• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN082: Mawhip's Sweet Battle!?

Pikachu confirmed to be ridiculously stretchy given it could physically grow after eating a mountain of cream without popping like a balloon rather than gigantamaxing via the radiation in alcremie's cream

Good to know
My theory he's part Ditto gets more and more plausible.

Hey wait a second, you may be right. My theory is that he's part Morpeko because look at the amount of food the electric mouse eats.

Pikachu confirmed to be ridiculously stretchy given it could physically grow after eating a mountain of cream without popping like a balloon rather than gigantamaxing via the radiation in alcremie's cream

Good to know
I think his incredible imitation skills kinda confirmed that already.
Would help with explaining his imitation skills.

Another decent episode of the week. Thankfully, it was Ash won the cake competition and battle Opal. Just ashamed that the battle call off as Pikachu become too fat to battle.

Overall rating: B-

FIne episode for showing off Alcreamie (and the pre-evolution form too). Koharu was generally great as well, Opal's line about her valuing Pokemon was rather interesting. Alcreamie's cream mitigating Iron Tail was probably my favorite aspect generally (or Raihan not being surprised by Pikachu growing despite not going through "proper" channels to Gigantimax (even though it wasn't Gigantimaxing). Giant Pikachu once again was a treat to see (not a big fan of the -max battles, but this simply showed both Alcreamie and Pikachu's giant forms off, so I was fine with this).

Seeing the episode I wonder if Raihan being scared of old ladies will be a theme. Like if Melony shows up she can 'mother' him into obedience better than Gordie.

Also Opal is scary ain't she?

Also I think Ash forgot his Dynamax Band....eh not like he uses the thing. This Ash could probably get used to wearing the things constantly...

I am still baffled at how the hell Satoshi ended up winning.....

Speaking of Mawhip.....

Didn't you find very forced/contrived everything about Gou's Mahomiru/Mawhip?

I am still baffled at how the hell Satoshi ended up winning.....

Speaking of Mawhip.....

Didn't you find very forced/contrived everything about Gou's Mahomiru/Mawhip?
He "won" because Opal's old and eccentric and quirky and weird, so anything she does isn't actually indicative to whether or not someone's actually good at anything

Saying Ash won here is like saying Serena could beat Ash in a straight fight while using the fact she beaned him with a snowball to prove it

Ehh...Wasn't that great, but wasn't bad either. It was an okay episode. I like that we got to see more of Leon, Raihan, and Opal. There were some good interactions here. I did find it amusing that Raihan seemed like he wasn't interested, but that competitive nature just kicked in cause he just doesn't want to lose to Leon. Plus, seeing Ash win Opal's competition was nice. The battle was meh though. I would have rather seen Pikachu ACTUALLY Gigantamax than what happened.

Also, Pikachu gets so fat to the point he becomes Gigantamax-sized (let's ignore the fact that he didn't die), and in the next shot he's completely normal again. All of this cream had to go somewhere. What happened off-screen? Did Pikachu destroy Opal's Gym bathroom?

Also, Pikachu gets so fat to the point he becomes Gigantamax-sized (let's ignore the fact that he didn't die), and in the next shot he's completely normal again. All of this cream had to go somewhere. What happened off-screen? Did Pikachu destroy Opal's Gym bathroom?
It's anime logic. You just don't question it.

It's anime logic. You just don't question it.
Poor Opal, though... Or whoever had to clean the toxic waste site that Pikachu turned the Gym's bathroom into.

Actually, he wouldn't even fit into the bathroom, would he? That means... Oh god... How long was the time skip between those two shots? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we didn't get to see the cleanup, but I sure do hope someone had a Dynamax Muk.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom