• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I could see Ash capturing Pokemon off-screen. It would be a way to show that he is still out working with his Pokemon and not just relying on his older Pokemon. Giving him more Mega Pokemon would be fine though since it would function basically the same as seeing him with brand new Pokemon. Out of the two, I think that the former is more likely, if only because I don't know if they'd want to use Ash to showcase Mega Pokemon, but I think that either option could work.

I could see Ash capturing Pokemon off-screen. It would be a way to show that he is still out working with his Pokemon and not just relying on his older Pokemon. Giving him more Mega Pokemon would be fine though since it would function basically the same as seeing him with brand new Pokemon. Out of the two, I think that the former is more likely, if only because I don't know if they'd want to use Ash to showcase Mega Pokemon, but I think that either option could work.
It be like, Flygon, Salamence turns into Mega Evolved, Magnezone, Drapion, Solrock, Lunatone, and any.

The last time we saw Ash he decided to put his entire roster of caught Pokemon on rotation, which kind of implies he won't be making any new captures at least for the forseeable future. Also, seeing Ash return with old fan-favorites would likely generate far more hype than him returning with a completely new Pokemon that he caught and bonded with completely off-screen. I think that the closest to Ash making a "new" capture would be for him to have reunited with Primape at some point and then reveal it as an Annihilape in his return.

The last time we saw Ash he decided to put his entire roster of caught Pokemon on rotation, which kind of implies he won't be making any new captures at least for the forseeable future. Also, seeing Ash return with old fan-favorites would likely generate far more hype than him returning with a completely new Pokemon that he caught and bonded with completely off-screen. I think that the closest to Ash making a "new" capture would be for him to have reunited with Primape at some point and then reveal it as an Annihilape in his return.
I think having his entire roster of Pokemon on rotation was more due to the mini series as opposed to Ash deciding on not making any new captures for the near future. Seeing Ash with fan favorites would get more hype, but seeing him capture some Pokemon off-screen would still show that he's having off-screen adventures and making progress. It's kind of like seeing traveling companions come back with new Pokemon or evolved Pokemon. Giving Ash Annihilape would basically function the same way as a brand new Pokemon would. People certainly wanted to see Ash get an Annihilape when it was revealed and despite its limited screentime, long time fans wanted Ash to get Primeape back, so it would be the best of both worlds in that regard.

I think having his entire roster of Pokemon on rotation was more due to the mini series as opposed to Ash deciding on not making any new captures for the near future. Seeing Ash with fan favorites would get more hype, but seeing him capture some Pokemon off-screen would still show that he's having off-screen adventures and making progress. It's kind of like seeing traveling companions come back with new Pokemon or evolved Pokemon. Giving Ash Annihilape would basically function the same way as a brand new Pokemon would. People certainly wanted to see Ash get an Annihilape when it was revealed and despite its limited screentime, long time fans wanted Ash to get Primeape back, so it would be the best of both worlds in that regard.
To be fair, the only companion to get a new capture offs-screen was Misty with her Azurill. Everyone else had off-screen evolutions of pre-existing captures, which leads me to believe that the latter is more likely to happen with Ash if he ever returns.

Although this is all just a pipe dream because I highly doubt we're seeing Ash. Let Liko and Roy have their own story separate from what came before.
Well, first of all, there's no way to know either way if Ash is gonna be connected to Liko and Roy's stories or not. It's too early to tell either way.

Second of all, even if you're right and Ash returning is indeed a "pipe dream", that doesn't mean that we can't have fun speculating.

Although this is all just a pipe dream because I highly doubt we're seeing Ash. Let Liko and Roy have their own story separate from what came before.
I don't think Ash appearing for a few episodes would necessarily affect Liko and Roy having their own story. There's also no harm in speculating about Ash's potential return. You may think it's a pipe dream and that's fine, but trying to shut down any speculation about his return just seems rather excessive.

To be fair, the only companion to get a new capture offs-screen was Misty with her Azurill. Everyone else had off-screen evolutions of pre-existing captures, which leads me to believe that the latter is more likely to happen with Ash if he ever returns.
I could have sworn that there were other off-screen captures. Maybe I'm thinking of Brock's Comfey or some of the evolutions.

I could have sworn that there were other off-screen captures. Maybe I'm thinking of Brock's Comfey or some of the evolutions.
Well, Brock's Comfey actually happened on-screen, so it's a bit debatable as to if it counts. I do remember way back when that there was quite a bit of speculation about May returning with new captures in DPP, so maybe that's where the confusion stems from?

True... and he did want to catch that Clauncher cuz it had bonded with Corphish.

They can finally give Ash his Dunsparce and then have it evolve into Dudunsparce.

As much as I would love to see Ash return to the anime, I'm struggling to see it happening
I feel like Ash is far too marketable and iconic for him to never return to the anime in some capacity. I can't say it's necessarily guaranteed, when it will happen or what they'll do with him, but I do think that the chances of Ash never appearing again sound pretty implausible to me.

Anime has shown that evolution isn't mainly connected with training. We've had Pokemon evolve during their first major anime battles with barely any battling before (Mallow's Bounsweet).

I think Wattrel definitely evolves sometime later as most anime birbs do. Hatenna could go either way, but given her story of being worn down by strong emotion, I think she has room for development, which can result in evolving.

HZ really seems like they won't give the characters many Pokemon (even Friede has only two). The heavy focus on partner Pokemon is heavily affecting bigger teams.

Back
Top Bottom