• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dawn without new Pokemon

I am Gla that this thread reached to page 5. Even if it reached to level 5. Sadly no one answered my posts

I want to see the arcues episode so quickly. When it will release?

When i saw iris episode, i became so angry. How could this the most stupid character became the champion. It is the illusion yes illusion. She is the kid really awful kid awful champion awful episode

But in the other hand, then dawn didn't got any pokemon.

There could be a possibility that Dawn may have other Pokemon in her reserves (or box). Perhaps she just won't rotate.

Here's a thought. So it was mentioned that Dawn also traveled through Hoenn, Johto, and Unova. Any reason why she has yet to tackle Kanto, as there are Contests there? Any possible reasons she chose Sinnoh again for Contests?

Seeing as Brock has now evolved his Chansey into a Blissey I gotta say it is getting really weird now.

Why won't they allow Dawn to have anything new?

It's like nearly old companion who has returned, appeared with something new with the exception of Dawn and the Alola Gang.
Even Cynthia and freaking Erika have new Pokemon

At least with the Alola Gang I can understand since it hasn't been that long ago since we last saw them

But Dawn's been gone for almost a decade prior to Journeys and we've seen her by far the most out of any former Companion so far.

Seeing as Brock has now evolved his Chansey into a Blissey I gotta say it is getting really weird now.

It's like nearly old companion who has returned, appeared with something new with the exception of Dawn and the Alola Gang.

At least with the Alola Gang I can understand since it hasn't been that long ago since we last saw them

But Dawn's been gone for almost a decade prior to Journeys and we've seen her by far the most out of any former Companion so far.
The most optimistic answer would be that they're going to make team changes for Dawn onscreen. The Hisui special has her obtaining an Oshawott that will presumably evolve all the way into Hisuian Samurott. It might not be a permanent capture, but even if it isn't maybe they'll allow her to get other stuff. Like evolving Buneary at the very least.

It also helps that outside of Kiawe, the Alola classmates were never that into battling and none of them captured a lot of Pokemon even during SM. I'm not against them catching some Pokemon off-screen, but given how most of their goals/interest aren't related directly to Pokemon battling, I don't think it's an issue to keep their teams the same.

It's far more jarring with Dawn since Contests still require good battle skills at the end of the day and she had a fully team by the end of DP. Plus, the idea that Dawn has traveled through multiple regions, took part in countless more Contests, took part in at least a couple of more Grand Festivals since leaving the cast, but never found a Pokemon she wanted to catch or had one of her two Pokemon in her team evolve is just so unbelievable to me. My only guess is that she'll either actually keep her new capture in the Arceus special and/or one of her Pokemon will evolve during said specials. It may not be ideal, especially when she still came off as way too stagnant for someone who has traveled through multiple regions, but it would be better than nothing. It would be such a waste to not do anything with her Quilava at least since I figured that was part of the reason why it didn't evolve off-screen in the first place.

Give her an egg if you don't want to give her a pokemon. It is not good to just let her travell from place to place withoit new pokemon. Her dream required travelling catching new pokemons

Looking at that music video/ending they made with Dawn's team maybe they just don't want to change anything. Who knows. I doubt we'll ever know unless we get an interview or something with the director/writers for her return eps.

Looking at that music video/ending they made with Dawn's team maybe they just don't want to change anything. Who knows. I doubt we'll ever know unless we get an interview or something with the director/writers for her return eps.
That's possible, but it would still seem so strange when nearly every other character has been allowed to get some changes to their teams or some sign of progress for their off-screen adventures. If they really just didn't want to change her team, that probably wouldn't be that much of an issue if she still had moments to show that she made some progress or accomplishment off-screen. Misty didn't get a new Pokemon in SM, but it didn't really matter when she got a Mega Gyaradaos, which was still noteworthy. For someone who has traveled through multiple regions to take part in Contests and Grand Festivals, Dawn really doesn't have anything to show for it, which is just so bizarre to me for a number of reasons.

If she didn't catch a new pokemon then i dkn't think that she will been reginosed as someone who try to improve. Because she really the same when she travelled from sinnoh to the next region.

How could she been changed from someone who really love catching pokemon to somekne else and iris who always got luck became champion out of nowhere

It just occured to me, another thing that makes Dawn's Buneary not evolving is that it sorta creates a huge missed opportunity: Lopunny can Mega Evolve, and Ash obtained a Mega Evolution-capable Pokemon in Lucario just this saga, so imagine how cool it would have been for Dawn and Ash to have a friendly Mega Lopunny vs Mega Lucario fight? Heck, the fact that both Pokemon are Fighting-types weak to Fighting makes it fairly even, so it could have been really interesting.

It just occured to me, another thing that makes Dawn's Buneary not evolving is that it sorta creates a huge missed opportunity: Lopunny can Mega Evolve, and Ash obtained a Mega Evolution-capable Pokemon in Lucario just this saga, so imagine how cool it would have been for Dawn and Ash to have a friendly Mega Lopunny vs Mega Lucario fight? Heck, the fact that both Pokemon are Fighting-types weak to Fighting makes it fairly even, so it could have been really interesting.

Lopunny will lpse her love pikachu if she didn't evolved so it is unlikely to evolve but not chatching will be nightmare

Also not helped by the fact that Mega Lopunny is one of the few Mega evolutions that never even a proper appearance in the Anime, with it only showing up in a commercial and a "blink-and-you'll-miss-it" cameo appearance in a Mega Evolution Special

Not only that but it could've also resulted in the whole DP Trio being capable of Mega Evolution.

Oh well at the Kanto Trio is capable of doing so

I saw some people did a video about the episodes in youtube. She got oashowat then released then why that? It looks like thst she sill catch Anything

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom