• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Next generation

What do want to happen?

• Total voters

Lulu halulu

Reaction score
In the next generation of Pokemon what do think will change and what do you want to change?

I personally would love it if Dawn left to go travel in Hoenn or Kanto or something and Ash and Brock continue traveling in some other region with some new girl. I think if May (and Drew and Harley) just happen to be traveling in that region also would be good. Of course May wouldn't be traveling with Ash and Brock but they would meet up every so often.

What do you think?

P.S. If this thread has already been done, tell me and I will close it.

I want Yellow (under a new name like Ash, of course) to come to the anime. That'll be awesome.

As I stated meny times before, I want Ash and Dawn will stay and Brock will be replace with next gen boy.
Realistically though, I am affraid Brock will stay and Dawn will be replace with another Coordinator who will turn out to be even worse handled then Dawn is now.

For next generation what i would like to happen:
As i said many times before,for next generation in my opinion the best thing would be to bring some older character back to continue further development with him,instead of same all girl replacing with new coordinator every new region,leaving older character with their stories unfinished/behind in dust).
If you ask me that character should be Misty.She is a great character who had the best chemistry with group in my opinion and her return would bring better interaction between characters,bringing something new to table along with breeze of fresh air.
Considering how her story is unfinished(not knowing enough about her and her goal never being explored enough),and how there is stored lot of never used potential bringing her back with purpose to advance her dream of becoming water master through,perhaps chain of organized events connected with water(considering how gym isnt nearly enough),would be good idea.

What will probably happen(its quite predictable):Ash will leave all his pokemon except Pikachu(of course) at Oaks place,heading for a new region.Along the way he will meet another female doing contests(how original)who replaced Dawn,along with Brock tagging along and the never ending cycle of repetitiveness will continue.

^ Sheesh. Does this guy only ever talk about Misty, or do I just enter threads at the wrong time? :/

Anyways; I'd like to see older pokemon used. Not necessarily with, say, Ash leaving a 6th slot open for most of the series, but just rotate single pokemon once in a while for certain battles. Even though the show is always going to make a point of advertising the new guys first, there's always a batch of episodes, filler or otherwise, loaded with oldies, often for no apparent reason. Hello Elektrike. I don't see why that couldn't be carried over to main cast members once in a while, especially if they happen to have an old poke that appears in a current gen game in reserve.
Or hell. Get two new guys and switch 'em out for each other every so often. I guess you could argue that they'd suffer in the personallity department, but lets face it; a couple of pokemon always get screwed anyway.

Also, if there has to be an evil team...man. At least have them appear more often. People seem to adore the Galactic episodes, but damn, for all the praise they receive, there sure as hell haven't been that many appearances. Same goes for J who, lets face it, hasn't really made much of a contribution in the long run, even if she did try to burn Ash alive.

What will happen? - the same old spiel.
What do I want to happen? - pretty much just that :p Whaaat? I like the show!!

I would appreciate more humour however, and more frequent evil team appearances. Oh, and more TR eps, of course ;-) But I'm not ungrateful for the current amount they recieve. If it stays like that, I'd be happy.

What I would like to see the past mixed in with the new. Yes, I would like to see a new person, because it's almost tradition to change someone out for every region.

I also think that old pokémon should make reappearances. Seems like there are very few episodes (aside from battle frontier) that we actually see pokémon from the original 150. Of course, I could just be missing them.

Final thoughts? The "new team with a new evil goal every region" is getting old. I want to see Team Rocket (aside from Jessie and James, I mean the group itself, Giovanni and all them) appear again.

What do I think will happen? Opposite of what I have said here.

What will happen? - the same old spiel.
What do I want to happen? - pretty much just that :p Whaaat? I like the show!!

I would appreciate more humour however, and more frequent evil team appearances. Oh, and more TR eps, of course ;-) But I'm not ungrateful for the current amount they recieve. If it stays like that, I'd be happy.

QFT...

I want more appearances of older characters but logic say otherwise...

Maybe they could replace Brock with Tracey! It will be like the old days. Too bad that will never happen. :-(

^ Sheesh. Does this guy only ever talk about Misty, or do I just enter threads at the wrong time? :/

The topic said that they can state what they wish to happen the next Generation, so he can say what he thinks, even IF it's about Misty.

Anyways; I'd like to see older pokemon used. Not necessarily with, say, Ash leaving a 6th slot open for most of the series, but just rotate single pokemon once in a while for certain battles. Even though the show is always going to make a point of advertising the new guys first, there's always a batch of episodes, filler or otherwise, loaded with oldies, often for no apparent reason. Hello Elektrike. I don't see why that couldn't be carried over to main cast members once in a while, especially if they happen to have an old poke that appears in a current gen game in reserve.

You do have a point. If they truly desired to focus on the newies first and foremost, they really shouldn't try to have even filler episodes loaded with oldies, either. So either they should basically keep the show completely focused on the newies (meaning, absolutely everything in the Anime, be it Main Cast's Pokemon, PotD/CotD's pokemon, or even pokemon in the background, should be about the new Pokemon, and the Old Pokemon shouldn't exist) or they try and include some switcharounds this time around with old Pokemon.

Or hell. Get two new guys and switch 'em out for each other every so often. I guess you could argue that they'd suffer in the personallity department, but lets face it; a couple of pokemon always get screwed anyway.

Yeah, I mean, Glalie was a perfect example of wasted potential (I mean, ultimately, it was nothing more than the AG version of Kingler or Muk).

Also, if there has to be an evil team...man. At least have them appear more often. People seem to adore the Galactic episodes, but damn, for all the praise they receive, there sure as hell haven't been that many appearances. Same goes for J who, lets face it, hasn't really made much of a contribution in the long run, even if she did try to burn Ash alive.

...and have a Drapion tear him apart, and throw him out of a ship at high altitude.

And anyways, you do have a point. Yes, I know that JJM are the antagonists, but then again, considering what they're like now, they're basically like Roger Evans (For those of you who don't know who he is, watch "Sister, Sister"), meaning, more of a pest than an actual villain. I mean, at least have the other villains (if not the resident evil Team, then definitely the Team Rocket Organization) be given more appearances, I mean, it won't kill the writers or the target audience to have evil villains who actually pose a threat on the show. I mean, Disney Films (Classic Masterpieces, not sequels or any of the more recent movies) had the villains act in such a way that they were definitely evil and a threat, but still maintain the interests of the target audience. Gargoyles is another example, as well as Beast Wars, and Bruce Timm's Batman series.

Just because it's a kids show does NOT mean that they should act as though the villains have to act unvillainous and campy. I mean, was Ursula "campy"? Was Gaston "campy"? Was Maleficent "Campy"? was Gaston "Campy"? Was Jafar "Campy"? Was BTAS's Joker "Campy"? No! If the people responsible for creating these characters can make them villainous and appealing to the target audience at the very same time, then the Pokemon Writers can as well.

As for my thoughts on what I want, Basically a mixture of Pokemon Fan 132 and Grave-E's beliefs on what they want to happen. What will happen (assuming that they DO, indeed make a Generation 5, which so far, aside from one interview with Satoshi Tajiri, has no hints of happening, which doesn't sound good at all) is probably what they do all the time (Then again, they did have Aipom come over to Sinnoh, so they could try and make things even more different than the last [like Brock leaving for good, or having Misty return.].)

Last edited:
For once he was not throw out of the ship he was drop from the ship, and some of the fans got to damn carry away with what happen in the episode and making it seem so goddamn serious when its not.Also some of the fans got way to out of control with the Hunter J being evil when she was already like that in the first episode she was in and making her seem like a significant villain when she not and getting carry away with the whole killing thing in the Riolu episode which did not even make anything clear about Hunter j wanted to kill Ash if anything there's love and hate between them,but some of the fans don't want to admit it because they don't want to be wrong.

Ash should hear about how Gary was researching in 5th gen place, left all his pokemon but Pikachu behind (or maybe have Gliscor pull an Aipom). Hey Team Rocket has to come too, if Pikachu is there they want him, they will make a lame excuse like starting a 5th gen TR. Brock should conveniently show up some way. Pikachu should roast 5th gen girl's bike, so she will tag along. Clearly she should be another coordinator who likes cute Pokemon.

Wouldn't it be awsome if they did it like that? Oh wait...

I'd rather have Dawn stay as the contest rep, and have a new girl come in as something else (new 5th gen quest).

I personally prefer 5th Gen dirl to be Ash's rival this time, because Ash definitely needs to finaly have female rival. That would be awsome.

well, a new female rival for Ash would most certainly be a twist and unexpected (by the majority, I mean).

I still think that Dawn will end up leaving after this. If the whole Pokethlon ends up becoming the replacement to Pokemon Contests, then that means they'll end up chucking Contests out as well (Contests, unlike Gyms, are ultimately unimportant, and only sidequests and not part of the main story. You could go through the game without doing any contests, and it won't impact the plot.).

Plus, assuming that they only have one character of each gender to select from, then they will end up having to bring back an old character to the main cast, and if we have the Female playable character be the rival, it would have to be a previous Female Lead, and seeing how May, and most likely Dawn will end up coming full circle in terms of development by that time, the only one left will be Misty. As for who would do the promotion of the next gen besides the Pokemon [which, personally, is more than enough], they'll also have the boy trainer come into the fray, assuming Brock leaves. If not, well, the 5th Generation cast is at least good enough advertisement appeal, anyways.

I would like to see an actual climactic big fight with Team Rocket (the real team rocket not just the usual three), they just kinda faded away.

I would like a season that is reminecent of what i hear the manga does. There should be a traveling challenge where old and new characters face great odds to fight an ultimate antagonist. If team rocket was to be this big enemy, the trio (Jessie, James and Meowth) would help team rocket with most things but their hearts will eventually get them to fight against the evil team rocket in the final showdown. Possibly to keep them as funny team rocket trio for further seasons, Giovanni could have been overthrown by some bigger sinister antagonist and therefore James and Co. wouldn't have much of a problem turning on the new team rocket and can go back to being loyal lackeys in no time.

Either way they need to bring back more old characters, use some old pokemon and tie in a bigger story than say just gyms with a FEW bad-guy episodes

Last edited:
Fourthed for a Female Rival!

Doesn't matter if it's an anime original character or not, but I would prefer it was a game character. It's more likely if the rival in the games is a girl or we're able to choose the genders of our rival.

Fourthed for a Female Rival!

Doesn't matter if it's an anime original character or not, but I would prefer it was a game character. It's more likely if the rival in the games is a girl or we're able to choose the genders of our rival.

Fifthed. I wonder if Leaf/Blue and Yellow will ever make an appearance, they're the only game/manga girls who haven't appeared in the anime yet...

I would like to see an actual climactic big fight with Team Rocket (the real team rocket not just the usual three), they just kinda faded away... Either way they need to bring back more old characters, use some old pokemon and tie in a bigger story than say just gyms with a FEW bad-guy episodes

Yeah, I kinda hope for this too. Unfortunately, we rarely see the older Pokémon in use anymore.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom