• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Mafia - Endgame (Looking Stupid Joker!)

i will explain… later… which is now! but basically i have been wanting content from TheCapsFan while i was reading the thread, and lo and behold, leetic! voted TheCapsFan with my same line of thought (which means… leetic! is actually el Townie??!?) and even said he was around and didn’t post!
You can chock my lack of content up to the same thing that you referred to earlier in this post; i was literally sleeping. I don't know why leetic thought I was being purposefully inactive, but I didn't see that the game had started until this morning.

I didn't mean GTHs aren't useful, I already sort of understood how they could be. But if there's really nothing remotely alignment indicative, for a bunch of players it seems like you're gonna just be saying a random alignment. I will give you my read on Soulmaster when there is something to read Soulmaster based on, and not before. I am not refusing to take a stance on Soulmaster. I am refusing to take a stance on Soulmaster at this present second, because he has contributed nothing of any value thus far, and as far as I can see, he probably will in the near-ish future, so it just makes more sense to wait till that nearish future when he posts.

I'm not gonna GTH Kai or update my HD read yet cause its 03:00, I'll do that in the morning.
If they ask for a GTH read on someone you don't have any opinion on, just humor them. That's what I did with HD.

I don't hate the defense and arguments in these posts, at least I don't think they come from a scum PoV - you are not obligated to have a read on everyone, but leetic!'s problem with you is valid in that despite all these posts and time you didn't end up voting anyone.
You don't find the passive aggressiveness from DW to be just a bit odd? I feel like he doesn't normally act this antagonistic.

You can chock my lack of content up to the same thing that you referred to earlier in this post; i was literally sleeping. I don't know why leetic thought I was being purposefully inactive, but I didn't see that the game had started until this morning.
You were online after the start of the game but didn't post

If they ask for a GTH read on someone you don't have any opinion on, just humor them. That's what I did with HD.

You don't find the passive aggressiveness from DW to be just a bit odd? I feel like he doesn't normally act this antagonistic.

Are you claiming that leetic! was lying then?

Wait, when did I ask you for a GTH read?

No, I don't, and from what little I think I know of him personally, I feel that's in-character of him to get annoyed about how leetic! was pushing him.

I mean, you said you were following me, but was that really a stronger reason than what you quoted?
There's a difference between voting for somebody, and thinking they must be Mafia with at least one other inactive just because they have not posted yet.

Does anyone here know about Reiji? It feels too easy and premature to even make up a scum team of TheCapsFan / Reiji, even just one, just because both haven't posted yet.
Does the name "Arcaneum" ring a bell? :p
I feel out of everyone who has posted so far, Soulmaster has presented by far the least reason to read him as town. Even if he acts similarly as town, that's not a playstyle that is difficult to replicate as scum at all. If enough town find each other, then scum will have nowhere to hide.
Soulmaster has presented by far the least reason to read him in general. I agree with DawningWinds on this and I do think it's odd you're pushing him so hard for presenting a completely null palate.

Where I dislike with DawningWinds is that his defensiveness does not feel towny to me.

it is most likely that town can only afford to mislynch one townie, as 2-2-1 would be a mafia victory in most scenarios.
@Elementar @ReturnofMCH Can you clarify whether or not Mafia wins at parity?

Does the name "Arcaneum" ring a bell? :p

Soulmaster has presented by far the least reason to read him in general. I agree with DawningWinds on this and I do think it's odd you're pushing him so hard for presenting a completely null palate.

Where I dislike with DawningWinds is that his defensiveness does not feel towny to me.

@Elementar @ReturnofMCH Can you clarify whether or not Mafia wins at parity?

I have... no idea who that is. I know an Arcadia though!

If you agree with DawningWinds that leetic! has pushed him "so hard", then wouldn't some passive-aggressiveness make more sense for you to be natural? aaaand I just wrote that and saw your next line, ok nevermind

A bit of abrasive animosity coming from the pressure by leetic. I haven't seen this before from town!DawningWinds when pressured, but then again, leetic is an entirely different beast. I don't necessarily think this tells as scum but it is outside of DW's town meta, so I figure that it's worth noting.
Oh, and before I go, Vote: DawningWinds so I don't get bitched at for not voting
Does scum!DW, or anti-town!ITP!DW, in your experience, look more like this, then? You were in Superman Mafia. You were in Hollywood Mafia. You hosted Xenoblade Mafia. Did any of those DWs seem more likely to respond to pressure with "abrasive animosity?

Anyway, yes, I get it, me not having any suspicions yet is an issue, I'll admit that the handful of people I see saying that are definitely right there. But that was, as far as I could tell, not leetic!'s issue- his complaint really seemed to be that I didn't have any read on Soulmaster. I don't agree with this complaint because someone not having a read on someone who hasn't yet done anything, really, really isn't a problem as far as I'm concerned. It's not. The good news for leetic!, though, is that with everyone having posted and it no longer being the middle of the night where I am, I have just now compiled a full readslist and even taken the time to order it from most to least town.
DawningWinds

leetic - I don't agree with the fact that you seem to think everyone needs reads on everyone right fucking now. I don't agree with your vote on me that seems to be over not having a read on one person. I do think, though, at this stage in the game, being the person who's asking people to have any reads at definitely is a huge a point in your favor, so as much as I don't agree with you, I don't remotely think you're scum, either. Also I do agree with your last post saying Caps feels CWACy so also a point in your favor. Strongest town read.

neopest - I like her vote on me, she makes solid points about me not having really put pressure on anyone. Her reads posts on Reiji, me and leetic! is also good, I like seeing clearly explained thoughts on other players. Second-strongest town read.

FinalArcadia - Still feeling generally townish for her, but again, not super strong.

Kaiveran - I'm not sure I agree with going for a no poster rather than trying build a case on someone who had posted, especially as early as ey did. And honestly? That's the only thing they've done that really stands out to me, at all pretty much. I don't think its worth voting them over my disagreement with them at the moment

HumanDawn - HD's HD and he's the last person I'm writing a read for and I have things to do so I'm just gonna come back to this later.

Soulmaster - His content is... Not that great. A quick defense, a null HD (while I do agree this is basically how HD always looks its really not much to go on since anyone who's played with HD can see that, scum or town), and a confusing read on leetic "the annoyance doesn't mean I think they're scum, have a scum lean due to trying to encourage activity.". Not sure if he actually means scum lean or meant to type town lean. It's a pretty short post which I'd probably be fine with if there were also more posts that tried to do something. He said he'd read everything two hours prior and he has explicitly told us why he's not around yet so between that and seeing better places to vote at the moment, I'm more than willing to give him a bit more time to get into the game but if he continues not really doing much in content posts this'll be something I'll inclined to push.

TheCapsFan - Like I say below, I definitely think leetic makes a good point about him feeling kinda CWAC-y. Almost all his contributions have been meta talk so far, and a lot of his posts contain a fair bit of fluff. Also his wagon is tied with mine and ties are no lynch and no lynch is unfun.

Reiji - Honestly? I don't like a number of his reads. His read on me doesn't seem to line up with what he's saying, most of the words look like it should be a scumlean, but he has me as null-town. Not a fan the read on Soulmaster, either, and something about his Kai read strikes me as more OMGUS than actual analysis. I can't really put my finger on the reasons behind those latter two reads.
Vote: Reiji

In terms of town reads NP > RJ > FA (still want to see more from her) > KV > DW > HD > TCF > SM
Is the reason that you are voting TheCapsFan over Soulmaster despite having the latter lower on this list because you think he's independent then? Unless you're just really convinced that SM is indep rather than scum, I don't get not voting for him instead.

Honestly, I think Soulmaster's most recent post was weak enough that he does deserve the vote.

UNVOTE: HumanDawn
VOTE: Soulmaster

I understand that it's a different phase and like I said, I can see that it doesn't get as much credit, but it's already a post showing I will be active in the game and attempting something. Had I left and never came back I would understand the focus better, but it was literally a few hours before the game even started. It still feels hypocritical and I don't see the logic in it. then again i know people know i'm a sneaky player, so there can always be that paranoia :M
oh, trust me, there is definitely always at least a little paranoia over your intentions in mafia games lol

A post before the game officially started is just too open to interpretation. Like, because it was before the game started, there's no weight to it, and it is just technically not even a part of the D1 events. I get what you're saying that it was only hours before the game truly started, but I personally don't consider that relevant to D1. For my own logic, there's got to be a cut-off somewhere, you know? Now, I did mention your Pyra/Mythra post, but that was for joke purposes

Is the reason that you are voting TheCapsFan over Soulmaster despite having the latter lower on this list because you think he's independent then? Unless you're just really convinced that SM is indep rather than scum, I don't get not voting for him instead.
Think of it this way: Caps has more reasons to be viewed as scum, while SM has less reason to be viewed as town

Also Caps is much more likely to actually respond to my vote

You're still evading my question
No, it answers it, because one is using inactivity based on odds just from who has not posted yet, and one is different than using inactivity not based on odds. One claims there must be a Mafia in the group of two, and I claim there could be Mafia from TheCapsFan not posting when he was around. Hopefully that makes more sense!

I'm not really getting anything out of this HD/Leetic interaction. It doesn't really move the needle for me on HumanDawn tbh.

A post before the game officially started is just too open to interpretation. Like, because it was before the game started, there's no weight to it, and it is just technically not even a part of the D1 events. I get what you're saying that it was only hours before the game truly started, but I personally don't consider that relevant to D1. For my own logic, there's got to be a cut-off somewhere, you know? Now, I did mention your Pyra/Mythra post, but that was for joke purposes
I agree with HD that this case is lame, he clearly made his first post as if it was part of D1

Also would be hilarious if Caps/HD are the team.

The only reason I have to suspect this is that HD's suspicion on Caps doesn't really make sense to me in an almost TMI way from how he's been discussing it, so yeah don't mind me... just gonna be tinfoiling over here in my corner.

If DW was mafia, I think he'd acquiesce a little more and try to fix whatever it was that might get him caught. It seems like he just legitimately has no read on Soulmaster, and given how little SM has posted, that's understandable. I barely was able to say much about him myself in my first post.
Eh....this is a fair argument. I would like to see more from DawningWinds in general about other players, and to see leetic drop the pressuring about Soulmaster.

First thing's first - gunna just call out the fact that you've conveniently stopped at a player such as HD when it comes to challenging them. Known you long enough that you're probably cooking up a plan at this point. We'll see how that goes down.
Well, I needed to include a scum in my GTH's for leetic, and I didn't want to call out my scumbuddy Soulmaster, so HD took one for the team.

In reality, HD's posts have led me to a far more null read on them, as I feel like most of their posts so far fall in line with their general behavior regardless of alignment.

Unsure currently, a lot of the more "off-topic" joke-y comments are normally what I see from scum!Caps, but then the community we are in plays a lot differently to here so it may just be how Caps plays here?
I would say I play fairly similarly to how I play there; I don't give a shit whether I live or die.

As for most of what has happened since then, don't have a ton to say, more of only half paying attention and read most like 2 hours ago. HD seems to be about normal, no matter which side he's on. And I can't remember any of my other thoughts today, should be back later with hopefully more but later will be a while.
I do hope you come back later with something more substantial on each player as I fear you will be lynched on activity and contributions alone. Every player has posted gameplay-related content so far so there should be something for you to comment on for each player. I agree with FA and Reiji's thoughts about you so far.

Also DawningWind is trending up for me somewhat with their most recent response. It's not really defensive in the way I normally think scum would react to the kind of pressure I put on them in the early game, but I still do have some concerns.

For now though I'll probably get the ball moving on this

Vote: HumanDawn

No, it answers it, because one is using inactivity based on odds just from who has not posted yet, and one is different than using inactivity not based on odds. One claims there must be a Mafia in the group of two, and I claim there could be Mafia from TheCapsFan not posting when he was around. Hopefully that makes more sense!
I'm asking you why you specifically think that your TCF case was better than Kai's. None of your responses have made references to your actual reasons for voting Caps, only what the reasons were not rather than what they were.

I'm asking you why you specifically think that your TCF case was better than Kai's. None of your responses have made references to your actual reasons for voting Caps, only what the reasons were not rather than what they were.
Yeah this is kind of what I was getting at myself. The vote and push seem to have been made before actually thinking about why Caps might be mafia. It looks unnatural to me. Kind of like a vote there justify later type of thing.

Back
Top Bottom