• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Why there won't be any pokemon after Arceus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unoriginal_Nickname

Reaction score
In the past, new pokemon have been revealed in movies or a while before the next region starts. Kecleon was first seen in the last few episodes of "Johto Leauge Champions",[more than 65 episodes before Adavanced Generation] Marill was seen in the Orange Islands. Ho-Oh was seen in the very first episode. Munchlax was in movie 7. There might be a few more.

I've read the synopses for the next few Japanese episodes of the latest season, and no new pokemon will debut as of episode 144 of that region[out of 156, I read].

And movie 12 had no new pokemon.

I wouldn't say the show's ending at ep 156, but I don't think they're gonna have any new pokemon.

However, one might argue: Sales continue to climb. But that's only one reason there will be Gen 5.

New pokemon anytime soon, that is.

In the past, new pokemon have been revealed in movies or a while before the next region starts. Kecleon was first seen in the last few episodes of "Johto Leauge Champions",[more than 65 episodes before Adavanced Generation] Marill was seen in the Orange Islands. Ho-Oh was seen in the very first episode. Munchlax was in movie 7. There might be a few more.

I've read the synopses for the next few Japanese episodes of the latest season, and no new pokemon will debut as of episode 144 of that region[out of 156, I read].

And movie 12 had no new pokemon.

I wouldn't say the show's ending at ep 156, but I don't think they're gonna have any new pokemon.

However, one might argue: Sales continue to climb. But that's only one reason there will be Gen 5.

New pokemon anytime soon, that is.
...exactly. Nintendo gets more money than you can possibly imagine off this franchise. They're not just going to stop making Pokémon after all these years. That would make no sense.

It's just there's going to be a larger gap between generation 4 and 5 is all. I for one am glad we can just enjoy the current generation without having to have new Pokémon without Pokédex numbers thrown in our face left ad right.

By the way, you're not alone in thinking Arceus is the last one. You're just wrong. :p But I'm confused. You say there won't be a next generation, and then follow it up with "there will be one, but not any time soon"...?

:yawn:
...exactly. Nintendo gets more money than you can possibly imagine off this franchise. They're not just going to stop making Pokémon after all these years. That would make no sense.

It's just there's going to be a larger gap between generation 4 and 5 is all. I for one am glad we can just enjoy the current generation without having to have new Pokémon without Pokédex numbers thrown in our face left and right.

By the way, you're not alone in thinking Arceus is the last one. You're just wrong. :p But I'm confused. You say there won't be a next generation, and then follow it up with "there will be one, but not any time soon"...?

I decided it would be more accurate to add "Not anytime soon", and I couldn't edit the title..... and I guess I forgot to add "Anytime soon" when I mentioned there won't be any new pokemon.

:blush:

Gen 5 probably will not debut until "Celebi and the Gods of the Sea & Sky" next year.

:yawn:

I decided it would be more accurate to add "Not anytime soon", and I couldn't edit the title..... and I guess I forgot to add "Anytime soon" when I mentioned there won't be any new pokemon.

:blush:
Oh, haha, I had kind of figured as much. :p Yeah, they are taking their time.

Gen 5 probably will not debut until "Celebi and the Gods of the Sea & Sky" next year.
Seems likely.

...by the way, please don't make up fake titles. D: You're just going to confuse people.

probably they may "Reboot", but that's my theory. Very unlikely, but there is a slight chance, because no Gen V pokemon showcased in the Movie 12 where usually next gen pokemon are shown in the second to last and/or last movie of the generation.

Gen 5 is coming as will a whole other bunch of em.

There will be tons of new Pokemon... it's inevitable. It just takes longer to showcase one for now.

Well, people thought that there wouldn't be any new Pokémon after Mew because it was supposedly the ancestor of all Pokémon, but now we've got 493 Pokémon so far.

Don't really get the point why it's in the anime thread, but whatever.
Arceus is made out to be the "God" of all Pokemon. This probably means they're running out of ideas. Chances are... We'll have a new Generation and 100+ "new" pokemon. But really, right now we already have 493 of them. They can't do this forever.

Except Arceus *isn't* supposed to be "God."

And even if it was...so what? That doesn't mean they couldn't make any more pokemon.

Except Arceus *isn't* supposed to be "God."

And even if it was...so what? That doesn't mean they couldn't make any more pokemon.
People always thinks everything has to be bigger and better rather than exploring other aspects of the Pokemon World that's why.

They've already said repeatedly in interviews that Arceus is not the last Pokemon and seem confused that people would even get that idea.

Unless they specifically say this is the last "generation" of Pokemon than it's not.

I highly doubt they would lead us on.

Gamefreak (a month after HGSS): Oh and by the way there's no more Pokemon, sorry, that was it, hope you had fun, it was a great time, wasn't it? I enjoyed it, and I hope you enjoyed it too. Now were onto better things.

Apart from some sort of sudden financial issue, I can't see them doing that. Unless were supposed to assume every generation is the last generation, until otherwise told.

I think there might be gen 5, but I agree that they are in trouble after the appearance of Arceus. In this gen they already have the ruler of time, space, and dimensions. What other legendaries can they think of? How can they complete the story concerning the God-like Pokemon Arceus that can be put into a Pokeball? These are big problems for them.

On the other hand, the success of gen 5 hinges on whether they can think of another good quest other than gyms and contests. They did well in gen 3 by introducing contests (which isn't quite as effective in the games; at least up to this moment I still cannot make good Pokeblocks), but will they make something new in gen 5? This is the key point.

In the games, I start to get bored challenging gyms and the league, and after I defeat the Elite Four and the Battle Zone my only quests are the ever-boring Battle Tower 100-win streak and even more boring 493-entry Pokedex which takes forever. If gen 5 continues to be so I won't be playing any more.

In the anime, again, if gen 5 is Ash, Brock, and a gen 5 girl doing contest I won't be watching any more. A new quest is essential for Pokemon to go on.

Also, note that each gen is actually related to a new gameboy series. In gen 2 we had color gameboy; gen 3 we have gameboy advanced which has renewed graphics and sound effects; gen 4 we have NDS which is touch-screen, 3D graphics and sound. NDS is a fantastic invention (I couldn't believe it when I first knew of it), and I can't think of significant improvements out of it. Whether there will be a better gameboy series is also a factor whether there will be gen 5.

I have run out of ideas. If I were the producer I would have ended it here. But the game producers have crazy minds, as proved in gens 3 & 4. I'm going to wait and see if they can come up with a new technology, a new quest, and new ideas.

I think there might be gen 5, but I agree that they are in trouble after the appearance of Arceus. In this gen they already have the ruler of time, space, and dimensions. What other legendaries can they think of? How can they complete the story concerning the God-like Pokemon Arceus that can be put into a Pokeball? These are big problems for them.

Legendaries do not have to top one another. You can not objectively state, just from their "themes" that Groudon beats Ho-Oh who beats Mewtwo. Why can't people get that through their thick heads? You don't have to stop with God. If anything, most mythologies and settings START with a god and go from there. Gen V doesn't have to contain ANYTHING more "powerful" than Arceus. AT ALL. Anymore than Ho-Oh was "above" Mewtwo. It's nonsensical bullshit, and I'm getting sick of people explaining that Arceus is the reason the franchise should be canceled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom