• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be curious to find the origin of the word "Terastal" to better evaluate the credibility of this.

Thinking about it, it might come from Tera (not surprising after Mega-Evolution, Ultra-Beast, and Gigantamax) and crystal.

My gut feeling tells me we'll get a disappointingly low amount of new Scarlet/Violet information (3 new Pokémon, some new characters, a bit about one of the mechanics, the region's name).

This might have been a lot for a monthly/biweekly trailer, but we're already in August. I hope it's more:
  • At least 5 new Pokémon/forms.
  • Some characters (preferably the gymleaders).
  • A more in-depth look at the 'crystallisation'-mechanic.
  • Not just the region's name, but also more of an overview of a few places.
  • Some miscellaneous stuff (the new camping-system, a glimpse at the Paradox-forms, etc.)

Last edited:
I see this going two potential ways.

The first of which, is that tomorrows trailer doesn't give all that much information, but from this point onwards we get news drops more frequently up till release.

The second of which (what I'm personally expecting) is that we get a substantive amount of info (region details, rival, maybe new battle gimmick shown, "Rfakes" teased, etc) but then we don't get another significant info drop till closer to launch (kinda like with PLA's marketing strategy)

I see this going two potential ways.

The first of which, is that tomorrows trailer doesn't give all that much information, but from this point onwards we get news drops more frequently up till release.

The second of which (what I'm personally expecting) is that we get a substantive amount of info (region details, rival, maybe new battle gimmick shown, "Rfakes" teased, etc) but then we don't get another significant info drop till closer to launch (kinda like with PLA's marketing strategy)
Yeah, I'm not suddenly going to expect a ramped-up marketing cycle. The lower the expectations, the better. September/October weren't all that substantial for Sw/Sh, either.

I think the leak everyone is talking about contains roughly the amount of info I would expect in the trailer. However, the specific details such as the names of the Pokemon, gimmick, and academies seem a bit suspicious. I just can't imagine the localization team calling a bipedal whale "Cetitan", wouldn't wordplay using a recognizable animal's name be more suitable than a scientific term? Seems like this "leak" could have made some lucky guesses about the trailer content while making most of the other stuff up.

With this next bit of SV information coming in a Presents, I do think we will get a decent bit of information, probably around the level of what we got for SwSh in June.
  • 4-5 new Pokemon, probably no evos to the ones we have seen previously. For SwSh they rarely introduced full lines, and when the did I'm pretty sure they were usually introduced together, so unless they decide to change that up for SV, and go back to how they did in SM, I don't think we'll see Smoliv, Lechonk's, or Pawmi's evos in this news cycle.
  • The gimmick. Both Gen 7 and 8 had introduced their gimmicks by around this time, so I'm pretty sure we will see it.
  • At least 1 gym leader. I think it's possible we will see all of them, especially if they are able to be challenged in any order, but I'm not sure how likely it is. If anything, I could see them showing a glimpse of all the gym leaders together, but with only a name and type for one.
  • 1-2 more characters
I also think it's possible we see something pretty unexpected. SwSh's reveal cycle kind of blew my mind when they revealed the Champion early in, as from what I remember, they never did something like this before (okay, well they did reveal Kukui early for SM, and he did function as Alola's champion, but it was as the Professor). So, I could see them deciding to reveal something they wouldn't typically reveal early game. A major character, the pseudo legend, maybe even the mythical, something along those lines.

New tweets from Khu:

Capture d’écran 2022-08-03 101941.png

Refering to the Sudowoodo and Teddiursa polls. I still can't figure out the meaning. We just know it is gimmick-related. Maybe there is no deep meaning and it was just a random riddle to say the gimmick can change the type.

Capture d’écran 2022-08-03 102008.png

Wailmer with a white beard... white whale...

Capture d’écran 2022-08-03 102038.png

Khu retweeted that. Deepl translation: "Hmm? Well, whales are adapting from walking on the ground to swimming in the water, so it's not so strange."
Walking whale... bipedal whale...

Looks like with the two latter tweets, Khu is confirming the bipedal white whale. Maybe the anonymous leak is legit.

@Kerhelion Very interesting. 4 More hours to go...

The new leak + those comments + Ka's leaks + older comments from Khu create something interesting:

• Kaka leaked a dolphin Pokémon, Khu posted a bipedal one (a card from Yugi-Oh).
  • Kaka mentioned a new icicle-looking Pokémon, on which Khu commented about its accuracy (he saw similarities and knew what it was referring to, but it wasn't really an icicle or something according to him), this new leak hints towards a spiny, round (Qwilfish-shaped) dolphin. Coincidence? Maybe. Probably. But still.
It could still be a piggyback'd fake leak, obviously.

Last edited:
3 hours to go!

Now, I have to say, I know I'm the one who need to stay away from a leak thread at this time and point, but I've scrolled quickly through the posts above and I just hope it's nothing related to today's presentation. I mean, I wonder what the point would be, since that person says they make riddles not cause what one could argue, like maybe they having not really full know information or anything, but rather not to "spoil the surprise" of fans or something along those lines? So, for someone who supposedly thinks like that, I wonder what the point would be in revealing things when we're so close to the official reveal already. Just my take on it

Last edited:
Personally I hope that leak from earlier isn't true. Only 3 pokemon revealed feels underwhelming and even though Fidough is a cool name, the description just makes it sound like a fusion of Yamper and Swirlix.

I don't really have anything against "candy" or "pastry" themed mons but I feel like these designs could lose their shine pretty quickly if we start getting one nearly every gen. Fidough would also be the second pastry/sweet themed dog Pokemon, which is a weirdly specific thing to have a second version of....

Whether Fidough is legit or not, Khu already hinted at a bread dog so... almost sure it is gonna happen.

Do we think the stream at 1pm is going to reveal anything or will it just be the direct at 2pm revealing new information?

Part of me believes that leak could be true, but there is a part of me that hopes not because we haven't seen a good amount of new Pokemon yet. I'm hoping to see at least 5 new ones. Just 2 new Pokemon and 1 of the very few new variants would be disappointing.

I'm kind of wondering if the stream at 1pm might reveal something new as well. (Even unofficially like when Impidimp appeared without a reveal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom