• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN077: Super Electromagnetic Hyper Class Battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Combattler V theme popped into my head when I saw this episode title and I heard CHOOOOOUUUUUDENJJIIIIIIIII YO-YOOOOOOOOOOO. It in fact uses the same three kanji: 超電磁

Anyway, should be a fun episode.

I'm very much hoping we get some kind of nod to Combattler V and/or Voltes V in this ep. Hopefully Iwane is animating, I could see him doing something like that.

Found this on twitter
E7onNtRWYAYQYhs.jpg

Is it too much to hope that Pikachu isn’t used here? Besides him having the worst moves against Volkner, he really doesn’t need this battle.
Well, my hopes is that it’s 3v3 and Sirfetch’d, Gengar and Lucario are the ones utilised.
However, it doesn’t feel right knowing Pikachu hasn’t had an official trainer battle since Chairman Rose, and even then it didn’t get to do much. It’s had a few legendary battles, where it hasn’t done much either, but not an actual battle.
At this rate, I’m just praying for a 3v3, so at least majority of the team are getting some attention.

However, it doesn’t feel right knowing Pikachu hasn’t had an official trainer battle since Chairman Rose, and even then it didn’t get to do much. It’s had a few legendary battles, where it hasn’t done much either, but not an actual battle.
The other Pokémon are faring much worse. Gengar wishes it had the same track record. Pikachu has received a lot of focus in filler. It should be the time for the other Pokemon to shine.

The other Pokémon are faring much worse. Gengar wishes it had the same track record. Pikachu has received a lot of focus in filler. It should be the time for the other Pokemon to shine.
I know. I still think the other three I mentioned deserve it far more, it’s just the fact that the literal mascot has been reduced to just waste is odd. 4v4 anyone? Candice’s battle did that well.

Too optimistic for this series.
Too right. That, and the fact Candice’s battle had build-up in the prior episode to allow the next episode to start with the fight right away, giving more time to the 4v4.
Here, we have to be introduced to Volkner, give some interaction between them and Goh, then battle. Even a 3v3 would be pushing it the way this series paces things.

Here, we have to be introduced to Volkner, give some interaction between them and Goh, then battle. Even a 3v3 would be pushing it the way this series paces things.
They should cut out Gou from this episode, he is not needed here at all.

Denji is not a past companion to give Gou and a reason to meet him.

Man, I wish I could be excited for Volkner returning (he was one of my favourite Sinnoh gym leaders) but considering how this series has really been nosediving recently for me it's just... eeesh.

Still at least he's looking pretty good with his new Journeys design.

Well, not every episode is supposed to be for every character. Ash and Go took a backseat to Koharu, so Go should take a backseat for one of the prominent battles if the PWC. Realistically I expect something like the Iris episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom