• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash gets a Gible! Wait he doesn't? Look here it says he does!

If Gliscor doesn't get released, he'll rotate a team of 7. That's still essentially the same team, assuming he doesn't use any older Pokemon in the league.

Last edited:
And Peno: You have the right to complain as much as you want to, but you are going to have deal with the fact that Ash will get Gible wether you like it are not, and that his team is not being ruin. There's nothing wrong with Ash having a Gible because it fits Ash's Sinnoh Team perfect, and your not the writer of the show, its not up to you to decide whether he gets Gible are not, its up to the writers to decide on which Pokemon they want Ash to have not you, and the writers have the right to give Ash Gible if they want to your going to have to deal with it. Its not like Ash won't be using Gliscor later on in the Pokemon league because Sinnoh is different from the other three regions,and the writers won't bring back any old Pokemon at all.

And the odds that Gible is Sinnoh's answer to anime-Johto's Larvitar are...

Unless it specifically mentions that Ash has actually caught the shark?

Nah, it seems Ash catches Gible in a Pokeball. Definitely an official capture, unlike Larvitar.

I find it funny that they are selling all these t-shirts with Ash's team on it. And one of them is going to leave.

Collector's item!

Its not like Gliscor is going to be released,when it can be left at Oak's lab,and i hope the writers don't released Gliscor instead of leaving it at because that would be stupid for them to do that.

Or you know ash battling with it, and there isn't an egg in sight.

*coughambipomcough*
Damn the monkey got thrown around like a rag doll its a different story on its own.

Nah, it seems Ash catches Gible in a Pokeball. Definitely an official capture, unlike Larvitar.

Well, OK then.

I still have doubts about this turn of events though.

Its already confirmed that Ash those get Gible,and people need to deal with it.

Snippy, aren't we?

I'm neutral about this anyway. I just wouldn't get my hopes up high when there was a similar situation 7 years ago.

Or you know ash battling with it

And? Misty battled with a wild Golduck. Ash battled with the Larvitar itself, I believe, as well.

and there isn't an egg in sight.

Inconsequential. I said this could be Sinnoh's answer/equivalent for Larvitar, not the mirror image of it.

Well, OK then.

I still have doubts about this turn of events though.
That's fine, I said it was acceptable to do especially if you maintained a Pokemon website, and you just plastered all over that Ash was getting a Gible. Only for nothing to come of it. But there's strong evidence he does capture it. One scene Gible battles Empoleon, Brock and Dawn are the only humans in the shot. Brock is refereeing while Dawn is sitting on what looks like a log bench. And we all know Ash isn't getting an Empoleon.

And? Misty battled with a wild Golduck. Ash battled with the Larvitar itself, I believe, as well.
Well Golduck was a Pokemon version of Brock so that's why he let Misty use him. And Larvitar really bonded with Ash.

It just seems unlikely that given the short time left that Ash would bond with Gible this quickly so that Gible would let Ash battle with it. Not to mention it wouldn't make sense for Ash to battle Empoleon with it, Team Rocket or wild Pokemon maybe. But if it is Barry's Empoleon it doesn't make too much sense.

No ash did not battle with Larvitar at all.
Actually you can say he did. It wasn't an official battle but I believe Ash told Larvitar to use hidden power against Team Rocket. The only uncertainty about that is whether or not it was Team Rocket. But yes Ash ordered Larvitar to use hidden power and it obeyed.

Still doesn't matter this is an official battle between two trainers. Not the same thing.

It's pretty obvious Ash actually captures the Gible, that's why they're making room for it on Ash's team.

Larvitar was around when Ash already had 6 Pokemon, hence why it was never captured because it would have been a 7th.

I think we better continue Gible discussion in that thread for the future eps preview... we have like 3 different threads now related to Gible and I don't think we really need all of these... it can all go in the future eps preview

While I am not denying that it's going to be an official capture, I just want to point out that just because it was caught in a pokeball doesn't necessarily mean that it is official. Brock's Vulpix, for example, was caught in a Pokeball, yet it was explicitly stated even by Brock to not be his pokemon, which means unofficial ownership. Likewise, Togepi did not even have a Pokeball, and yet it was still officially Misty's pokemon, regardless.

I'm just trying to point out how an official capture doesn't necessarily need to have a Pokeball involved, as well as the Pokeball capturing the Pokemon doesn't necessarily mean an official capture.

While I am not denying that it's going to be an official capture, I just want to point out that just because it was caught in a pokeball doesn't necessarily mean that it is official. Brock's Vulpix, for example, was caught in a Pokeball, yet it was explicitly stated even by Brock to not be his pokemon, which means unofficial ownership. Likewise, Togepi did not even have a Pokeball, and yet it was still officially Misty's pokemon, regardless.

I'm just trying to point out how an official capture doesn't necessarily need to have a Pokeball involved, as well as the Pokeball capturing the Pokemon doesn't necessarily mean an official capture.

Well ignoring any unknown circumstances, the fact that Ash would catch it in a Pokeball and in the wild is much different then the examples of Vulpix and Togepi.

Unless you want to name an example where a trainer simply caught a Pokemon (without special circumstances) and later claimed that it wasn't his/her Pokemon.

If I remember correctly, Ash has been seen for short periods of time with Raticate, Haunter, Larvitar, Rapidash, Weezing, Arbok, Meowth, Hitmonlee, Raichu, etc. Does Ash battle with a Gible in just that episode? Does aGible get added to his team? Do we hear Ash say the trademark line, "I just caught a Gible!!"

That long term preview was inconclusive. I'm holding judgement on this question until after I've seen the episode preview and the episode itself.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom