• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are the chances of Kanto being in Generation 5?

I don't know. I presume that Generation 5 will follow the same pattern as Generation 4, with three new games and probably remakes of Ruby & Sapphire. Kanto, however, has nothing to do with Ruby & Sapphire, so unless Kanto is somehow in the new Gen 5 games, I don't think we'll see Kanto.

I'm not so sure about a r/s/e remake. Not everything has to work in a pattern (this is assuming GF has the balls to do something new and original instead of following a formula).

What I do think could happen is they might find some way to reincorporate Hoenn into the new Gen V games, such as actually making it the setting for Gen V only 5 or so years have passed and some new pokemon has caused some kind of catastrophe that caused the island to split in half.

Im not saying I want that to happen particularly but I'm just pointing that GF could find a new way to revisit Hoenn without actually remaking r/s/e.

Again, this is assuming GF has BALLS.

I'm not so sure about a r/s/e remake. Not everything has to work in a pattern (this is assuming GF has the balls to do something new and original instead of following a formula).

What I do think could happen is they might find some way to reincorporate Hoenn into the new Gen V games, such as actually making it the setting for Gen V only 5 or so years have passed and some new pokemon has caused some kind of catastrophe that caused the island to split in half.

Im not saying I want that to happen particularly but I'm just pointing that GF could find a new way to revisit Hoenn without actually remaking r/s/e.

Again, this is assuming GF has BALLS.

Thats true, they can bring back regions without bringing back the actual games...

Likely.

Either it will be in the new series, RSE remakes, or FRLG remakes. Take your pick.

complaining about something you haven't played yet. Smart. Really wins over those points in a debate.

The fact of the matter is that at the time, people were happy to be back in Kanto. Sure in hindsight it wasn't anything special, but then again, those were the early days of pokemon, when not even half of Emerald would have been able to fit into a Silver cartridge.

And it's a sure bet that Kanto will be changed. Have you even watched the trailers? Have you even been following the leaks?

And 20 minutes? Come on, if your going to bash something in a video game at least be realistic.

Actually if you paid any attention at all i was talking about the original GS for the most part then I made specific point in claiming that I Havn't played the new ones.

No i don't follow every pathetic "leak" out there but since it is a remake i doubt much more than the graphics will change for a secondary part of the game. If there is such big changes to kanto from GS why didn't you mention even 1?

20 minutes is totally realistic when my pokemon were knocking out gym leaders in one shot, I had a bike surfing and such and with big chunks of orginal kanto missing like power plant, lavender tower, Silph Co problems, Cinnabar mansion being gone. Admittedly thay wasn'y EVERY trainer but to complete every LITTLE thing about GS kanto would take 40 minutes max... maybe...

Actually if you paid any attention at all i was talking about the original GS for the most part then I made specific point in claiming that I Havn't played the new ones.

No i don't follow every pathetic "leak" out there but since it is a remake i doubt much more than the graphics will change for a secondary part of the game. If there is such big changes to kanto from GS why didn't you mention even 1?

20 minutes is totally realistic when my pokemon were knocking out gym leaders in one shot, I had a bike surfing and such and with big chunks of orginal kanto missing like power plant, lavender tower, Silph Co problems, Cinnabar mansion being gone. Admittedly thay wasn'y EVERY trainer but to complete every LITTLE thing about GS kanto would take 40 minutes max... maybe...

At the end there, you were saying it was pointless to put it into HGSS because it sucked 10 years ago. And now, I shall call you a troll.

Maybe we'll get lucky and GF will use Kanto as the region for there next games but it will have nothing to do with the events of FRLG or RGBY.

Unless they remake FR/LG I'd say slim to no chance. I don't think Game Freak would ever use the same region for for a whole new plot.

Unless they remake FR/LG I'd say slim to no chance. I don't think Game Freak would ever use the same region for for a whole new plot.

they could include it in R/S/E. They probably won't abandon the region they firstly created and they're so much in love with.

Well,hope not. If the region of Gen V is not near Johto/Kanto or Hoenn, I doubt we will see it. If Hoenn RS are remade for Gen V, unless its added to those remakes, I can't see it. It has only appeared because:

Gen I had Kanto (its the first region, so you can see why)
Gen II had Johto which was beside Kanto and they decided to add it for this reason

Gen III had remakes because 1, RG sold well when released and so they made a remake to see if they could do the same again and give people nostalga, 2 so you could get all pokemon in the national dex in RSE, FR/LG.

It appeared in Gen IV because of HGSS (as many people really wanted remakes)

No reason for it to appear in Gen V, unless there is some way they make it appear. Its time for a change I think. Plus HGSS cartridge won't die for a very long time (much longer than RGB or GSC cartridges) and no one really going to throw away their good DS if they use it a lot so you can still play a perfectly good game with Kanto (in much better graphics than before) so no need for it to appear in Gen V IMO

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom