• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Special preview for 2022

Unless I am missing somebody, Cassidy and Butch will be the first anime-original characters to return. Nice to see the series acknowledging the anime original characters, too. Maybe Ritchie could have a chance to return some day, too.
Barring small cameos like Tracey and Paul, yes, this does seem to be the case. Never would've expected Cassidy and Butch to be the first anime original characters to make a big return in this series, but here we are.

To be fair Botch and Cassidy are associated with Team Rocket so they have that game relation

How will Meowth handle seeing his first love for the first time in YEARS?
20211224_093325.jpg

Unless I am missing somebody, Cassidy and Butch will be the first anime-original characters to return. Nice to see the series acknowledging the anime original characters, too. Maybe Ritchie could have a chance to return some day, too.
Tracey appeared in the first Project Mew episode... inside a small fantasy speech bubble... For like half a second.

Does Gary count?

Wait a minute, Delia exists too.

This probably won't happen, but I hope that Piers is one of the Master 8. I mean in the games he nearly took out Raihan without using Dynamax. With Raihan being ranked 7th, you could easily make Piers ranked 8.

Interesting to see. Was not expecting Butch and Cassidy, was never their biggest fan but at least they'll bring some new content for the TRio to do. The return of British-Ash via Slowking proves to be humorous if nothing else. More Eeveelutions and more importantly best Kanto Gym Leader Erika is returning and I am hyped. Chloe doing a Showcase(?) promises to be interesting, she's definitely getting more involved compared to 2021 Journeys where she would more often just watch. Marnie and Piers bringing up the Galar representation is cool and I believe that is Rillaboom behind Piers so we might get some interaction with Grookey in a similar fashion to Sobble had.

Overall, looking good so far~ :bulbaLove:

Woah how did I nearly miss this??!

Seeing Brent and Cassidy was extremely unexpected for me, but definitely very welcome, as I was hoping they'd return back when Journeys started. I'm especially glad that the door for anime-original characters getting more than just cameos is open now! (Also, I'm really curious... WHY is Meowzie there??)

Good to see Erika as well. I'm not too surprised to see Marnie or Piers, I was pretty much confident they'd appear at some point soon, but I feel like that definitely could have happened earlier lol.

...I fear that Galarian Slowking episode though. Once was enough. No more please. :confused:

That was an interesting preview. The return of Cassidy and Butch is definitely unexpected. To be honest, I wasn't really eager to see them again. After they became Team Rocket trio lite in pretty much all of their post OS appearances, it just made their rivalry with our Team Rocket feel boring. That being said, this at least potentially gives something for Team Rocket to do, which is definitely welcomed. I'm more curious if they do randomly have Meowize there and how Meowth will react. They haven't really explained the origin behind Meowth for ages, so having a brief flashback to Meowth first trying to impress Meowize could be interesting.

Seeing some of the Eeveelutions is pretty cool. Erika with Leafeon is a interesting choice, but I guess it does tie in with Masters a bit. While I'm happy that Chloe will get to do something, I'd be so disappointed if we get a Showcase episode and not a Contest episode. Showcases were always much less impressive and interesting than Contests were. Plus, I still think that they'd have an easy way to include a Contest episode with Dawn and Chloe's friendship. It would be nice if they used a Showcase episode to bring back Serena. Even though she went to try out Hoenn Contests, I think that they could probably make it work ad she does have a Sylveon. I just hope that they don't ignore Contests just so that we can have the poor man's version with Showcases.

I'm also happily surprised that they have Marnie and Piers. I love Piers and Marnie is pretty cool too, but I didn't think that they'd show up in Journeys, especially Marnie. Admittedly, she doesn't have a lot going on in the games, so out of the three rivals, she would be the easiest to include this late in the game, but after James caught his own Morpeko, Marnie's signature Pokemon, I didn't think that she'd show up. Granted, I don't know when James' Morpeko last appeared, so maybe that isn't as much of an issue as I thought. Piers is one of my favorite Galar Gym Leaders, so getting to see him is really cool. I hope that Ash gets to battle him and that they'll feature more Galar characters in the future.

but after James caught his own Morpeko, Marnie's signature Pokemon, I didn't think that she'd show up.
My money's on her Partner Pokémon being either Grimmsnarl itself since it was her Gigantamax option in the games or maybe a lower form in the line like Impidimp that might evolve if Marnie gets to be a reoccurring character. :unsure:

Here's a little taste of what's to expect for Pokémon Journeys in 2022!

Looks like Chloe is in a Showcase here? Suprises me people are not freaking out about Serena? Have all her fans moved on?
It's because Serena hasn't appeared in this preview. The other companions had been directly promoted before they appear.

Also, Serena decided to participate in Contests at the end of XY.
I have an idea, If Marnie goes steals Serena's boyfriend when she finds out. I hope you will find a little jealousy surprise.

Biff and Cassidy are back, and Marnie and Piers make their debut. I’m dreading the Slowking episode because I hated JN026. It looks like Chloe is doing a contest or showcase from the same episode with the Eeveelutions.

Questions I have:
1. If TRio really is leaving, I’m not happy with how they would drastically shift Ash since he’s been acting like a buttmonkey this series.
2. We have seen every Eeveelution get a focus episode EXCEPT for Sylveon. With that plus Chloe possibly competing in a showcase, is it setting up Serena’s return? HOW WILL THEY ADDRESS AMOURSHIPPING? How will Serena react to Ash and Ash react to Serena?

Is that really Erika with the Leafeon? They didn't show her face.

I wouldn't really count Chloe participating in a Showcase as some significant benchmark it's more just her trying out something new which she has been doing ever since she became a prominent figure on the cast, don't think this is building her up to be a Performer or anything
The point is that we're getting three Eeveelutions close to each other, which suggests the writers are blitzing through her arc because Journeys is ending soon.

The point is that we're getting three Eeveelutions close to each other, which suggests the writers are blitzing through her arc because Journeys is ending soon.
How do you come to that conclusion? Do you honestly believe Koharu won't get any more focus after she sees every Eeeve form? Also wouldn't bet on Journies ending soon either, we have no idea when it will end.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom