• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden opens its Trade Center: New service allows safer trading

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Bulbagarden Opens Trade Center: New service to facilitate trades over wi-fi

Bulbagarden Opens Trade Center: New service to facilitate trades over wi-fi

Bulbagarden announces the creation of a Trade Center to more easily facilitate trades between users over the DS Wi-Fi connection.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Bulbagarden Opens Trade Center: New service to facilitate trades over wi-fi

Better be careful around any arabs. Some of them might not like this! It receives a welcome from myself regardless, however. Very helpful, though I can see it getting buried with requests for the same things. Better the one place than one overcrowded topic, though! ...I think.

I like how this one is done, and its perfectly suited for bmgf's size. Now if only HGSS could use the advance settings in the DSi wifi ):

Better be careful around any arabs. Some of them might not like this!

Right, because Arabs don't want kids trading pokemon.

This should be pretty useful.

Bulbagarden announces the creation of a Trade Center to more easily facilitate trades between users over Wi-Fi.

Read more on Bulbanews

Bulbagarden announces the creation of a Trade Center to more easily facilitate trades between users over Wi-Fi.

Read more on Bulbanews

That's great news!!! I will be happy to trade pokemon via wifi here, as soon as my ds can have access to the internet (I need to have a wireless router first...:banghead:)!!!

So instead of a single thread for trading, which would have worked, you created an entire Board for it?

Things were only getting lost if a trade could not be made. Although the organization is helpful, would it not be better to set up threads for each evolutionary line as to minimize the number of threads made requesting for Pokemon X?

We thought for quite a while about a system like that but decided it lacked the flexibility of make your own thread. Plus, there's less work for us; we don't need to create and manage about 200 threads on our own under this system.

Things were only getting lost if a trade could not be made. Although the organization is helpful, would it not be better to set up threads for each evolutionary line as to minimize the number of threads made requesting for Pokemon X?

Well, people used that trade thread as a chat room to arrange it rather than taking it to PMs, and trades get lost that way. Having a single Pokemon per thread would probably only result in the same thing. Besides, bmgf isn't as busy as Serebii, so this type of organization works.

I'm wondering though, would really old "Want/Offer" threads get deleted after awhile?

Are we a newspaper now?
Meaning? The site can't post news on major additions to its own site? Bulbagarden doesn't have a "main site" for this kind of stuff, so why not Bulbanews? I doubt places like Serebii get these kinds of comments from notifying users of the launch of Poke-earth or a Wifi trade chat room >_>

And this is a good way of getting feed back on what people think about the current system.

Besides, the news gets posted on Bulbapedia as well, so it reaches users who don't use the forum much.

I think it would be good to encourage users to delete threads once the trades have completed.

I don't understand your negativity. The old thread was... 515 pages long. Many people repeatedly posted their wants and haves, because they got lost dozens of pages ago and no one wants to sort back that far.

What's wrong with creating a subforum? What problems does it cause?

At least someone gets my wit. :(

I got it because its almost 9/11, I just thought it was kind f lame :p

Oh how I wish that HGSS coud use the DSi's advanced settings, but at this point, I doubt it. Oh well, theres always Gen V ;_;

I got it because its almost 9/11, I just thought it was kind f lame :p

Really though, looking at it recently, I'm shocked they haven't renamed it in the games; they banned the one episode of the show that gave off similar vibes, so why not rename something that's arguably even worse? But hey, that's another topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom