• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gold and Silver DS: Discussion, Debate, Wishlists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to repeat the question, but I still haven't seen any information regarding bedroom decorations. The only thing that comes close is the Copycat now has a Banette doll in her house.
Actually, it's alive. Or undead, whatever.

Sorry to repeat the question, but I still haven't seen any information regarding bedroom decorations. The only thing that comes close is the Copycat now has a Banette doll in her house.
Actually, it's alive. Or undead, whatever.

that would explain that odd Banette sprite I was puzzling over.

I think we should still wait for the rest of the Sugimori art. Bugsy got official art so highly I doubt Sugimori would just forget the rest. Especially since Bugsy is pretty overlooked and not as popular as the other gym leaders from what I've observed. Could be wrong though.

I think we should still wait for the rest of the Sugimori art. Bugsy got official art so highly I doubt Sugimori would just forget the rest. Especially since Bugsy is pretty overlooked and not as popular as the other gym leaders from what I've observed. Could be wrong though.

no, you're right. No one cares for Bugsy.

Why wouldn't Sugimori want to draw Clair?

no, you're right. No one cares for Bugsy.

Why wouldn't Sugimori want to draw Clair?

It's sad nobody cares for Bugsy. Even with the creepy eyes of his new art he's still kind of adorable.

Maybe Sugimori is teasing us to hold everyone over for the rest. There are a lot of characters to be drawn so I guess it's taking more time to get it all up (not just Johto ones.) I'd rather he take his time than rush out the art to keep up with everything else.

I don't think Sugimori actually FOROGT to draw the artwork. Nintendo and GameFreak are just being douches this time around and aren't giving little previews of the Sugimori artwork in the little booklets that comes with the game like they usually do.

They probably want people to buy the guide, which only comes out on the 1st of October and that's a long time from now.

I love Bugsy too<3 I doubt Sugimori would miss the opportunity to draw Jasmine, Whitney, and the like. Again, they probably want more people to buy the guide.

I don't think Sugimori actually FOROGT to draw the artwork. Nintendo and GameFreak are just being douches this time around and aren't giving little previews of the Sugimori artwork in the little booklets that comes with the game like they usually do.

They probably want people to buy the guide, which only comes out on the 1st of October and that's a long time from now.

I love Bugsy too<3 I doubt Sugimori would miss the opportunity to draw Jasmine, Whitney, and the like. Again, they probably want more people to buy the guide.

I also think it's because there are a ton of characters to draw out. HGSS seems to have a big cast of important people compared to the other games of the series. Not only are there the Johto leaders, but the Elite 4, Kanto leaders, the major npcs, and many others. Looking at all the characters on those sprite sheets I could imagine it being time consuming to draw them all. Not to mention it must be hard to update the old designs and determine who should get a bigger style change than the others. Even if some of the designs are unfavorable to certain fans (Soul, Kotone, Morty, Sabrina, etc.) I still give Sugimori credit for updating the artwork of all those characters.

And I wouldn't be surprised if GF and Nintendo are holding out on the Sugimori art that is completed until the guides. And they don't have the gym leader previews in the booklets now? That's kinda disappointing but not a big loss. GF and Nintendo probably want to sell the guide much later on when the current hype of everything else mellows out. So that way when new information dries up fans will rush to buy the guide wanting more.

Last edited:
Just to clarify, those big circle thingies next to the badges in the badge case is like a League badge or medal or something?

Just to clarify, those big circle thingies next to the badges in the badge case is like a League badge or medal or something?

Probably.

You know what I wonder? When is this thread's title getting changed?

Hey, here's something that kinda disturbs me. Or maybe I'm just sick-minded. But a cute couple on new route 47 has an onix and a cloyster.

The guy has an onix and the girl has a cloyster.

Am I the only one who sees the innuendo in that?

Hey, here's something that kinda disturbs me. Or maybe I'm just sick-minded. But a cute couple on new route 47 has an onix and a cloyster.

The guy has an onix and the girl has a cloyster.

Am I the only one who sees the innuendo in that?

Pics.

And LMAO.

Or... GF is innocent and Ryuu has the sick mind.

entirely possible. But I was looking at the teams and the thought just kinda struck me. I've never looked at Cloyster the same since that Pokedads thread.

So... What's the news on the night and day feature?

I mean, it's obviously back, I'm not asking something that obvious. But does it still have the same significance that it has in GSC? Or does it return in the nerfed DPPt form? I'm talking about things like encounter rates, which were greatly affected by time in GSC but not nearly as much in DPPt. Or some of the day-to-day events, like the underground shop in Goldenrod and the Day Siblings. Is this stuff as important now as it was back in GSC?

I mean, it's obviously back, I'm not asking something that obvious. But does it still have the same significance that it has in GSC? Or does it return in the nerfed DPPt form? I'm talking about things like encounter rates, which were greatly affected by time in GSC but not nearly as much in DPPt. Or some of the day-to-day events, like the underground shop in Goldenrod and the Day Siblings. Is this stuff as important now as it was back in GSC?

Judging by the hoops you have to jump through to rematch the Gym Leaders . . .

Judging by the hoops you have to jump through to rematch the Gym Leaders . . .

not to mention the new dex actually has a mode where you cycle through morning/day/and night and depending on the time, the location of certain pokemon changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom