• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

All my doubts for both games have been entirely quashed, there has been SOOOO MUCH improvement since the last trailers, I'm confident these games are going to be awesome now. I'm actually excited for BDSP now, before BDSP, to me, was just a game to hold me off until LA, but now I'm equally excited for both.

Rather than Breath of the Wild, this game gives me major Monster Hunter Stories vibes, especially with that combat system... which is more what I wanted. I'm impressed and way more excited for both games than I was.

I want every single one of those regional forms. I've never wanted a Stantler so badly in my life just so I can get that evolution. Or a Braviary.

Wydeer is probably a ice normal type,Basculegion a water ghost type,
Hisuian Braviary a Flying Psychic type
And Hiusian Growlithe may actually be a rock fire type

Good, the website seems to apply the oppositie gender will become a team member as well.

We have some ancestors to know characters as well it seems.

Commander Kamado (Who is the boss of Team Galaxy), is an ancestor of Professor Rowan

Captain Cylenne is the ancestor of Cyrus.

The new forms and evos look nice. I probably will buy a switch just for this game

Rather than Breath of the Wild, this game gives me major Monster Hunter Stories vibes, especially with that combat system... which is more what I wanted. I'm impressed and way more excited for both games than I was.

I want every single one of those regional forms. I've never wanted a Stantler so badly in my life just so I can get that evolution. Or a Braviary.
Agree, Surf Basculegion and Fly Braviary are major Monster Hunter vibes.

I love the new evolutions and forms.

Especially Basculegion (I love it's pokedex info too), I was thinking of using Oshawott though....which would mean I'd have two water types on my team.

Nice to see Pokemon like Stantler and Basculin getting some love.

From the website

How to complete the Pokédex​

You add information to your Pokédex by catching Pokémon. But catching a Pokémon once won’t be enough to complete its Pokédex entry!
You’ll need to keep studying that Pokémon and complete research tasks to increase your research progress on it and flesh out its Pokédex entry.
Completing these research tasks will also contribute to your work with the Galaxy Expedition Team and raise your rank as a team member, granting you access to new areas.

Good, it means its not a done once and get it all kinda of deal. You need to actually put effort in with a Pokemon.

Okay so.

The lighting on some models hurts my eye. Some stuff looks a bit blocky/choppy? I don't know what the exact term is.

but the regional forms. MY HOMiE GROWLITHE LIVING. The typing is trash but Arcanine could salvage it.

The Braviary and Wydeer look great. The Basculin evo too. Hopefully they get retooled into actual Sinnoh variants for later games cause it'd be a shame to see them used for one game. I still remember the Pichu!

The skepticism I had on this game is gone now. Especially since past characters aren't copy-pasted designs from the present like the protags. (With Cyrille looking enough like Cyrus to tell you it's Cyrus' ancestral line but looking different enough to feel like a new character.)

With this, I'm also quite positive the starters will get Regional Forms too.

The styles are a neat callback to Urshifu having supposedly lived back in Sinnoh in the past adn the fact wild Pokémon can knock you the fuck out... Great fucking stuff.

When I heard the region name Hisui, I was confused as I thought it would be set in Sinnoh, but Hisui is ancient Sinnoh. And some bits were way out of left field such as Hisuian forms and new Pokemon. And it has that Final Fantasy X vibe for me with the listing of order of attack, and it wet my appetite even more for this game. I look like a definite play for this correspondent. So looking forward to it, and suspect even more Hisui forms and new Pokemon to be revealed soon.

When I heard the region name Hisui, I was confused as I thought it would be set in Sinnoh, but Hisui is ancient Sinnoh. And some bits were way out of left field such as Hisuian forms and new Pokemon. And it has that Final Fantasy X vibe for me with the listing of order of attack, and it wet my appetite even more for this game. I look like a definite play for this correspondent. So looking forward to it, and suspect even more Hisui forms and new Pokemon to be revealed soon.

I hope they don't show new forms and new Pokemon at all now. Let us guessing and discover it for ourselves, but its clear Sinnoh Pokemon won't get them.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom