• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Kanto: The Major Changes

Well, yeah. But I liked how for example Jynx is virtually non-existant in kanto, and wild in Johto. :) made me happy.

Makes you think maybe some Pokemon aren't native to Kanto at all. Just because they were introduced first doesn't mean they are indigenous to that region, which is what I told people when they acted like it was blasphemy that Kanto Pokemon were in Johto.

Makes you think maybe some Pokemon aren't native to Kanto at all. Just because they were introduced first doesn't mean they are indigenous to that region, which is what I told people when they acted like it was blasphemy that Kanto Pokemon were in Johto.

Well, yeah. Jynx can't be found anywhere in Kanto, even the Seviis. Which is why having Larvitar, Houndour in Kanto actually makes sense in a way.
I'd rather they were in Johto, though, if only in the Safari.

thats

That is a good point Wiggytuff, a theory I have had for some time now is that the Unown were fist discovered by Red/Leaf in the Tanoby Chambers, I mean sure we fist found out about them in G/S/C, but time line wise they were already known about, perhapes In HG/SS the Reseacher may say about two years ago I was exploring the ruins in the Sevii Islands, Now then the Arceus event in HG/SS confirmed my theory that the Unown are really native to Sinoh!

~Charles Legend

Was Jynx catchable on Seafoam Island in Japanese Blue? Nobody seems to have any data for Pokémon locations in Blue, but I do know that Pokémon previously only available in trades could be found wild in Blue. Lickitung, for example, was catchable in Rock Tunnel.

Farfetch'd is another Gen I Pokémon not found in the wild in Kanto. Also, the only games to feature any of the Starters in the wild is the Ranger series.

It's very simple what they could use Sevii Islands for. As mentioned before, Hoenn pokes. Everyone remember Houndour being there? What if Sevii Islands existed as a way of getting Johto Pokes you otherwise wouldn't be able to get until Kanto? They could even overhaul a few areas like they did to Kanto. =P

It's very simple what they could use Sevii Islands for. As mentioned before, Hoenn pokes. Everyone remember Houndour being there? What if Sevii Islands existed as a way of getting Johto Pokes you otherwise wouldn't be able to get until Kanto? They could even overhaul a few areas like they did to Kanto. =P

You say UNTIL kanto, but surely you'd be going to the Sevii's at the same time, or after, Kanto?

Contests would add something new to Johto, numbskull.
You don't have contests in Johto, now do you?

You're assuming that if there are contests that it would end up in Johto.

Kanto and Johto are the same landmass.

Realistically, I don't think the distance between Kanto and the islands is any greater than between Olivine and Vermilion. But then again it's a video game so realism don't count.

But if they don't appear in the game so be it. I just don't think there is much excuse to leave them out, even if they are technically useless, so are most features in a Pokemon game.

I'd prefer not to have any drastic changes made. A nice visual update and maybe some minor level tweaks would be great.

Though I'd be in favor of contests in Celadon City, seems like a good place for them.

Well, my guess is that the Pokéthlon mini-games are our new "contests" but if the old format does return (which I can see happening) then it'd probably be in Kanto, yeah. Celadon or Saffron would be decent places.

That works the other way around too. People have been complaining about how some "Johto Pokemon" could only be found in Kanto, such as Houndour and Murkrow. Well, who's to say that pokemon introduced in Gen 2 have to be indigenous to Johto? After all, night and thus nocturnal pokemon weren't introduced until Gen 2, so it makes sense that these Kanto-native pokemon couldn't be found in Gen 1.

That works the other way around too. People have been complaining about how some "Johto Pokemon" could only be found in Kanto, such as Houndour and Murkrow. Well, who's to say that pokemon introduced in Gen 2 have to be indigenous to Johto? After all, night and thus nocturnal pokemon weren't introduced until Gen 2, so it makes sense that these Kanto-native pokemon couldn't be found in Gen 1.

I like this idea.
It's mentioned how pokemon like Kangaskhan and Scyther were 'brought in' to the Kanto Safari Zone, so having Murkrow, Houndour, Slugma etc in the Johto one would make sense without having to retcon.
Assuming Game Freak look that deep....

i think kanto should stay the same, though it doesn't really matter im stoked for HG/SS

Anyone else hope the Pewter Museum of Science re-opens? It's a pretty minor thing in RBYFRLG - it adds nearly nothing to the game, except for the Old Amber in the back and the Move Tutor in Gen III. However, it was cool for the 5 minutes I spent in it, looking at space rocks and fossils. xD

Hmm, I wouldn't mind it reopening. It's not like it has any reason to stay closed.

Be nice to have it re-open if only for some way to have fossils in the game. Since Cinnabar was wrecked, the scientists there could have moved there to conduct their work. Seems logical enough.

Hmm, I wouldn't mind it reopening. It's not like it has any reason to stay closed.

What about the Johto Safari Zone... if it looks like that, who is to say they won't just use that to obtain pokemon and mix up what pokemon you find after obtaining national dex.

Maybe if the Kanto safari zone was reopened, it could contain Gen III pokemon? Be a way of obtaining them because even if you can transfer them via GBA games, there is always a way of at least obtaining some in game.

Anyone else hope the Pewter Museum of Science re-opens? It's a pretty minor thing in RBYFRLG - it adds nearly nothing to the game, except for the Old Amber in the back and the Move Tutor in Gen III. However, it was cool for the 5 minutes I spent in it, looking at space rocks and fossils. xD

I do really... if we have fossils like cranidos, Lileep or sheildon somehow in game, be a place to revive them, but more useful now than it was in FR/LG. Is there anywhere in Johto that revives fossils?

I do really... if we have fossils like cranidos, Lileep or sheildon somehow in game, be a place to revive them, but more useful now than it was in FR/LG. Is there anywhere in Johto that revives fossils?

Unless something was added (and it might have been) no. But the museum of science... now that's an idea.

Here's something no one's brought up yet.

Kanto Radio Tower

Silph Co.

Open or not?

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom