• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Mafia - Endgame (Looking Stupid Joker!)

Soulmaster - 1 (FinalArcadia)
TheCapsFan - 1 (leetic!)
Reiji - 1 (DawningWinds)
Kaiveran - 2 (Reiji, Soulmaster)
Updated. Out of the two options to vote, Soulmaster took the easy way out. It'd be one thing if his reasons were good, but it basically boils down to "Kai inactive" and nothing else - considering how Soulmaster was the person Kai mentioned most besides potentially myself, that really stands out. So

UNVOTE: TheCapsFan
VOTE: Soulmaster

Also, I know it's easy to just follow everyone else's reads when you are catching up, but the difference between SM's catchup post and RJ's is immense, enough to make me think that they are likely of different alignments. There's a small chance it's T/T, but the posts clearly come from different mindsets. I guess SM/RJ is a third (or maybe fourth, I haven't been keeping count) potential scumteam that I can eliminate.

HD - Earlygame is strong
The rest of your trustfalls are fine but this one stands out to me. What made his earlygame strong, and what about that is missing from his later posts?

The main thing that stands out about HD to me is the fact that he was clearly unconcerned about what I thought about him. What do you think about that?

@Soulmaster I know you have good reason to not talk about Kai's reasons for townreading you, but there's a couple things I want to know. If Kai's a wolf and your town, what does Kai gain by defending you? Ey were the only person to hold onto a townread on you so ey stick out in particular.

Reiji - 1 (DawningWinds)
Might wanna recheck this, I unvoted.

SM didn't really comment on any of the major arguments that've gone on in his catch up post, which feels kinda strange to me. Most of his reads aren't well elaborated on either, almost none of his reads really specify what he does or doesn't like. Not a big fan of this. Also as leetic! pointed out they're kinda just the same things everyone else has been saying. Except with not as good reasoning, especially with the "inactive=scum" reasoning he's calling Kai scum under that leetic! pointed out, which is not only hypocritical, but there are actually valid reasons to call Kai scum outside that which make it look extra unthoughtout.

I just kept my vote on HD because most other people I wanted to vote weren't around and didn't really see the use in switching to them if that was the case. It's very late where I am now so I'll respond to everything else in more detail later, but wanted to answer that before heading off to bed.
This is the first NP post that kinda pings me, ngl. Basically, it's hedgy, but in a different sense than hedging on a read. Basically:

"Why do I have a vote on HD?" -> "I'll say wasn't online at the same time as anyone else I scumread."
"But what if it turns out that I was?" -> "I'll add a vague qualifier that if they were around, I didn't see the need to vote them for some vague unspecified reason"

It feels more like something made up to have all your bases covered rather than the actual reason

Soulmaster - 3 (FinalArcadia, leetic!, DawningWinds)
Kaiveran - 2 (Reiji, Soulmaster)
Now up to date, and it seems votes have consolidated. Not sure how I feel about the two least active people being the leading wagons, but I will say that everyone put in an impressive amount of effort for a Bulbagarden game.

SM said he would be around for thirty minutes after his catch-up post, but he seems to have completely dipped.

Caps-Up to #114, not much to say here. Most are small reactions to everything that has happened. Several are sarcastic posts which seem to fit my rusty memory of them. But nothing alignment indicative.
Up to the mid-#180s, still not much, more jokes, not overly liking this. A few at the end are getting better but still a slightly scumlean at this point.
Even if I agree Caps is scummy this is a terrible case. The first line of this is hardcore hedging and cutting it out would lose nothing of value. Second line, "not overly liking this" is the only reason for scumreading him, and it's vague as hell. "A few at the end are getting better" again completely unspecified and makes this already extremely hedgy case even hedgier. At first I was gonna say it was weird you were voting Kai over Caps when you seemingly had more of a reason to scumread the latter, but despite this looking more substantive than "inactiv=scum", it's CWAC in its purest form.

Reiji-That one post was great, but some more would be nice.
Oh hey there's more from them. Okay those posts I'm liking.
Oh, uh a bit more that I'm not a fan of but still on the towny side, though wouldn't be surprised.
Hedgy, no specificity beyond "was great/not a fan of", the statements cancel out anyway

Neopest-Crap, got to here and realized "I forgot one player" and I'm afraid that you. Will get back to you but in general slight town lean, but defintiely not heavy and will have to do a reread.
Hedgy, interesting he felt the need to throw a townlean there despite not doing so for HD. If SM flips scum, that would increase my suspicion of NP.

DawningWinds-Through their general pushback on pressure (maybe not the right words or words that have different context here but yeah) I see a town lean. Not being backed into a corner seems more towny to me and they are refusing to bend to pressure, which many scums would.

FinalArcadia-I'm liking most of their posts. They generally are trying to progress the game. Posting actual thoughts and asking good lines of questions. Feel like I should have more here because they have posted more, but I wrote this earlier on and haven't gone back and added to you, sorry.
The only two people he actually gave reasons for townreading. If SM is scum, these are just town.

Seeing Soulmaster's latest posts... I like what I see for the most part, seems like a genuine effort to catch up, more than what I'm used to from them, tbh. [UNVOTE]: Soulmaster
Not letting you off the hook either, what do you actually like about SM's post? Were you only impressed by how big it seems and only skimmed through it? Because that post does not feel genuine at all

Not letting you off the hook either, what do you actually like about SM's post? Were you only impressed by how big it seems and only skimmed through it? Because that post does not feel genuine at all
"DW - More defensive than what I've seen from him - scummy"
"SM - More effort than what I've seen from him - towny"
I don't really follow your progression.

Back
Top Bottom