• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What would your reaction be if Ash lost the Sinnoh league?

How would you feel if Ash lost the Sinnoh league

• Total voters

Cybersai

Reaction score
Well we're getting to that time again, the region is almost over and its time for another league.

We're now 12 years and 620 something episodes into the series. By the time we get to the league eps we may be 650 episodes into the series.

For this league the writers already had Paul beat Ash in a 6 on 6 battle in a regular ep, which implies at least to me Ash will beat him in the league. Thus far there is no sign of another Richie/Harrison/Tyson popping up out of nowhere, although there's still time for that.

Sinnoh is the longest region of the series, gearing up to be almost 200 episodes by the time it ends. How would you feel if Ash lost the league yet again? That means we'd theoretically have to wait for yet another generation, the 5th gen, which would take us into the year 2015+ in real life for Ash to win a league. How many of us will still be here by then, honestly?

As for me, I'd honestly be disappointed. Back in Johto and Hoenn there was no indication Ash would actually win the leagues those times so it didn't matter to me. However this time I feel there is more pushing toward Ash finally winning, and since a lot of us probably won't still be around in the 5th gen region, I hope this is it.

I am expecting Ash to lose. That's my option you Scott (intentionally, I guess?) forgot to implement in your poll.
I have nothing else to say for this topic then believe Ash will EVER win the league Tournament is naive. That's it. Ash will not win the League untill Pokémon Anime will end. And since I really expect, more or less the same Pokémon Anime to air for another 20 years or even more, I am not expecting Ash to win League anytime soon.

I voted "Indifferent...". If Ash does his best and gets a good place (Top 4?)then there's no reason to be disappointed.
DP is being an awesome saga and I won't be sad just because Ash lost the league again.

It depends on what they want to do really. I definitely don't want to see Ash place in the top 8 again. Last time, Ash lost to the guy that eventually won the league, so if it weren't for that, maybe he would've done better. We have seen a lot of the E4 this time, and we have even been told what happens once you do win a league. This opens the possibility of this happening, but I will not favor it for one reason, and that is that the alternative would be a better opportunity: another BF saga, possibly taking place in Johto. Since Platinum's frontier is the same as HG/SS's, I feel this option is almost impossible to avoid since it promotes the new games AND provides filler. I also feel that Ash winning a league at this point would bring us to a point of no return. If it were to happen, we would have no choice but to proceed going through the E4 until he defeats Cynthia. To go after another league would be almost purposeless. True, Ash has already become the champion of a league (the Orange Islands), but we all know that is not as significant as winning a more major league, let alone taking on the E4 and Champion. The anime would run itself into a brick wall. Where do we go from here? We don't currently know anything greater than being a Champion. They would have to make it all up. (Not that they're not capable of doing so) Then again, we did go to Sinnoh after Ash won the previous BF, which put him in a pretty high class of trainers, equaling or exceeding the E4. Anything can happen, really. As long as he gets past the top 8. I will be heavily disappointed if that at least does not happen.

We all expect Ash to lose. Top 8 is still a good accomplishment, though.
If he wins a Pokemon League, would that not be the end of the series? And they always present the idea that there's always someone better than you. Not like the video games how the main protagonist just HAPPENS to becomes the Champion.

Don't open unless you aren't worried bout a little gore.
w0knee.gif
This will be my reaction but in the end its going to be either the writers or the fandom I'm going to be gunning down.

I don't expect him to win. And if he does, I'll be pleasantly surprised

Honestly, I don't think Ash deserves to win the Sinnoh League. I would be shock if he even makes it to the Finals. In my eyes, Ash hasn't done anything that makes me believe that he will win.

I voted "Indifferent". It honestly doesn't matter to me if Ash wins the Sinnoh League or not, or when he finally does win a league.

I'm not watching the show for the sole purpose of seeing Ash win a league, so I don't really care.

If he gets top 8 again, I'll be really disappointed, I mean as some of you say if he wins the league and somehow beats Cynthia and becomes Champion what is there. The same thing can be said if he is placed at Top 8 again.

Seriously if you get Top 8, 3 leagues in a row, why continue? Unless Ash realizes he needs all his Pokemon not just his current ones then he isn't going to win, unless the writers decide to fair and nice to Ash.

At least Top 4 is an improvement, and he then continue, but Top 8?

Funny I had a dream about the Sinnoh League, but my dream screwed me over with another Pokemon aspect. But the opening song (for the league arc) was epic, it was like 2 minutes or so with quick cuts of Ash battling trainers. At first I was disappointed because I thought they rushed the battles until I realized it was just the opening.

I'd like to see him win because I cannot wait until the year 2015 or beyond.

How many of us will still be watching the show consistently in the 5th gen? Its sometimes difficult to accept that we could have to sit through yet another 200 episode generation after DP with Ash as the main character. The show will have 900 episodes by then.

^ I'd say to just stop watching the show then. At some point ya realize that Ash, Brock, and Team Rocket will keep hopping across regions and stuff until who knows when.

Personally, I've been done with the show for a while now. Maybe I'll check it out in the future to see if it ends, but now it's just a lot easier to just accept that the show isn't gonna change.

I'd like to see him win because I cannot wait until the year 2015 or beyond.

How many of us will still be watching the show consistently in the 5th gen? Its sometimes difficult to accept that we could have to sit through yet another 200 episode generation after DP with Ash as the main character. The show will have 900 episodes by then.

I've watched nearly 600 episodes so the idea of watching through another generation and even hundreds of more episodes doesn't bother me. In fact, I kind of like that since I can always have some Pokemon episode to watch. Since there are a lot of arcs already, I can also watch them at different times so it doesn't get dull or old. Plus, watching an older saga again almost makes it feel like it's new again to me.

I voted for indifferent. I'm honestly not expecting Ash to win the Shinnoh League. That would be kind of cool if it happens, but I'm not betting on that either. As long as Ash beats Paul and possibly makes it to the Top Four instead of the Top Eight, then I'll be happy.

I'm also not watching the show to see Ash win a major region league. If that was my only reason for watching the show, I probably would have stopped ages ago. I love the show for what it is and I feel relaxed when I watch it.

It depends on what they want to do really. I definitely don't want to see Ash place in the top 8 again. Last time, Ash lost to the guy that eventually won the league, so if it weren't for that, maybe he would've done better. We have seen a lot of the E4 this time, and we have even been told what happens once you do win a league. This opens the possibility of this happening, but I will not favor it for one reason, and that is that the alternative would be a better opportunity: another BF saga, possibly taking place in Johto. Since Platinum's frontier is the same as HG/SS's, I feel this option is almost impossible to avoid since it promotes the new games AND provides filler.

Yeah, there's a slight problem though: Palmer in the Anime was never stated to be a member of the Johto BF, only of the Sinnoh BF. Maybe if they had also said that he was a member of the Johto BF as well, it would seem likely. Since they didn't, well, the chances of their going to Johto for the BF are extremely low.

I also feel that Ash winning a league at this point would bring us to a point of no return. If it were to happen, we would have no choice but to proceed going through the E4 until he defeats Cynthia. To go after another league would be almost purposeless. True, Ash has already become the champion of a league (the Orange Islands), but we all know that is not as significant as winning a more major league, let alone taking on the E4 and Champion. The anime would run itself into a brick wall. Where do we go from here? We don't currently know anything greater than being a Champion. They would have to make it all up. (Not that they're not capable of doing so) Then again, we did go to Sinnoh after Ash won the previous BF, which put him in a pretty high class of trainers, equaling or exceeding the E4. Anything can happen, really. As long as he gets past the top 8. I will be heavily disappointed if that at least does not happen.

Yeah, I agree. I don't care if he manages to challenge the Elite 4 or not, as long as he at least manages to exceed the Top 8 position. I still don't see why the Writers even needed to keep him at Top 8 in Hoenn, anyways. In fact, if I ever watched Hoenn, that would definitely be a visible Pet Peeve and another thing that goes onto my list of what I hated about Hoenn.

I really could care less. He's a stupid trainer and if he loses again, I just hope he doesn't cry like a bitch.

Him losing would be a good sighn of Gen. 5. Besides, I'd kind of like to see Paul win. Of course, I have quite a few other candidates in mind. n_n

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom