
Talonflame also never went down in the league without taking down another mon. But here comes the funny bit: Talonflame was the only mon not having swirly eyes against Lysandre, meaning it was never fully knocked out. Talonflame faced 2 legendaries, tanked a hit from one to save its trainer and brought a hit in against Mega Lucario while being a Fletchinder.
Wulfric's Avalugg is different with Ice body. It's much stronger, he's just regular 8th gym level Pokemon without that ability. Talonflame beat it but with help of Pikachu who is inconsistent anyway. Talonflame is stronger in Kalos league but since we don't know much we only can say not that much since we can't pull big numbers out of nowhere. So Talonflame would be close to some weak Brains like Tucker. Talonflame is not an ace, Greninja is. He faces Zapdos and Moltres? He got destroyed by Moltres and Zapdos IIRC also had upper hand. Mega Lucario is not that strong it's Korinna's Pokemon who is 3rd gym leader so it's weaker than likes of Avalugg without Ince Body.

was literally the ace of the Hoenn League and the one who carried Ash through it (Not Swellow, not Grovyle). It even beat a freaking Charizard, despite being at a disadvantage. As such, Glalie is way stronger than Pre-Battle Frontier Sceptile and way, way stronger than Swellow. Its especially jarring, since Swellow and Grovyle had more experience than the relative newby Glalie, who still outshone them (Which shows that Glalie just has exceptional strenght).
Ace of a league =/= ace of entire saga. And even though he carried Ash that's because Ash's Hoenn Pokemon were hurting opponent's Pokemon. Glalie is nothing but close to Talonflame since Glalie wasn't used in Battle Frontier. Glalie could be stronger than Grovyle, Corphish, Swellow during Hoenn league but Battle Frontier exists and since it does all of them are stronger than Glalie even Torkoal since Torkoal made Brandon's Registeel fall several times.

I personally never rank Pokemon from ungoing series, since we don't know how they end up after the series is done. Its especially problematic with Ash's PWC goal and him only using Pikachu, despite having other mons (Despite that, your ranking of Lucario and Dragonite is wrong, since Dragonite literally swept Korrina, including her Mega Lucario, which means Dragonite is way stronger than Lucario currently).
Sweeping Korinna's two Pokemon who is 3rd gym leader is nothing much. Lycanroc sweeping 3 Nanu's Pokemon is better feat than Dragonite's and Ash Riolu kinda tied with Grapploct and Bea said that Korinna's weak so that could mean that Ash's Riolu is like stronger than Korinna's Mega Lucario and Ash's Lucario beat 2 Rose's Pokemon that gave some trouble to Pikachu And RIolu. So, Lucario should be stronger than Dragonite and is probably close to Lycanroc and it will surpass him.

If we are ranking them by strength, here is my list:
  1. Pikachu
  2. Charizard
  3. Sceptile
  4. Infernape
  5. Dragonite
  6. Snorlax
  7. Lycanroc
  8. Incineroar
  9. Krookodile
  10. Heracross
  11. Greninja
  12. Swellow
  13. Bulbasaur
  14. Squirtle
  15. Glalie
  16. Corphish
  17. Kingler
  18. Rowlet
  19. Hawlucha
  20. Staraptor
  21. Buizel
  22. Talonflame
  23. Leavanny
  24. Quilava
  25. Pignite
  26. Melmetal
  27. Bayleef
  28. Gliscor
  29. Scraggy
  30. Farfetch'd
  31. Donphan
  32. Aipom
  33. Gengar
  34. Goodra
  35. Torterra
  36. Noctowl
  37. Oshawott
  38. Boldore
  39. Lucario
  40. Palpitoad
  41. Unfezant
  42. Snivy
  43. Lapras
  44. Gible
  45. Pidgeot
  46. Tauros
  47. Muk
  48. Butterfree
  49. Torkoal
  50. Totodile
  51. Noivern

But still.

Why is Dragonite in Ash's Top 6? I am pretty sure even by the end of this saga he won't be in Top 6 maybe in Top 10. Only Lucario may be Top 6 in the end. Why is Lycaroc 7th? Lots of Pokemon here would beat it. Incineroar would, Snorlax,Bulbasaur, Taruos. Krookodile is too big, just because he's the strongest in Unova( not counting Charizard and Pikachu) doesn't mean he is stronger than other Ash's Pokemon. Torkoal is too low, he made Registeel fall down and Registeel is not weak. Melmetal is also too low, Lucario is too low. Tauros is way too low he beat Anabel's Pokemon. Corphish should be higher, so does Bulbasaur( they beat Anabel's and Brandon's Pokemon).
This is how I’d rank their strengths (not counting Dracovish here):
  1. Pikachu
  2. Ash-Greninja
  3. Charizard
  4. Infernape
  5. Sceptile
  6. Snorlax
  7. Regular Greninja
  8. Lycanroc
  9. Glalie
  10. Krookodile
  11. Swellow
  12. Hawlucha
  13. Heracross
  14. Incineroar
  15. Dragonite
  16. Talonflame
  17. Bulbasaur
  18. Corphish
  19. Squirtle
  20. Staraptor
  21. Quilava
  22. Buizel
  23. Donphan
  24. Gliscor
  25. Leavanny
  26. Rowlet
  27. Gengar
  28. Kingler
  29. Pignite
  30. Goodra
  31. Torterra
  32. Melmetal
  33. Noctowl
  34. Palpitoad
  35. Naganadel
  36. Tauros
  37. Bayleef
  38. Gible
  39. Lucario
  40. Boldore
  41. Unfezant
  42. Torkoal
  43. Noivern
  44. Farfetch’d
  45. Snivy
  46. Oshawott
  47. Scraggy
  48. Muk
  49. Totodile
  50. Lapras
  51. Pidgeot
  52. Butterfree
Lycanroc,Krookodile and Glalie are too high based on nothing. Incineroar is not weaker than Hawlucha, Swellow,Lycanroc and Krookodile. Bulbasaur is too low. Staraptor is too high. Again Torkoal, Tauros are getting lowballed out of no reason. Naganadel and Melmetal are also low etc.

Why is Dragonite in Ash's Top 6? I am pretty sure even by the end of this saga he won't be in Top 6 maybe in Top 10. Only Lucario may be Top 6 in the end. Why is Lycaroc 7th? Lots of Pokemon here would beat it. Incineroar would, Snorlax,Bulbasaur, Taruos. Krookodile is too big, just because he's the strongest in Unova( not counting Charizard and Pikachu) doesn't mean he is stronger than other Ash's Pokemon. Torkoal is too low, he made Registeel fall down and Registeel is not weak. Melmetal is also too low, Lucario is too low. Tauros is way too low he beat Anabel's Pokemon. Corphish should be higher, so does Bulbasaur( they beat Anabel's and Brandon's Pokemon).
Lucario is weak. It lost many times. Dragonite swept Korrina's team despite taking multiple hits. Lycanroc won Ash the leauge. Krookodile swept Stefan's team despite taking millions of hits. Torkoal lost to Registeel and he is also a weak piece of shit. Melmetal lost to Silvally ez. Tauros did not defeat anabel's Pokemon, he tied with it and almost never won. And I think Bulbasaur and Corphish are pretty high. I think ypu are overexaturating the battle frontier.

Lucario is weak. It lost many times. Dragonite swept Korrina's team despite taking multiple hits. Lycanroc won Ash the leauge. Krookodile swept Stefan's team despite taking millions of hits. Torkoal lost to Registeel and he is also a weak piece of shit. Melmetal lost to Silvally ez. Tauros did not defeat anabel's Pokemon, he tied with it and almost never won. And I think Bulbasaur and Corphish are pretty high. I think ypu are overexaturating the battle frontier.

Krookodile swept Stephans team. Nope it didn't, since Palpitoad defeated Zebstrika.

Krookodile swept Stephans team. Nope it didn't, since Palpitoad defeated Zebstrika.
It took multiple hits from Liepard and almost died, but it still managed to defeat it and Sawk. Krokorok was great against Brycen and defeated a Dragonite.

Lycanroc,Krookodile and Glalie are too high based on nothing
Not quite. Lycanroc swept Nanu’s team, defeated Gladion’s Lycanroc on a 1v1 ( it was stablished to be extremely strong) and held its own against Kukui’s two strongest pokemon.

Krookodile defeated Iris’ overpowered Dragonite and Stephan’s powerhouse of a Sawk after taking heavy damage in both occasions, so that’s got to count.

Glalie took out at least one heavy hitter in every battle it had at the league and oneshot Tyson’s Sceptile, which had been stablished as a threat.

Incineroar is not weaker than Hawlucha, Swellow,Lycanroc and Krookodile.
That’s debatable, considering all of its wins were either a joint effort (Lycanroc and Melmetal softened up Incineroar) or had some outside influence (it had a powerup against Venusaur and blindsided Scizor), but it didn’t have enough battles to really affirm its own strength.
Lucario is weak. It lost many times.
... it was a baby and all of those losses happened because either its opponent was a stablished monster or Ash wasn’t in the mindset.

It proceeded to plow through Rose’s team, doesn’t that count to you?

Torkoal lost to Registeel and he is also a weak piece of shit.
Torkoal got a legendary who brushed off Paul’s Magmar and Nidoking to collapse on its knees.
Melmetal lost to Silvally ez.
It was literally the reason Pikachu could beat it.
Tauros did not defeat anabel's Pokemon, he tied with it and almost never won
it had no effective moves against a pseudo legendary and scored a draw, that’s not something to ignore.

... it was a baby and all of those losses happened because either its opponent was a stablished monster or Ash wasn’t in the mindset.

It proceeded to plow through Rose’s team, doesn’t that count to you?
Evolution Deux-Ex Machine does not count. Also most of it's losses was against random wild Pokemon in episode 21 where it got 1 shotted by all of them or weak trainers when Ash was in the mindset.

It was literally the reason Pikachu could beat it.
No.

Torkoal got a legendary who brushed off Paul’s Magmar and Nidoking to collapse on its knees.
Those are 2 different series. Maybe Brandon trained Registeel.

it had no effective moves against a pseudo legendary and scored a draw, that’s not something to ignore.
That is the reason why it is not in the bottom 5.

Not quite. Lycanroc swept Nanu’s team, defeated Gladion’s Lycanroc on a 1v1 ( it was stablished to be extremely strong) and held its own against Kukui’s two strongest pokemon.
Nanu is as strong as some gym leaders since Kahuna's strength is gym leader's strength. It's been proven with Brock's Sudowoodo who is featless he could go toe to toe with Olivia's Lycanroc which was her ace. Sudowoodo is really weak since it's been defeated easily by sparring Infernape( who wasn't nowhere near full power) during Sinnoh league. So beating 3 gym leader level Pokemon is nothign since Kingler has done since OS( and better than Lycanroc and Kingler would get defeated by handful of Ash's Pokemon. Gladion's Lycanroc is stronger than Hapu's Golurk who is at best high gym level like 7th or 8th. It didn't held against Incineroar since it was really short but it did against Braviary.

Krookdile defeated Iris’ overpowered Dragonite and Stephan’s powerhouse of a Sawk after taking heavy damage in both occasions, so that’s got to count.
Dragonite lost to Clair's newly caught Druddigon.Krookodile is at best like Tucker or Noland's Pokemon level or something like that.

took out at least one heavy hitter in every battle it had at the league and oneshot Tyson’s Sceptile, which had been stablished as a threat.
It was tie IIRC between Sceptile and Glalie. Still all those Pokemon are at best little stronger than 8th gym level or at that level. Glalie taking that out is strong but still not as strong as Frontier Brain wins Ash's other Pokemon got.

That’s debatable, considering all of its wins were either a joint effort (Lycanroc and Melmetal softened up Incineroar) or had some outside influence (it had a powerup against Venusaur and blindsided Scizor), but it didn’t have enough battles to really affirm its own strength.
I think that power up is a ruse, it's probably his own power or Blaze or he took that Incineroar's power and convert it into his own. He would be comparable to Kukui's Incineroar which makes him on Snorlax level or stronger or weaker.

I think people are sleeping on Torterra. Torterra as Grotle with Energy Ball power up made Palmer, head of Frontier Brain pant in the end of battle. Now sure you can say that Rypherior is weaker than Milotic, but still Rhyperior should be like like as strong as some 4t-5th Frontier Brain level Pokemon. Torterra is much stronger than people imagine to be.

Lucario is stronger than RIolu who basically tied with Grapploct( even if we say Grapploct is weaker since it fought Pikachu still Riolu was at least close to him. Grapploct is > Mega Lucario, so RIolu might be on that level( Mega Lucario) and Lucario > Riolu. Ash's Lucario may be stronger than Grapploct. Lycanroc winning a league doesn't mean much strength wise if it beat Silvally as final opponent then it would mean.Stephan's team are nothing to be proud of. Torkoal lost to Registeel because Registeel is Legendary + it was from Brandon head of Brains. Tauros still tied with Anabel's Pokemon so that means it's on its level.
Nope, Frontier Brains are pretty strong since they're higher challenge than Gyms. I am not saying they are E4 level at all but something between gym and E4 levels.

Lucario is stronger than RIolu who basically tied with Grapploct( even if we say Grapploct is weaker since it fought Pikachu still Riolu was at least close to him. Grapploct is > Mega Lucario, so RIolu might be on that level( Mega Lucario) and Lucario > Riolu. Ash's Lucario may be stronger than Grapploct.
I doubt Lucario is stronger than Grapploct since Riolu only managed to tie with it after it was hit by Pikachu multiple times.
Lycanroc winning a league doesn't mean much strength wise if it beat Silvally as final opponent then it would mean.
Lycanroc swept Nanu's team and defeated Gladion's OP Lycanroc and it even managed to make Kukui recall his strongest mon. It even stood up when it was supposed to die.
Tauros still tied with Anabel's Pokemon so that means it's on its level.
It Tied after Metagross was weakened by Corphish and it's losses are waaay more.
Stephan's team are nothing to be proud of
It still is a strong team.
Torkoal lost to Registeel because Registeel is Legendary + it was from Brandon head of Brains.
It still lost. And it also has a good amount of losses.
Nope, Frontier Brains are pretty strong since they're higher challenge than Gyms. I am not saying they are E4 level at all but something between gym and E4 levels.
Then it would be unfair to Pokemon who did not get a chance to battle them.

(Okay, I’m not quoting all that)

I think limiting an analysis to “X beat Y who beat Z, so X would beat Z” is very flawed, given all the variables of type, moveset and training in every match.

On that topic, win/loss ratios are really unfair. If we follow that logic, Gible is stronger than Sceptile simply because of few favorable matchups. Have Charizard battle a bunch of elite rock types and then let Pignite take on some newbie steel types, and the ratio will imply a far different result than how we know their power levels compare.

Here's my list, in term of importance and own preference. I'm not going to include pokemon he trade or release, but pokemon he pu in training like Squirtle will be in the list.

1-Pikachu(Of course)
2-Charizard
3-Infernape
4-Lycanroc
5-Bulbasaur
6-Incineroar( Well when he was a Torracat)
7-Sceptile
8-Krookodile
9-Bayleef
10-Snorlax
11-Rowlet
12-Squirtle
13-Swellow
14-Staraptor
15-Buizel
16-Heracross
17-Quilava(when he was a cyndaquil)
18-Glisgor
19-Talonflame
20-Hawlucha
21-Corphish
22-Totodile
23-Donphan
24-Toterra(He's that far cause after he evolve he was not really important anymore.)
25-Noivern
26-Torkoal
27-Tauros
28-Noctowl
29-Lucario
30-Melmetal
31-Glalie
32-Gible
33-Muk
34-Kingler
35-Dragonite
36-Farfercht'd
37-Gengar
38-Primeape
39-All the rest of unova.

I doubt Lucario is stronger than Grapploct since Riolu only managed to tie with it after it was hit by Pikachu multiple times.

Lycanroc swept Nanu's team and defeated Gladion's OP Lycanroc and it even managed to make Kukui recall his strongest mon. It even stood up when it was supposed to die.

It Tied after Metagross was weakened by Corphish and it's losses are waaay more.

It still is a strong team.

It still lost. And it also has a good amount of losses.

Then it would be unfair to Pokemon who did not get a chance to battle them.

It tied with Grapploct and evolution is proven stronger than pre evolved same Pokemon, so Lucario would be stronger than Grapploct very likely.
Incineroar was recalled because it took good amount of damage from Torracat. Also it's been recalled because it would've been "fresher" against Torracat.
Corphish fought Alakazam IIRC and it was hard battle. So Tauros still tied with freshy Metagross.
It fought well, made Registeel fall several times + it made him kneel in the end.
It wouldn't because Pokemon could easily scale of that Pokemon.
Like Corphish beat Brain A Pokemon. Corphish fights Pokemon B ( no Brain just normal strong trainer) and that Pokemon is shown to be stronger than Corphish who before beat Brain Pokemon. Ash's Krookodile who never fought Brains fights Pokemon B who beat Corphish and win making it Krookodile above some Frontier Brains because it beat Pokemon that beat Corphish that A Frontier Brain Pokemon.

It tied with Grapploct and evolution is proven stronger than pre evolved same Pokemon, so Lucario would be stronger than Grapploct very likely.
Lucario did not battle that much, we don't know it's real strength. And like I said, it tied after taking hits from Pikachu
Incineroar was recalled because it took good amount of damage from Torracat. Also it's been recalled because it would've been "fresher" against Torracat.
No. It is because Lycanroc's Stone Edge did a lot of damage.
Corphish fought Alakazam IIRC and it was hard battle. So Tauros still tied with freshy Metagross.
No. Corphish got in some hits before gonig down. And a tie is not that much.
It fought well, made Registeel fall several times + it made him kneel in the end.
No, I rewatched it Torkoal got swept ez.
Like Corphish beat Brain A Pokemon. Corphish fights Pokemon B ( no Brain just normal strong trainer) and that Pokemon is shown to be stronger than Corphish who before beat Brain Pokemon. Ash's Krookodile who never fought Brains fights Pokemon B who beat Corphish and win making it Krookodile above some Frontier Brains because it beat Pokemon that beat Corphish that A Frontier Brain Pokemon.
Those Pokemon are not strong as the frontier brains's ones.

Lucario did not battle that much, we don't know it's real strength. And like I said, it tied after taking hits from Pikachu

No. It is because Lycanroc's Stone Edge did a lot of damage.

No. Corphish got in some hits before gonig down. And a tie is not that much.

No, I rewatched it Torkoal got swept ez.

Those Pokemon are not strong as the frontier brains's ones.
It battled against Rose's Pokemon who gave enough trouble for Pikachu and Riolu.
It wasn't Stone Edge, Lycanroc took a piece of it like Krookodile and plunged on Incineroar. Incineroar was already taking some damage from Torracat.

Tying means Pokemon in same strength as that Pokemon. Tauros is still comparable to Metagross even if Corphish is above Tauros.
Nope, it did pretty decent against Registeel.

They are if they follow protocol I posted.

Yeah, no. If it weren’t for Registeel’s sheer power, Torkoal might’ve won that. It had control for most of the match.
It got swept.
It battled against Rose's Pokemon who gave enough trouble for Pikachu and Riolu.
It was evolution deux-ex machina.
It wasn't Stone Edge, Lycanroc took a piece of it like Krookodile and plunged on Incineroar. Incineroar was already taking some damage from Torracat.
It still is Stone Edge. And Torracat didnt do much.
Tying means Pokemon in same strength as that Pokemon. Tauros is still comparable to Metagross even if Corphish is above Tauros.
Other than Metagross what did Tauros do good?
Nope, it did pretty decent against Registeel.
It sucked.

It got swept.

It was evolution deux-ex machina.

It still is Stone Edge. And Torracat didnt do much.

Other than Metagross what did Tauros do good?

It sucked.
It did, especially since it's comparable to Incineroar.
In Battle Frontier? Well nothing except that. But since it did that we take it.

It just absorbed a Blast Burn. Did not do significant damage

I meant all it has ever done.
It hit Incineroar several times, it did do damage because later they showed to be comparable, Incineroar was playing tough. Torracat had to stop that BB, shows that Torracat was really strong.

It got swept.
-landing several Body Slams
-defending against a few Zap Cannons
-dodging attacks and bouncing off the wall
-passing over paralysis
-scorching with Flamethrower and Heat Wave
-deflecting Sandstorm with Flamethrower and Heat Wave To engulf Registeel in a fire tornado
-using said fire tornado for Body Slam momentum
-ending it all with Registeel dropping to its knees

Is that what you call getting swept...

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom