• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gold and Silver DS: Discussion, Debate, Wishlists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoops? They have you hauling your ass all over the Tohjo continent trying to get them to battle your ass off and on top of that you can only call their exclusive asses once a week at a certain time. So yes time based events are much more details.

not to mention the new dex actually has a mode where you cycle through morning/day/and night and depending on the time, the location of certain pokemon changes.

This is what I was really the most concerned about. So they've kept the different rates of appearance based on time? That was one of the most interesting things about the morning/day/night cycle in GSC IMO.

Also apparently Brock trades you a Rhydon with thunder fang for a Sudowodo.

Rhyhorn? OK whatever. But its techincally a Sudowodo he wants. And hell it makes sense cause somehow it does. Bonsly corelates to the Anime Canon and when Pikachu aimed for the Horn Blaine's Rhyhorn got thunder zapped teeth. OBVIOUSLY.

Rhyhorn? OK whatever. But its techincally a Sudowodo he wants. And hell it makes sense cause somehow it does. Bonsly corelates to the Anime Canon and when Pikachu aimed for the Horn Blaine's Rhyhorn got thunder zapped teeth. OBVIOUSLY.

Why is it that that makes sense when it really shouldn't?

Because it just fucking can. Seriously though besides the obvious Anime refrences I have no clue at all why. Possibly for surge?

If all Gym Leaders have tradeable Pokemon now, I'd love to see them. What they're offering and what they want in exchange.

Trading Pokémon with Leaders? That's really a surprising addition to the franchise. Even if there's only a couple of them, I'll be very pleased to trade with them.

About the Sugimori artwork, obviously it's already done (if not, how could the sprite team do their job if they didn't know how the characters would look like, especially when some of them changed a lot?), Ken is not lazy, is just Ninty/Game Freak being bitchy.

They've always held up full Sugimori art every time, besides I think Diamond/Pearl (And even then, Wake, Fantina, Byron, Saturn and Candice were revealed very late, and Bertha and Flint never had the actual full picture unveiled). I'm not surprised this is happening again. However, to take the art out of the manuals... now that's pretty screwed-up. The VS shots look nice and all, but it's still not the actual art. This is a sad turn of events.

Oh well. I hope they do unveil it eventually.

I guess one of the other leader trades might be for Head Smash Nosepass, given there's no other way for it to acquire the move. Maybe Jasmine, given its evolution is Steel?

Its awesome that Gym Leaders are now more involved in the game. Normally its just beat them and move on, maybe they'll say somrething once after but not really for much. Now with rematches/possible trades it seems theres alot more to do after egtting badges beating E4/Red. Tis cool

Its awesome that Gym Leaders are now more involved in the game. Normally its just beat them and move on, maybe they'll say somrething once after but not really for much. Now with rematches/possible trades it seems theres alot more to do after egtting badges beating E4/Red. Tis cool

It is. I wonder how many people will now have Thunder Fang Rhyperiors?

One thing to point out. Early on, after HGSS was announced, I saw an interview segment here that said that HGSS was the testing grounds for things that would be put into future pokemon games. Make of that what you will.

It is. I wonder how many people will now have Thunder Fang Rhyperiors?

One thing to point out. Early on, after HGSS was announced, I saw an interview segment here that said that HGSS was the testing grounds for things that would be put into future pokemon games. Make of that what you will.
Well then we can expect 493 and more OW's a bunch of crazy details like the sounds, leagues will now have special 9th super sized badges like in hgss and other stuff. Otherwise the Pokebeach thing is intresting:
  • The Rock / Lock capsule has a relationship to Wi-Fi. In the game data, there is text that says, "The Rock Capsule is being looked after carefully. The Rock Capsule arrived safely!" It's probably a pre-programmed Mystery Gift. The data for the text above is in the same location as the Manaphy egg from Pokemon Ranger. Could there be a special Pokemon inside, or could it unlock something in a future game?
Gen 5 coming sooner then thought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom