• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime Favorite Studio Ghibli Movie?

Reaction score
Mine is 耳をすませば Mimi wo Sumaseba (literally, If You Listen Closely), better known to U.S. and U.K. moviegoers as Whisper of the Heart. I can't help it, I love stories about young love.

How about you?

My favorite that I've seen so far is a tie between Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away. They were both so beautiful. Like a cross between a work of art and a flim. Howl's Moving Castle seems lighter while Spirited Away totally immerses you. Love 'em both.

Mine would have to be SpiritedAway because of how absolutely imaginative it is, or Kiki's Delivery Service. I love how all the stories are so charming and well thought out.

My favorite that I've seen so far is a tie between Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away. They were both so beautiful. Like a cross between a work of art and a flim. Howl's Moving Castle seems lighter while Spirited Away totally immerses you. Love 'em both.

I'm the same! They're both amazing, and my two favorite movies.

Grave of the Fireflies hands down. It's so touching, and one of the best films to date to demonstrate the deep-reaching effects of the nuclear bombings. That and I'm a sucker for sad, tragic movies.

I've only watched one of them, though I doubt it'd ever change even if I saw all of them, but Spirited Away is my favourite. If that makes sense. ;-)

Hmm, good question, I have so many favorites. I will say though that the Ghibli film that left the biggest impact on me was Grave of the Fireflies, although I don't think I'd call it a favorite.

Favorite? Maybe... possibly Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. Maybe. That could change tomorrow though.

I think I tend to like all of them... but If I had to have a favorite... I would probably narrow it down to Castle in the Sky, Kiki's Delivery Service, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, and Princess Mononoke as they give me the fondest memories and inspirations.

There are a number of excellent films to choose from, but if I had to pick my favorite it would have to be Princess Mononoke.

Out of the two that I've seen... Princess Mononoke.
The other one's Spirited Away..I need to see more of those films...

Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle. They were both watched about seven times in one day. Separate days of course ^_^'

Spirited Away, but the more I watch it the more potential you see. I read somewhere tht Miyazaki realized the beta storboard would make the movie over three hours long. It kind of makes you wonder what's missing.

Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away, totally. But I also like Kiki's Delivery service. Well, I like must all of them. (lol)

Well, like most people, Spirited Away but I also loved Howl's Moving Castle. It was actually a very good adaptation of the book.

I like Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle, although those are actually the only ones I've watched.

Well, like most people, Spirited Away but I also loved Howl's Moving Castle. It was actually a very good adaptation of the book.

Until a couple months ago, I didn't even know Howl's Moving Castle was an adaption. ^^;;

Miyazaki films. Castle in the sky <3 Spirited Away <3 Howl's Moving Castle <3
Definitely.~

Castle in the sky + Kiki's delivery service.

They're the only ones I've watched so far, so it's natural that they are my favorites. :XD:

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom