• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Kanto: The Major Changes

Reaction score
In the latest video of HGSS trailer we've seen a bit of Kanto (Route 1, Pallet Town), and they looked awesome.

Now that we've seen a glimpse of Kanto, what do you want to see in Kanto?

Maybe it's something new, like a redesign of the Cinnabar Volcano.
or something old, like the Trainer House.

and have your say when the newer videos shows more about Kanto (who knows, the Sevii islands may make return).

After seeing Pallet Town I'm just hoping they consistently updated the entire region and made it look as good, which is looking to be the case. I don't want things redesigned per se, just updated, though I wouldn't mind if they "redesigned" some sections. I'm also hoping we get a full region, not a half-assed version like GSC. And hopefully the Gym Leaders aren't another 8 extremely easy, under-leveled battles like before.

Another one. Eh...

As I stated countless times before, I hope that HGSS Kanto stays graphically faithful to FR/LG one, but featurally it should be improved GSC Kanto.

Now I'll be really mad if they bring back Fuchsia Safari Zone. They didn't build one in Johto to return the Kanto one. But I think it isn't happening. They put Johto Safari Zone in order to leave Fuchsia one closed or change it into something else.

As for Pal Park idea. If they indeed do that, I at least hope that they have good excuse for that. But I don't think that they'll do that. Renewed Time Capsule sounds much more viable for a back-connectivity device (considering that HGSS IS going to feature one).

I don't believe in Sevii anymore. We would know about them already, I think. We've got enough landmass with Johto and Kanto already. Also, HGSS Sevii would be tertiary region and it wouldn't make the game much better.

I hope for more coverage for Kanto, also. They made a really big error by hiding the existence of Kanto in GSC 10 years ago. Because of that, it never got enough love. Now, it's a chance for Neo-Kanto to shine and for the Leaders to get new artworks.

- Gym Leaders need improvement. And with that I mean higher levels. Also trainers and wild Pokémon need to be at least level 50-55.

- A volcano at Cinnabar Island would be really cool, with great graphics like Stark Mountain in Platinum (from the outside). On the inside, a dark rocky maze with narrow passages and lava. Strong wild Pokémon (Magmar, Rhydon, Magcargo...) but no trainers. At the end of the maze, a room where Blaine is and he will battle you (see Anime). Blue should also be inside somewhere at a hard-to-find place and go back to Viridian after you've talked to him.

- Viridian Forest at full size or even larger.

- Mount Moon: full size, of course keeping the open place with the shop and dancing Clefairy.

- Victory Road should be longer and should have trainers.

- Trainers in Rock Tunnel.

- As Blaine will be in the Cinnabar Volcano, Seafoam Islands should be at full size with a new maze.

High levels on wild pokémon doesn't make much sense to me. So wild pokémon on route 1 is going to be in level 40? That wouldn't make much sense. That trainers have high-leveled pokés, alright. Still, I doubt Route 1 has level 40 Pidgeys. Doesn't make sense just because your pokémon are high-leveled does it?

High levels on wild pokémon doesn't make much sense to me. So wild pokémon on route 1 is going to be in level 40? That wouldn't make much sense. That trainers have high-leveled pokés, alright. Still, I doubt Route 1 has level 40 Pidgeys. Doesn't make sense just because your pokémon are high-leveled does it?

No, it doesn't. Not on Route 1. I meant to say: Trainers should have Pokémon on levels 50-60. Wild Pokémon can be at any level, I don't care about that. Maybe just a little higher at some places.

- Mount Moon: full size, of course keeping the open place with the shop and dancing Clefairy.

I don't get why so many people are screaming for Mt. Moon. It's just yet another cave, it has nothing special inside and I really don't want to get through it just to go to a souvenir shop.

This dungeon is now completely useless. What would be so cool about restoring it? It'd just prolong the game (though not neccessarily, as it wasn't even obligatory. If you didn't want to watch Clefairy Dance, then you might not).

Mt. Moon is now a really poor excuse for a cave.

- As Blaine will be in the Cinnabar Volcano, Seafoam Islands should be at full size with a new maze.

I think Blaine should stay in Seafoam and Cinnabar Volcano should be the maze. It's not the Anime, a Gym inside the Volcano wouldn't work.

There is no excuse for Seafoam anymore, other than useless RGBYFRLG nostalgia. I doubt that it's the place where Kyogre will reside.

Whatever, I was just suggesting.

If a Gym can be in a cave, it can be in a volcano too. This isn't madness.
THIS. IS. POKÉMON!

Maxim doesn't like it when you suggest new ideas, he wants HGSS to be exactly the same as GSC.

The gym could be underground for fucks sake it won't matter. But if on seafoam I can see a cave puzzle. hell I can see a puzzle for everything now.

Maxim doesn't like it when you suggest new ideas, he wants HGSS to be exactly the same as GSC.

I also want it to be the same as GSC, as far as Johto is concerned. But Kanto was too small, it needs to be improved IMO.
What happened to half of your username anyway?

And yay for puzzles.

I think that the levels should be based around the levels in Johto. Some of the pokemon in Kanto's beginning routes should be similar in level to some of the pokemon in Johto's beginning routes. But since Kanto is now 3 years older, and it comes after Johto, the levels should be somewhere from 5-15 levels higher IMO. Then some of Kanto's highest-leveled wild pokemon could be from levels 50-70, with the lowest being somewhere from 5-15.

But I dunno. I'm sure they'll fix the levels up and everything.

And I on Mt. Moon, I think that they don't need to make a full cave out of it. They should keep it as it was, since it made Mt. Moon unique. If anything, they should expand on the concept of Mt Moon square by adding new shops or something. But it shouldn't become another cave IMO.

I think that the levels should be based around the levels in Johto. Some of the pokemon in Kanto's beginning routes should be similar in level to some of the pokemon in Johto's beginning routes. But since Kanto is now 3 years older, and it comes after Johto, the levels should be somewhere from 5-15 levels higher IMO. Then some of Kanto's highest-leveled wild pokemon could be from levels 50-70, with the lowest being somewhere from 5-15.

Not a bad idea.

I want the Sevii Islands to return, because a whole group of islands don't just mysteriously vanish..

Oh wait this is Pokeyman D8

I want the Sevii Islands to return, because a whole group of islands don't just mysteriously vanish..

They won't "vanish mysteriously". They'll just be unavailable to visit. They're not that close to Kanto, anyway.

They wouldn't vanish, you just won't have access to travel there. Sevii was never part of Kanto proper. While I would love the addition, I have doubts that they are included.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom