• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokémon RPG Announced: Possible Generation V game on its way

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldChaos

Reaction score
Re: New Gamefreak Pokemon title for the DS in 2010

I'm not sure what that means. Does that mean a main series game? Or did they make another kind of spinoff?

Has there been report of this in English yet?

new original Pokemon RPG from GameFreak is undevelopment for DS now
the game is planned to be released within this year
and there is only an announcement for the new Pokemon
no official name (subtitle) or other details yet

I believe this is the final nail in the MindCrystal coffin. Now the question is, what exactly will this new RPG be? I don't believe it will be Gen V. This is quite exciting news.

OH! I wonder what it is! *jumps for joy* I hope it's the new generation, I can't keep playing d/p/pl forever! Nor hg/ss when it comes!!! I'm happy now thanks for telling us!

Hmm, quite interesting.
Thanks for the info.

Thanks.

I believe this is the final nail in the MindCrystal coffin. Now the question is, what exactly will this new RPG be? I don't believe it will be Gen V. This is quite exciting news.

The fact that it said "game" instead of "games" hints otherwise.

This could very well be the updated Crystal people predicted.

I wonder how much butt-hurt is going to result from that, completely ignoring the fact that game freak is releasing a new game.
The fact that it said "game" instead of "games" hints otherwise.

This could very well be the updated Crystal people predicted.

And calling it original is meaningless I presume? You know, not a separate RPG series that isn't going to be bundled in two?

And calling it original is meaningless I presume? You know, not a separate RPG series that isn't going to be bundled in two?

When has GameFreak ever released a single RPG (not a pair), that wasn't an update of a previous game?

I think you're taking the word "original" there way too literally. What else could it be if its not a spinoff?

A Mod on smogon made an interesting post in a similar thread.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2440173#post2440173

Gen 1
Red / Green: 1996
Yellow: 1998

Gen 2
Gold / Silver: 1999
Crystal: 2000

Gen 3
Ruby / Sapphire: 2002
Fire Red / Leaf Green: 2004
Emerald: 2004

Gen 4
Pearl / Diamond: 2006
Platinum: 2008
Heart Gold / Soul Silver: 2009

Gen 5?
2010?

It does seem like its about time for gen 5 if you look at it like this... but what do I know xD (I'll keep dreaming)

Gen 5 won't be on the DS. This is a DS game.

When has GameFreak ever released a single RPG (not a pair), that wasn't an update of a previous game?

I think you're taking the word "original" there way too literally. What else could it be if its not a spinoff?

They could just say a "new RPG" versus "new original RPG", so I wouldn't call it taking it too literally.

I mean who's really reading too much into it, the people who notices the word original, or the people who notice "game" is not pluralized and automatically assumes Mind Crystal?

I mean who's really reading too much into it, the people who notices the word original, or the people who notice "game" is not pluralized and automatically assumes Mind Crystal?

I don't care if its a Crystal remake or not, but if this is a single release and not a pair of games, what can it be? We know Gen 5 it ain't.

An all-new region with old Pokemon? A remake of Crystal or FR/LG? Not a lot of options here.

Gen 5 won't be on the DS. This is a DS game.

I was just curious if this was definitively stated anywhere or if it was just an opinion? I don't see why they couldn't release the next gen on DS, it could play on the Dsi as well obviously, as well as maybe having some DSi exclusive features. That is again, unless they have stated next gen wont be on the DS for sure. (I missed that if thats the case)

I was just curious if this was definitively stated anywhere or if it was just an opinion? I don't see why they couldn't release the next gen on DS, it could play on the Dsi as well obviously, as well as maybe having some DSi exclusive features. That is again, unless they have stated next gen wont be on the DS for sure. (I missed that if thats the case)
Well, there's already talk of the DS2, and honestly, I'd rather see a Mind Crystal than a DS Gen V.

I guess this game probably has the new Ho-oh or Celebi forme rumored to be in Movie 13 at least...

The connection between Movie 13 and this does seem to be apparent. We can't know for sure, though.

Come to think of it, if this game comes out around September or November of this year, it'll only be a little after the movie airs.

Rumored? That idea has no concrete background whatsoever.

Anyways, after running the page through my translator, I noticed something.

For Nintendo DS Pocket Monsters series, 2 screens, touch screen, Wi-Fi DS and communication came to play utilizing the features incorporatedMashita. The latest development in the world in one,More than 715 million (more than 580 million domestic) boasts the unit sales of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl from 』 Full four years as a new addition to the new Pokemon and new games than ever before, all will be reborn in the innovative.

A second RPG to go along with the main one? Difficulty listed as hard?

Are we actually getting a darker and edgier pokemon RPG? I wonder.

Usually the movies reflect whatever game is right around the corner. Movie 13 should be no different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom