• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you think any current Pokémon will have Evolutions or Preevolutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Do you think any current Pokemon will have Evolutions or Preevolutions?

While I don't want to see loads of old Pokemon getting formes/evos/prevos, I do want an alternate evolution for the Bellsprout line. It's always bugged me that its counterpart got one and it didn't.

I hope they finally make an evo for Pinsir pretty much every pokemon around it in the Pokedex has an evo or pre-evo

Hmm...I'll go through my list I have for the ones I think are most necessary or interesting (and add the names I came up with, because this was a little while ago and some of them are frankly hilarious now that I look back on them):

Rapidash --> Machariot (a pegasus - you know it'd rock)

Farfetch'd --> Bushiduk (kendou-styled, with a face mask)

Kanjoey --> Kangaskhan (everyone's thought of this one)

Jynx --> Divanity (if only because an even more ridiculous-looking evolution of Jynx would be hilarious)

Pinsir --> Mandibull (Bug/Dragon or Bug/Dark, based on a centipede or earwig)

Muu --> Tauros/Miltank (another one everyone's thought of, and would make a lot of sense)

Dunsparce --> Marronent --> Quetzatl (because I imagine such a godlike Aztec-looking final evo for Dunsparce, it needs an intermediary form)

Qwilfish --> Nidelfin (based on a lionfish, which would look amazing)

Octillery --> Krakannon (because I lovesd the name, and Octillery could use a boost)

Stantler --> Glaribou (kinda self-explanatory, a power boost)

Luvdisc --> Pashamour/Breacoeur (Water and Water/Dark, respectively, with the latter representing a broken heart; a power bost with a divergent twist, since Luvdisc doesn't have much to it at the moment)

Combee --> Vespiquen/Vespidron (Bug or Bug/Dark, an evolution for male Combee)

Pachirisu --> Pachimur (power boost to make it more useful)

Cherrim --> Sakuraph (Grass or Grass/Dragon; power boost, plus I love the name)

-------------

Feel free to mock as necessary.

I like Krakannon! And Jynx could use an Electivire/Magmortar type evo...

i want to see an evolution for
-sandslash
-jynx
-dophan
-shuckle
-more eevee

I'm not a fan of baby Pokemon, but if any of them deserve one it should be Khangeskhan. It's had that thing with it since Gen I.

There sure is going to be any evolution or preevolution of any current Pokemon. Let´s speculate what Pokemon could evolve or being evolve from.

Torkoal, Chatot, Pachirisu, Delibird, Farfetch´d to have evolutions.
Skarmory, Tropius, Tauros, Miltank to have pre-evolutions(Tauros and Miltank both sharing a common preevolution).

i love the Tauros-Miltank idea...

i also demand for a PINSIR evolution-since it is totally left out..

and an evolution for JYNX that would erase its bad image

and an evolution for JYNX that would erase its bad image

Good luck with that. The bad image is still going to sit around... for some reason.

Eh, I don't think Jynx can outrun the dumb controversy either, though I doubt anyone would make too much of a fuss as long as they were careful with the evolution's design - I've always imagined it as something like the fat opera singer with the horned helmet. XD

^That pretty much opens up the "Sound-type" discussion here. But That ain't a bad idea!

kanjoey needs to exist. We ALREADY know it exists.

While I do think that some of these ideas are quite cool (Dunsparce evolution particularly. It's one of my personal faves from GSC and a feathery snake would be awesome.) I really really really really really really hope that Nintendo pulls a total Gen III on all of us and does away with the Evos and Pre-vos entirely.

I'll fully admit that I'm biased, because Generation III is by far my favourite Gen of all time (OF ALL TIME!) but really...Sinnoh went fucking nuts on Evolutionary families. Giving us baby forms of Pokemon that were terrible to begin with? How many people honestly wet their pants over Chingling?

"OH HOT DAMN! LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BELL! IT'S SMALL AND CUTE AND HAS A FUCKING RIBBON ON IT'S FUCKING HEAD! BACK THIS PARTY VAN UP! I GOTTA CATCH THAT SHIT!!"

After reading some of the posts on this thread, I realized how very few Pokemon are left that have no Evolutionary ties. Frankly, I think it would be better if it stayed that way. Not everything needs to have uber leet evolutions.

Is Farfetch'd terrible? Absolutely. But if we give every single Pokemon that exists a new evolution just to power it up, then it's going too far. Maybe some just need to stay the way they are to prevent total and utter mind-bending chaos to ensue.

I've got my fingers crossed for the Generation III treatment.

But feel free to disagree. This is just my personal view.

Though I really do think that "Babykhan" will stay in that pouch forever.

Um, Kayde? Wynaut?

Um, Kayde? Wynaut?

Also Azurill.

But my point is, despite those two prevos, RSE is generally accepted as the Pokedex's original "Total Reboot."

And I'm hoping for the same thing for Gen V. Maybe the sheer volume of Evolutionary families in DPPt soured me on the concept, so if new Evolutions are introduced and they don't hit the FAIL button quite as hard as Probopass..........I can probably be okay with it.

While I do think that some of these ideas are quite cool (Dunsparce evolution particularly. It's one of my personal faves from GSC and a feathery snake would be awesome.) I really really really really really really hope that Nintendo pulls a total Gen III on all of us and does away with the Evos and Pre-vos entirely.

I'll fully admit that I'm biased, because Generation III is by far my favourite Gen of all time (OF ALL TIME!) but really...Sinnoh went fucking nuts on Evolutionary families. Giving us baby forms of Pokemon that were terrible to begin with? How many people honestly wet their pants over Chingling?

"OH HOT DAMN! LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BELL! IT'S SMALL AND CUTE AND HAS A FUCKING RIBBON ON IT'S FUCKING HEAD! BACK THIS PARTY VAN UP! I GOTTA CATCH THAT SHIT!!"

After reading some of the posts on this thread, I realized how very few Pokemon are left that have no Evolutionary ties. Frankly, I think it would be better if it stayed that way. Not everything needs to have uber leet evolutions.

Is Farfetch'd terrible? Absolutely. But if we give every single Pokemon that exists a new evolution just to power it up, then it's going too far. Maybe some just need to stay the way they are to prevent total and utter mind-bending chaos to ensue.

I've got my fingers crossed for the Generation III treatment.

But feel free to disagree. This is just my personal view.

Though I really do think that "Babykhan" will stay in that pouch forever.

Farfetch'd is terrible on purpose. It's a gag. You trade a spearow for a farfetch'd in the game and farfetch'd is worse. Same goes for luvdisk. It's a pokemon shaped like a heart. It's not supposed to be strong. As for the cute babies, they're there because we need cutes each gen.

Also Azurill.

But my point is, despite those two prevos, RSE is generally accepted as the Pokedex's original "Total Reboot."

And I'm hoping for the same thing for Gen V. Maybe the sheer volume of Evolutionary families in DPPt soured me on the concept, so if new Evolutions are introduced and they don't hit the FAIL button quite as hard as Probopass..........I can probably be okay with it.

Shiny probopass looks like mario, PLUS it was a needed evo. Probopass is a solid UU.

Probopass is a solid UU.

Well...I was pretty much talking designwise.

Farfetch'd is terrible on purpose. It's a gag. You trade a spearow for a farfetch'd in the game and farfetch'd is worse.

That's....exactly the point I was making. Everyone and their mom is hopping onto this thread and saying that Farfetch'd needs an evolution. I said that it didn't.

Pre Evolution's:
.Lickitung(it would be so cute),
.Miltank/Tauros,
.Sneasel.

For some reason I don't think Pachirisu will get an evolution, sometimes I think it will, other times I don't.
Also to one of the comments back, Baby Pokemon are needed, they are marketable and are always so cute^^
To the person who said Red Raichu http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Honoguma
That's what you mean I assume, Cyndaquil is cute but I always thought Honoguma was a little cuter, I love the idea of a Flame Bear^^

And yet, it got two evolutions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom