• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP149: Pikachu, Pochama, Keep Apart!!

Re: DP 149 "Keep Away from Pikachu and Pochama!!" Preview Thread

LOL @ Octillery and Mareep. Quite a disturbing Pokemon pair.

Pokemon Sunday had some new shots. Not only Pikachu Pochama...

92724420.jpg

Man, why put a Squirtle in there? I guess the writers made sure to showcase the Kanto starters after showing the Johto ones. The writers really do love the Kanto starters.

Last edited:

I am now of the opinion that this machine is completely disturbing.

So only electric and water types get affected or what?

Weirdness.

Water and Electric only? Wow. I hope some ice and fire types get affected.

So only electric and water types get affected or what?

Weirdness.

Somehow I knew there would be that type of restriction placed on whomever is affected by this machine.

Man, why put a Squirtle in there? I guess the writers made sure to showcase the Kanto starters after showing the Johto ones. The writers really do love the Kanto starters.
Squirtle is a Pokemon too, Scott. It's allowed to appear outside of Ash's control. Especially since I doubt that Squirtle will, you know, do anything other than appear among shots of other Pokemon affected by the machine. (and I'm someone who hates the Kanto starter worship the writers seem to have)

As if it's anything new to see random starters at the background or random one-second-scenes like this will be
Remember the random Squirtle in the unofficial Contest? and the Chikorita in the orienteering BF ep?
Yeah... so that doesn't mean anything

Last edited:

As if only Satoshi-tachi had the exclusivity on all the starters out there. *rolls eyes*

Anyway, this episode has to be one of the most crack induced episodes ever. It's going to be awesome, I bet.

There is the theory that only electric and water pokemon are affected and only towards each other.
Pokemon exclusivity is not so commonplace anymore; be lucky that we get non-Gen II pokemon in this episode.

I wonder what would happen to a Chinchou under the effect of that machine...

What would happen to Chibnchou? It would fall in love with washing machine, because it's powered by both water and electricity, just like Chinchou is :lol:

Water Machine Rotom as well in some degree...

A few more pictures:

DP149preview_new.jpg

DP149preview_new2.jpg

DP149preview_new5.jpg

DP149preview_new3.jpg

DP149preview_new4.jpg

So I was right after all. Electric-water type shipping. So even genderless pokemon are affected? I love the reaction of the Magnemite when it's precious Quagsire is seen lying on the ground. And this must be the COTD scientist.

This thread amuses me: The number of people who look at the picture and automatically assume that this is a homosexual themed episode without actually reading the thread.

As for the episode itself, it looks to me like a regular filler episode. (albeit an entertaining one) It'll be like Claydol Big and Tall: It's blatently filler with no effect on the plot whatsoever, but it'll be funny. I may watch it in the foreseeable future. (ie before it's dubbed)

Last edited:

This thread amuses me: The number of people who look at the picture and automatically assume that this is a homosexual themed episode without actually reading the thread.

People say that 'cause Pikachu and Piplup were both confirmed male in the evil Togepi episode which was DP142.

Of course its just a comedy episode so its no big deal.

People say that 'cause Pikachu and Piplup were both confirmed male in the evil Togepi episode which was DP142.

So? they're clearly not seriously in love with each other in this episode
A crazy professor made a machine that supposed to make Pokémon that don't get along with each other to become good friends and its effect on Poké who are already good friends like Piplup and Pikachu was to make them like each other even more
Notice how that information from the summary didn't even say it caused them to "fall in love" but simply like each other even more
While hearts in eyes usually goes to show one is "in love" in this anime, we had some other cases like someone thinking a Pokémon is cute or such things
Even if they do say they're "in love", we clearly saw in the preview that Pikachu and Piplup are angry at each other when the effect stops but then the they get controlled by the machine again

As long as one is doing something without actually wanting to do it, while he's controlled by something/someone, you can't say anything about him - simply because it's not really him who's doing all this

It doesn't matter anyway
Let's simply enjoy the episode for what it is, you can be sure it won't have any effect on future eps... we're supposed to just calm down and laugh so let's do that

Now for the pictures shown at the end of previous page - I see Magnemite attacked by Water Gun, which is probably Quagsire's and then we see Magnemite using some electric attack, probably at Quagsire
I wonder if maybe the Magnemite isn't controlled by the machine like the others so it attacks poor Quagsire? XD or maybe they're angry at each other after the effect is over like Pika/Pip

I think this will air about 5 minutes from now
Hopefully it'll end up as funny as expected

- LOL at the music that plays when Pikachu and Potchama first get all lovey-dovey.

- Those pan shots inside the scientist's lab looked really jittery and pixelated.

- The professor's name is Kodama-Hakase.

- Way to just stand there and not help, Takeshi.

- Oh, Hikari...way to forget that Potchama has a Monster Ball.

- Well, that lasted all of five seconds :(

- Oh, Darkrai music.

- I hate to be beating a dead horse...but that Tajiran is really, really annoying.

- Loving this Jouto Rocket-Dan music.

- So I'm guessing this machine's working without electricity?

- Mukuhawk? Who's that? :p

- So Takeshi explains Nuo is a ground type as well as a water type. Likewise, Coil is a steel type in addition to being an electric type. So, the professor's machine didn't work on them because of they're dual types.

Overall...a fun episode without an ounce of teh gei sexx.

DP 149 "Keep Away from Pikachu and Pochama!!

Interesting episode we have here, pretty funny to see Pochama and Pikachu attracted to each other. I swear that love theme that plays when they hug each other is from that Korean drama Winter Sonata (Was pretty popular in Japan). Some pretty interesting combinations to be be seen such as Zenigame and Raichu, Maril and Luxio and Meriep and Okutank. Was a pretty fun episode overall. I give this an 8.6/10.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom