• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview HZ013: A Sudden Picnic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

Just as the Rising Volt Tacklers are ready to set off for the Galar region where Liko's grandmother is, there's technical difficulties with the airship's control system... so they decide have a picnic until the system is back up and running. Liko has fun making sandwiches with the rest of the crew, but can't stop thinking about Dot, who stayed behind on the ship...

Huh from Paldea to Galar, seems we’re getting some nice newer region focus. Though with this being the second time in a row that the Rising Volt Tacklers have experienced some kind of technical difficulties when setting off to a new region, I’m really hoping that this isn’t a trend every time.

I'm so happy that Galar is the next destination for the region hopping. Fingers crossed that it eventually gets better attention than it did in Journeys. I do love that they're showing off the picnic feature from Scarlet and Violet. I'm interested in seeing if Dot and Quaxly will be doing anything major here, considering the summary mentions that Liko is thinking about Dot. I'm also glad to see Roy getting more battle experience. I'm hoping he at least attempts to catch that Wattrel, since he didn't with the Spearow he battled a while back. It would be nice to have Liko and Roy start attempting/making some new captures soon.

I'm so happy that Galar is the next destination for the region hopping. Fingers crossed that it eventually gets better attention than it did in Journeys. I do love that they're showing off the picnic feature from Scarlet and Violet. I'm interested in seeing if Dot and Quaxly will be doing anything major here, considering the summary mentions that Liko is thinking about Dot. I'm also glad to see Roy getting more battle experience. I'm hoping he at least attempts to catch that Wattrel, since he didn't with the Spearow he battled a while back. It would be nice to have Liko and Roy start attempting/making some new captures soon.
Maybe this will be where Liko starts to bring Dot out of her shell and she makes another step forward by joining the picnic by the end of the episode.

I seriously think they should have stuck to Paldea, but I'm glad they're at least staying in these places for like 4-5 episodes before headed somewhere else. Like Journeys issue with the region hopping was its like we'll spend an episode in Kanto, go to Hoenn, back to Kabto for a few episodes, go to Galar, go to Sinnoh, then back to Kanto. Here they're at least staying in one place for a bit before moving on and it really is connected.

...Horizon's is going to treat Galar better than Journeys did, isn't it? <_<

I predict debuts for Pokemon AND human characters alike.
(Unless, of course, OLM really DOES hate Galareans for some reason <_<)

Last edited:
I hope they don't keep making up reasons for why the airship can't function as an excuse to keep them grounded in order for an episode to happen.

I do hope Wattrel is captured. The preview suggests it would be Roy in that scenario, though I would prefer him to capture the Pawmi on the ship, while Liko captures Wattrel. But I do feel that Roy is probably more likely to make a capture than Liko is at this point.

If the anime is doing twelve episode runs with a hiatus between, and this three week hiatus isn't a one-off, could that be because of Netflix releasing twelve episodes of the dub at a time? It would also offer some buffer time as well for animation considering how the staffing issues and other Covid-related problems affected things at the tail end of Journeys.

If the anime is doing twelve episode runs with a hiatus between, and this three week hiatus isn't a one-off, could that be because of Netflix releasing twelve episodes of the dub at a time? It would also offer some buffer time as well for animation considering how the staffing issues and other Covid-related problems affected things at the tail end of Journeys.
It's a two week hiatus. It's on break because another show is having a one hour episode to make up for when it went one break when Horizons debuted + another show having a special the following week. Why would the dub factor into anything? It never has, as far as I'm aware. These breaks have been common ever since Journeys moved to Fridays.

It's a two week hiatus. It's on break because another show is having a one hour episode to make up for when it went one break when Horizons debuted + another show having a special the following week. Why would the dub factor into anything? It never has, as far as I'm aware. These breaks have been common ever since Journeys moved to Fridays.
Have story arcs in groups of twelve, each set of episode drops can be an arc in the original and dub rather than a block of twelve ending in the middle of an arc like the Master's Eight Tournament for the dub. I was just theorising, didn't know about that other show until I read your comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom