• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"New Eevee" sort of implies that it's a different form for Eevee itself rather than an altogether new Pokemon with the same gimmick (since I feel like if that's what it was, the leak would just say outright that it's a new Eevee-like Pokemon), possibly a regional variant, though since Eevee's whole shtick is that it has multiple evolved forms specifically to adapt to different environments, it's probably the one Pokemon (outside of one-of-a-kind species like several Legendaries and Mythicals) on which regional variants make the least amount of sense unless it's an Eevee variant from an alternate dimension or something of the like, which I doubt is the case: if they wanted to give us an inter-dimensional Eevee, it would have happened in the Alola games due to their plotline revolving around inter-dimensional beings and all.

So, if it's not referring to brand new Pokemon, and it's not referring to an Eevee variant, then the only other possibility is that it's a form change ala Mega Evolutions and Gigantamax. Which I hope not, because that would be pretty disappointing and kind of a waste. I'd much rather they complete the type chart with the Eeveelutions (or even making an entirely new Pokemon that's a counterpart for Eevee and covers the types that Eevee missed out on) instead of making powered-up forms that'll just get ditched in a Gen or two if they're lucky. Gen 6 had the right idea by giving us Sylveon instead of Mega *InsertNameHere*eons. About the only way I'd be okay with Eevee getting these kinds of powerup forms is if they incorporate the unused types somehow.

I for one welcome the idea of a new branch-evolving Pokémon. When was the last one that evolved into different typed species? There have been different forms like Lycanroc and Toxtricity, but a full on, Eevee-like Pokémon would be really cool. Especially if they’re ‘done’ making new Eeveelutions.
Actually, I don't think there's ever been any other Pokemon with branched evolutions that completely changes type upon evolving. At most they'll have different secondary types, but that's it.

Last edited:
Lo and verily has the passage of time isochronously diffused to reciprocate the yearnings of old renewed: another leak season is upon us, friends! Equal parts gripping and deranged, we set a course for the remote, the unanticipated, and the intoxicating allure of indulgent postulation amidst a sea of false witnesses! In my 4-year sabbatical away from this Bulbasauric symposium, my common sense has aggrandized to an extent to which I'm no longer imprisoned in my penitent state of self-shame following my antecedent posts of a far-gone era.

@Oriden I'm imbued with contentment to discover that many of the amazing souls whom I posted amongst previously are even-now entrenched in the thick of the meaningful discussion and examination of Pokémon leaks. So good to see you all again! ^_^
XD Oh goodness, it is a delight to see you again! Really made me smile.

And yeah, I come back around here whenever there's a leak season! We've been pretty blessed to have two back-to-back thanks to Legends: Arceus, it's been keeping me engaged.

Actually, I don't think there's ever been any other Pokemon with branched evolutions that completely changes type upon evolving. At most they'll have different secondary types, but that's it.
Assuming you don't count non regional forms that evolve into regional forms like the Bulbapedia page apparently does then yeah, Branched Evo Pokémon only change/gain secondary types (or in bellossom's case lose a secondary type) but no complete type change. Other than Eevee of course.

This new leak is very odd. The first six are some generic basic guesses, but after that they start to derail. I'm guessing that English isn't their first language. If not that, then they decided to intentionally obfuscate things in an attempt to make their guesses sound more complicated than they really are.
I can sort of understand 7 and 8, but the others...
7- Fights with inside natural obstacles to be destroyed in order to attack opponents.
8- The gimmick of these games allows you to overcome the natural obstacles of the paths and battles through pokemon

What comes to mind is gen 6 when there were objects on the battle field that could be broken with certain moves. Or maybe its like destroying shields in a raid battle. Similarly, 8 just reminds me of PLA where you could send out pokemon to break ore or open up tunnels; just worded very weird. Not sure if I'd consider it a gimmick, though.
10- The legendaries are three stars of different size and heat

This is weird. I assume they are probably referring to Blue Stars, Red Stars and White stars. Not sure how that translates to being a pokemon, though unless we're literally getting amorphous orbs for bosses like Nightmare from kirby or Dark Matter from SPMD or something
11- The villain this time is a man, in his way of acting he resembles Necrozma
I'm guessing they just mean they have similar motives. The villain is trying to absorb energy from the legendaries or something.

BUT THIS:
9- Some pokemon will have a different shape using the Eki crystal, generally they all look closer to the solar iconography
I have no reasonable explanation for what this means. It's some kind of form change, but I have no clue what "solar iconography" means, and google doesn't seem to know either. If I had to fathom a guess, what they meant is that, the pokemon which get a form change have a "sun theme" to them. Which could mean that only pokemon with an existing sun theme get chosen or the sun theme is tacked on.

I think my biggest problem is the region name, though. Sama is a japanese honorific. It sounds weird as a region name.

Assuming you don't count non regional forms that evolve into regional forms like the Bulbapedia page apparently does then yeah, Branched Evo Pokémon only change/gain secondary types (or in bellossom's case lose a secondary type) but no complete type change. Other than Eevee of course.

geebraprint said:
I for one welcome the idea of a new branch-evolving Pokémon. When was the last one that evolved into different typed species? There have been different forms like Lycanroc and Toxtricity, but a full on, Eevee-like Pokémon would be really cool. Especially if they’re ‘done’ making new Eeveelutions.
In the distant past, I once mused in regard to the investiture of a branched horse line, though countless other mythological creatures would unequivocally serve the same diverse purpose:

Normal= larger horse
Fire= Nightmare
Water= Kelpie (or seahorse)
Fighting= Mule or Rodeo star
Flying= Pegasus
Psychic= Orobas
Ghost= Nuckelavee (or Nightmare)
Dragon= Kirin (later depictions)
Dark= Robber or bandit's horse (or a new zebra)
Steel= Knight or heavy horse
Fairy= Unicorn

...and so on. Of course, the regional form of Rapidash, Mudsdale, and the horses from the Crown Tundra expansion unceremoniously encroached on that particular possibility; still, it could be done with cat creatures, dog creatures, bird creatures, serpents, and so forth. Culture, folk lore and Mythology are an endless resource of outstanding visionary inspiration if handled with respect and proper understanding!

Last edited:
This new leak is very odd. The first six are some generic basic guesses, but after that they start to derail. I'm guessing that English isn't their first language. If not that, then they decided to intentionally obfuscate things in an attempt to make their guesses sound more complicated than they really are.

What comes to mind is gen 6 when there were objects on the battle field that could be broken with certain moves. Or maybe its like destroying shields in a raid battle. Similarly, 8 just reminds me of PLA where you could send out pokemon to break ore or open up tunnels; just worded very weird. Not sure if I'd consider it a gimmick, though.

This is weird. I assume they are probably referring to Blue Stars, Red Stars and White stars. Not sure how that translates to being a pokemon, though unless we're literally getting amorphous orbs for bosses like Nightmare from kirby or Dark Matter from SPMD or something

I'm guessing they just mean they have similar motives. The villain is trying to absorb energy from the legendaries or something.

BUT THIS:

I have no reasonable explanation for what this means. It's some kind of form change, but I have no clue what "solar iconography" means, and google doesn't seem to know either. If I had to fathom a guess, what they meant is that, the pokemon which get a form change have a "sun theme" to them. Which could mean that only pokemon with an existing sun theme get chosen or the sun theme is tacked on.

I think my biggest problem is the region name, though. Sama is a japanese honorific. It sounds weird as a region name.
The alleged region name immediately revealed this "leak" to be fake.

In the distant past, I once mused in regard to the investiture of a branched horse line, though countless other mythological creatures would unequivocally serve the same diverse purpose:

Normal= larger horse
Fire= Nightmare
Water= Kelpie (or seahorse)
Fighting= Mule or Rodeo star
Flying= Pegasus
Psychic= Orobas
Ghost= Nuckelavee (or Nightmare)
Dragon= Kirin (later depictions)
Dark= Robber or bandit's horse (or a new zebra)
Steel= Knight or heavy horse
Fairy= Unicorn

...and so on. Of course, the regional form of Rapidash, Mudsdale, and the horses from the Crown Tundra expansion unceremoniously encroached on that particular possibility; still, it could be done with cat creatures, dog creatures, bird creatures, serpents, and so forth. Culture, folk lore and Mythology are an endless resource of outstanding visionary inspiration if handled with respect and proper understanding!
I quite like the horse idea

Dark could easily just be based on the nightmare pun lol though maybe that wouldn't work because of other languages. But that trope has been used in games like D&D and MTG so its not entirely unknown.

BUT THIS:

That would be an odd name indeed! Even if one were to attempt to connect the word "Sama" to that of Spanish culture, the best one can hope to accomplish is to take after South American lexicon:

Sama= a Cavinenan verb meaning to cure or treat, from the Quechua "Sama" meaning to stop or rest

The lone Spanish locution that I can derive from "Sama" would be "Dama", meaning Lady. An enormous stretch if in referral, and a rather bizarre choice if made in general- far too many unwittingly and problematically attempt to associate Spanish and South American culture as one in the same, and it would seem implausible for Game Freak to be so careless. Sooner or later, though, we'll know in certainty! :unsure:

The only thing that came to mind with 7 and 8 is something like what the anime sometimes does, where you can use the enviroment to your advantage in battle (Idk use a move on a tree to cut it down and make it fall)

I heard we're getting news this week, I hope its true..
I don't think we are getting more news this week but I hope we do get more news this week.

I still want another update for PLA. It feels like its missing something but I can't put my finger on it.

Remember: CoroCoro and variety shows are not at the forefront of new news anymore.

The most we will probably get (before next month at the earliest) is a recap of what we already know from the website.

Remember: CoroCoro and variety shows are not at the forefront of new news anymore.

The most we will probably get (before next month at the earliest) is a recap of what we already know from the website.
Were variety shows ever at the forefront? As far as I recall, the only time they ever got actual news was because it was anime-related.

I don't think we are getting more news this week but I hope we do get more news this week.

I still want another update for PLA. It feels like its missing something but I can't put my finger on it.
Oh right- guidebook came out, so I suppose PLA is finished. Though we are still missing Home support for it, so there's that.

Were variety shows ever at the forefront? As far as I recall, the only time they ever got actual news was because it was anime-related.
I thiiiiiiink HGSS were announced via variety show? Or at least there was a heavy hint from them before the actual announcement. I just remember gold and silver party balls teased before the announcement, and the balls opened the following week to reveal the games. Maybe the actual announcement was during the week in between, I can't remember.

I think our first hints of Spiky-Eared Pichu were via variety show as well... and Syvleon was either first hinted via variety show or CoroCoro.

Regardless, those are obviously never the first news releases anymore. If the news next week is new, it means we get something this week. But as others have said, it's perfectly likely they're just going over what we already know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom