• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are saying when Junichi Masuda uses the phrase "lets do our best", it usually means news is coming. He did in his most recent tweet, where it is currently the 1st of August in Japan. I checked and he did say "lets do our best" just one day before the announcement for the 2nd trailer came. It seems like its just something so insignificant, but people are saying news usually is coming when he does say it. It seems like such a stretch since he said it last week and there was no news for whatever reason.

I think its likely that we're getting a trailer this week, but mainly because Japanese pre-orders are opening this week on August 4th. Both PLA and SWSH got trailers a couple of days before pre-orders opened in Japan, and it makes sense that they would put out a major trailer to remind people the game exists before pre-orders go live.

I think its likely that we're getting a trailer this week, but mainly because Japanese pre-orders are opening this week on August 4th. Both PLA and SWSH got trailers a couple of days before pre-orders opened in Japan, and it makes sense that they would put out a major trailer to remind people the game exists before pre-orders go live.
It is only logical they would. All of Gen VIII's major games got trailers days before pre-orders launched. There's a very high possibility of news before August 4th.

The only problem is their marketing has been anything but logical. We've been so used to May to October monthly trailers and they've stuck to that for a while. We got nothing in May and had to wait until June again. On top of that, they didn't even have a Pokemon Presents to go a little more in depth. Then they completely skipped over a July trailer. They've never done that before.

It seems like such a stretch since he said it last week and there was no news for whatever reason.
Yeah, honestly, my memory might be deceiving me now, but iirc I've been seeing Masuda tweeting those kind of things for as long as I can remember following him. I don't think it's a hint.

And, yeah, I know people are assuming we would be getting news day after day, week after week, ever since the beginning of July, but I agree with you it definitely looks to me we'll have something this week.
The only problem is their marketing has been anything but logical. We've been so used to May to October monthly trailers and they've stuck to that for a while. We got nothing in May and had to wait until June again. On top of that, they didn't even have a Pokemon Presents to go a little more in depth. Then they completely skipped over a July trailer. They've never done that before.
Honestly, I don't think so. Yes, in a way, they've never done this before. But that doesn't mean it isn't logical or that it's poorly thought out. we just don't know what's going on backstage or how or why they're planning it ike this. The marketing campaign would not be the same forever, someday it would change, as it has changed before.

As I said a few pages ago, if we stop to think about it, it doesn't necessarily mean this was the reason, but we had something different this time that's not on backstage, but rather that we're aware of, which was the release of Legends Arceus this same year. We had Hisui Snow specials on Youtube until June 22nd. Perhaps Legends is why they slowed down the marketing campaign a bit this time around. Maybe it was something thought and planned from the beginning, or maybe they felt through the way the game was still doing good and that speeding up the SV campaign too much could slow down its sales. idk, just a speculation of mine

I'm glad we had the leaks, as we would have been left in the dark for too long, otherwise.

A trailer this week would make the most sense, but I'm still a bit sceptical.

Update on Khu:

They tweeted "datyo" which means Ostrich in Japanese (according to japanese speakers in the comments). Probably a confirmation of the new ostrich Pokemon leaked by Kaka.
They then quoted the tweet by adding "beauty guru". So probably a kind of Milotic equivalent, considered like a very elegant and beautiful Pokemon.

Last edited:
Update on Khu:

They tweeted "datyo" which means Ostrich in Japanese (according to japanese speakers in the comments). Probably a confirmation of the new ostrich Pokemon leaked by Kaka.
They then quoted the tweet by adding "beauty guru". So probably a kind of Milotic equivalent, considered like a very elegant and beautiful Pokemon.
Huh, real ostriches wouldn't exactly be top contenders for a beauty contest, but Pokémon is good at making pretty designs out of ugly animals.

Milotic is based on an oarfish, right? The real life oarfish is sort of grotesque, too, but Pokémon made it beautiful and so I'm very excited about the ostrich.

I didn't know cause I don't play Masters and I'm not an avid fan of Unite, but Serebii just pointed out that Unite has one datamined game mode (Pika Party, which will feature Gmax Pikachu, Surfing Pikachu and others) set to go live August 4th, according to information taken from datamine.
Looks like Masters is on something too? These "anniversary units", yet to be revealed?
I'll stick to my previous guess, but maybe this is all a hint to a full presentation at all.

Finally getting a presents on Wednesday! Did any leaks specifically say we'd get one on that day?

Also just want to say, if I was kaka, and could get early access to games, I would not risk that job (and any future job for breaking nda) for internet clot. These people are stupid
No. People assumed a trailer will be up that day because the very next day Japanese physical preorders for the game will go live.

New single-word tweet from Khu:
"mizudori" - which means waterfowl in japanese.

Are they hinting at one of the new Pokemon that will be shown in the Pokemon Presents?
Could it be the flamingo?

On the level scaling matter, with a comment of a friend it just crossed my mind GF could use EVs, different movesets and different AI levels to balance it at all. So even if we do end up getting the confirmation of gym leaders with no level scaling doesn't mean gyms won't be balanced somehow at all. I hope this is the case

On the level scaling matter, with a comment of a friend it just crossed my mind GF could use EVs, different movesets and different AI levels to balance it at all. So even if we do end up getting the confirmation of gym leaders with no level scaling doesn't mean gyms won't be balanced somehow at all. I hope this is the case
I doubt they'd scale EVs and such but not levels; all the EVs in the world won't let a level 12 Gym Leader do anything against a level 20 player party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom