• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Kanto: The Major Changes

I'd love the Pewter Museum to be open, its a nice distraction from the rest of the game.

Kanto's radio tower I'm wondering about, really, because what can they do with it they couldnt do in Johto? It did annoy me how in GSC you couldnt go in there, though.
Regarding Mt. Moon, I liked how it was smaller, but what about the square? I liked that place, and think they could improve it a lot.

anyone remember that square of land that has been getting trampled my a machop in vermilion city for a little over ten years now? i want there to be a building there. i dont even care what it is.

anyone remember that square of land that has been getting trampled my a machop in vermilion city for a little over ten years now? i want there to be a building there. i dont even care what it is.

Was that in RGB or GSC? I always though he gave up on it because he had no money/materials to actually build the house

If my memory serves me right, the Machop till tramples the land in GSC too. I always wanted to help the guy, he's after all been homeless in three years now. Still, since I'm really a meanie, the guy should still lack the money to actually build it.

Your memory is correct. The guy is still there and there is no building. Come on GF, give the guy a home.

I still can't understand why the Pokemon Tower was converted into a radio tower. That's like turning a graveyard into a Super Walmart.

Not many people in the Pokémon world must care about dead Pokémon too much... Then again, we've never seen human cemetaries in the games... I'm willing to guess that they converted the tower because it's the tallest building closest to the Power Plant... Of course, we'll never know a "why".

As for it's use, they could have a radio program that would allow you to win evolution stones or fossils and such so that would knock out the need for an Underground type feature. Assuming you'd have the National Dex by the time you reach Lavender Town.

Your memory is correct. The guy is still there and there is no building. Come on GF, give the guy a home.

Ya! That always bothered me so much!
When I played Yellow I thought there'd be something I had to help him with, but no, just a random guy using a Machop to prepare for a house.

And the first thought I had when I got Gold was Yes! I can finally see that guy with his new house!
I don't care it it's a retcon! It must be done!
You should at least be able to help him in the after Elite Four end game!
And if they can't do that, at least make it so that his Machop has evolved into a Machamp!

But it'll be a retcon (he says that he still has no money to start). Of course, a minor one, but still one...

They could avoid having it be a retcon if he's still there like normal when you first get over there, but after some certain event in the story he gets enough money and builds his house.

I don't see any issue with retconning the guy a house. It's not vital to the story at all. They can say his Machop evolved and since it had so much experience from punching the group or whatever, that they earned money from winning battles.

I have a better response to that guys house issue. I think that late game or post game you should have the option to buy out the land to build your place. And it be the villa or secret base equivalent to the game.

I have a better response to that guys house issue. I think that late game or post game you should have the option to buy out the land to build your place. And it be the villa or secret base equivalent to the game.

That'd be a good idea, but it should be something like... The old man finally built it, but didn't end up needing it because... Something something other place to live something, and he sells it (gives it?) to you.

Not many people in the Pokémon world must care about dead Pokémon too much... Then again, we've never seen human cemetaries in the games... I'm willing to guess that they converted the tower because it's the tallest building closest to the Power Plant... Of course, we'll never know a "why".

As for it's use, they could have a radio program that would allow you to win evolution stones or fossils and such so that would knock out the need for an Underground type feature. Assuming you'd have the National Dex by the time you reach Lavender Town.

It could be they got tired of all the Ghost-type Pokemon. But really, that's all Lavender Town was known for.

I don't really get why some people still bitch about Radio Tower.

Do you really want that Ghost Tower back?

I think that would suck majorly if that part of the story was retconned. It would make no sense. They'd better expand the Radio Tower, rather than axing it.

I don't really get why some people still bitch about Radio Tower.

Do you really want that Ghost Tower back?

I think that would suck majorly if that part of the story was retconned. It would make no sense. They'd better expand the Radio Tower, rather than axing it.

I agree.

What's so great about the Pokemon Tower anyway? You can get yourself a Ghastly as early as Violet City's Sprout Tower, so it's not like they're preventing you from obtaining certain Pokemon and other than that, it would just be another pointless maze. I don't really understand why people want this (as well as an expanded Mt. Moon) back so badly.

The only things I think they should really retcon about Kanto are that Pewter City's Museum should open (after you're done with the Kanto journey) and an expanded TR plot. Everything else is fine as it is.

That'd be a good idea, but it should be something like... The old man finally built it, but didn't end up needing it because... Something something other place to live something, and he sells it (gives it?) to you.
Why would you spend 3 years (possibly more) building a house only to not live in it? And then since you don't want it anymore, you give it to some random kid no older than 10? For nothing?

Just sayin'.

But if it worked like the Villa, that'd be nice. I'd much rather live in Vermilion than in the Resort Area.

I still think he should have built the house in HGSS because he used his Machop to earn money from battles.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom