• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The best Pokémon rumors

I heard that if you got a pokemon to level 100 and traded it to an in-game character, the pokemon you got in exchange could be raised to level 999. Thank God I never actually finished it.

I heard, if you catch a pokemon above level 100 using that glitch in the seafoam islands, allowing you to catch pokemon higher than level 100, if you Trade them to GSC, then they will keep their high levels and can be trained up for ever.

Beat the Elite four thirty times in Gold and Silver. You will get your own gym. You pick which town it's in. Your first challenger is your rival. He beats you, then claims the gym. You must go back and win, and then the game will restart, but you'll face your previous file after beating Red.

Second? Missingno. summons Lugia and Ho-oh to rain destruction on Kanto, while it multiplies itself. Then, the cartridge is rendered unusable.

I heard (and I actually believed this) In yellow if you talked to brock or misty 1,000 times they will ask you if they could follow you. very angry after I tried it lol

that if you beat the eliete four with only mewtwo articuno zapdose moltres and a snoralax that the 6th pokemon slot will be filled with mew.

I'm actually not sure that this is a rumour yet, 'cus I never tried, but I heard that if (in R/(G/)B/Y) you beat the E4 100 times you'd get a HM that would cut through walls so you could access the grass south of Pallet, where, who should be roaming wild but Mew xD

You can get to that grass easily without hax though...

I actually cultivated my own rumour for gold version, and got about 6 people to believe it. It involved getting all of the kanto legends, including mew, and a the 'octillery king' that i made up.

Once, I was camping with my friends. One time when we were hiking, this guy walks up to me and says, "Hey do u have Pokemon Platinum?"
I say I do. Then he says I can catch a level 100 Deoxys. I asked him how. He said after I beat the Elite 4, I talk to Prof. Rowan. Then he said i could find it in the grass or something. I knew it wasn't real, though

I once read (In an official Nintendo comic pin-up, no less) that if you have a Golem learn a certain moveset in Yellow (I forget, though I recall Strength was fourth and HAD to be fourth) and you had it holding a Moon Stone (don't ask how, all I know is it said that), you could push the truck into the water, where a staircase would open up where it had fallen.

When you went down the staircase, there would be three Pokémon for you to catch, a Togepi, a Pikablu and a Mewthree. I tried, I failed, I tried again, I failed again, repeatedly restarting from scratch and recatching/retrading all 151 Pokémon. I've despised Nintendo comics since.

Catching a crapload of Geodudes, talk to Bill and he presents you with a Mew in R/B. All that wasted hours for nothing. >__>

Catching a crapload of Geodudes, talk to Bill and he presents you with a Mew in R/B. All that wasted hours for nothing. >__>

I believe there was another like that... I think it went...
If you Surf along the Cerulean Cape, you will be able to find a Dratini/Dragonair... hours of trying this, and nothing...

something about Bill's mysterious garden in r/b. I never got there though.

I heard that in R/S/E if you go to that place that has tones of puddles by the dock. If you battled everyone and defeated the elite four and champion. You go back and step into some certain puddle. Then you can battle and catch a red gyrados in the puddle....

I didn't quite believe the guy who told me. However I was stupid enough to try. So I spent hours walking in every single puddle, after defeating everyone ofcourse. Not one pokemon showed up. Not like I was expecting a battle but it was sooo anoying!

I also heard that in R/B/G/Y you talk to some dude by the beach (the beach that has that ocean that leads to cinabar island). That if you surf right after you get some red gyrados. Then you go talk to prof. oak and get some boat. Then you can go back and learn surf from koga. I tried this as well but failed. I couldn't beat those games! All because I couldn't figure out how to get to that island. I even tried getting some lapras to use surf. I went and talked to koga and still he just said, "you need to know surf". I beat everyone in the gym and around the area. I still couldn't get there! I even tried restarting with squirtle to get blastiose!:bawling:

I heard that if you get all the regis in hoenn to level 99 and show them to the lady next to the energy guru (the one that gives ribbons) you'd get 99 masterballs.

If you beat the Elite Four 365 times the SS Anne will re-appear.

I wasn't laughing when I discovered this to be false. And I had already hit 87.

LOLLL.

Oh god, I heard that if you launch a certain number(that comes daily) at the space center that Deoxys would appear.

I also heard that if you caught all the unown (in GSC) and solved all the riddles, that mew would appear. This went on for months, you have no idea.

Another rumor went on about the same thing as above, except not mew. It was celebi instead and you had to go to the Illex shrine. God, that this sparked so much controversy.

There were alot of secret island rumors as well.

*sigh* All the effort wasted .___.

Something involving "The Bard" in Ruby...

I dunno, something about overworld graphics that're used only once always seem suspicious to me...

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom