• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

Its a bit much to style one Pokemon around a whole continent.
You joke but I think a Turkey based Pokemon would look cool

Gall-dindi.jpg

Unless one counts Unfeazant as a Turkey

(Since Pheasants and Turkeys are in the same family)

Ah yes, the fabled development Lucario allegedly received to earn its power and bond with Ash. I have heard legends about this fascinating arc.
whispers Believe it or not, I have a friend who has a sister who has a friend who has an uncle who has a brother who has a mother who has a father who has a client who has the lost episodes from this mythical arc. Believe it or not, but the legends truly are as great as described: even more so. Ash's team has a development arc together that surpasses even previous seasons in terms of camaraderie, Goh suffers from a heavy failure and learns from it in a meaningful and well rounded way, Ash gets fleshed out as a character, and...the pokemon are treated like actual characters!

...this is all just silly myth though. :enzap:

When Ash Mega Evolved his Lucario a few weeks ago, that crossed off one thing that he's never done with his Pokémon. Now, in addition to still not having caught a Legendary Pokémon (not a Mythical Pokémon) or used a Fairy-type move with any of his Pokémon (we'll see if Gengar indeed ends up getting Dazzling Gleam later on or not), one thing that he's yet to do is to catch a female-only species. His only gender-specific species so far has been Tauros. But going through all the female-only species, none of them really seem like species that would probably suit Ash. Which is a shame, since I'd like to see Ash owning one someday.

When Ash Mega Evolved his Lucario a few weeks ago, that crossed off one thing that he's never done with his Pokémon. Now, in addition to still not having caught a Legendary Pokémon (not a Mythical Pokémon) or used a Fairy-type move with any of his Pokémon (we'll see if Gengar indeed ends up getting Dazzling Gleam later on or not), one thing that he's yet to do is to catch a female-only species. His only gender-specific species so far has been Tauros. But going through all the female-only species, none of them really seem like species that would probably suit Ash. Which is a shame, since I'd like to see Ash owning one someday.
What about the Latias from the 5th movie?

What about the Latias from the 5th movie?
He never owned it. I've heard rumors that they planned to give her to Ash, but for one reason or another didn't. As for if he could catch it today... Yeah. While Latias is a Pokémon that I could theoretically see and very much like Journeys Ash catching, I don't think it's all that likely.

I'll go for Latios instead. It's my preferred pick for Satoshi.
Personal preference; he was my Ace in, and why I picked, OR.
I also like Luster Purge more than Mist Ball.

Another option for a Legendary would be either Lugia or Ho-Oh.

Of course this should be saved for a future series, if there is another for the next Gen....
Journeys Satoshi doesn't deserve those Pokemon, and he won't do so much with them either.
Getting more Legendaries to be wasted by vanishing or just getting cameos, no way.

Anyone else noticed a bunch of similarities between Alain and Gladion? The two are eerily similar, like
  • Obviously both are Ash’s main rivals in their saga, whom he faces in the league finals
  • Similar dark-coloured clothing and ‘edgy’ attitude
  • Half of their teams are dark types
  • The main pokemon they had a rivalry with had a special form (AG and dusk Lycanroc) , they also used the same pokemon to battle them most the time
  • In fact both ended going into the league just to battle Ash, defeating the gyms and island challenge because they were so inspired by him
  • Both have a younger female character they look after/protect (Mairin and Lillie), but they start pushing them away in their attempts to do so
  • Were affiliated/connected to the evil team of the region (team flare whilst Gladion was a part of AF and team skull’s enforcer in the games); technically aether isn’t evil but functioned as the organisation still
  • Have a direct connection to said teams leader, Alain was being mentored by Lysandre whilst Lusamine is Gladion’s mum
  • In a way, they obtained their ace by the evil team - Alain was given his key+mega stone by Lysandre (which he always uses on Charizard, albeit charmander was given by Scyamore) whilst Gladion stole Type:Null from them
  • Both have battled legendary pokemon (Zygarde and Necrozma)
  • As a result of the previous points, they both ended up teaming up with Ash in the climax against the main threat (Megalith and Necrozma)

There’s some differences, like the age gap, Alain being associated with the professor (whereas Gladion isn’t), Alain was manipulated by team flare for ages whilst Gladion broke free of Aether from the beginning and of course Alain beat Ash in the end.

Given they’re so close to each other, I can’t help but wonder if Gladion was inspired by Alain from a design standpoint. Like they changed his character to suit Alola’s setting but adapted him from there.

Anyone else noticed a bunch of similarities between Alain and Gladion? The two are eerily similar, like
Well, that would fit into that post from a chan claiming that the Alola league (incuding Kukui's match) was meant to echo Ash's previous league defeats.
For those who haven't seen it:
*Rowlet falling asleep and winning mirrored Squirtle being disqualified in Kanto, and he wore clothing like Tyson's Meowth
*Defeats a fire-type starter with another fire-type starter, mirroring Johto
*Defeats two Legendary Pokémon while having a Mythical of his own, mirroring Tobias
*Defeated a Lucario to mirror Unova
*Defeats an "edgelord" rival to mirror Kalos, and also stops a Blast Burn attack and turns it to his advantage
(I tend to think it's not intentional but a lot of the most interesting things in art are unintended)

The regional starters abandoned by their former original Trainers that their new second Trainer Ash has caught have become fully-evolved, besides that Ash's Pignite had not actually fully-evolved at all. So, I wonder why you think that Ash's Pignite had not fully-evolved? Please, let me know, thanks.:)

The regional starters abandoned by their former original Trainers that their new second Trainer Ash has caught have become fully-evolved, besides that Ash's Pignite had not actually fully-evolved at all. So, I wonder why you think that Ash's Pignite had not fully-evolved? Please, let me know, thanks.:)
Emboar isn't very popular

Well, that's too bad. Who do you think's popular, Serperior or Samurott? Why?
Serperior is the most popular among the Unova Starters

Why? I can't say for certain. People just like it's design more than the others I guess

Or at least that my stance

I'm still salty Ash's Snivy never evolved

I don't think the writers had any plans for the Unova starters at all. Even Tepig evolving felt random. The writers had no idea what to do with them and it showed

Back
Top Bottom