• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What kind of features do you want to see?

Trainer customization.
3D battles reminiscent of Stadium.
Less than 10 legends.
Legends that AREN'T fucking plot centric.
Secret bases.
Pokemon following you with the option for them... not too follow you.
The HM system is replaced with a ''Pokemon already have those abilities. E.g water pokemon can already surf, flying pokemon can already fly, ect.'' system.
Pokemon that aren't absolutely retarded like Mr. Mime, Lickilicky, Probopass ect.

And a female professor, please.

Oh god yes. No more old mans professors.

Though, to be honest, I'll just be happy if the new Pokémon (specifically the starters) don't look ugly/stupid and if the female trainer looks cute by my standards (in the case our wish for customization is not granted).

Pretty much just better appearance rates for pokemon in the starting routes and the elimination of HM's.

-Pokethlon AND Contests in the same game.
-Trainer customization. I don't care if it's as simple as a palette change, but I want to change SOMETHING. I know it can be done.
-Difficulty modes. Standard, Hard and Insane mode for the crazy ones seeking a challenge.
-A long plot with the same level of grimdark as Team Galactic. I for one would like to see a team trying to instigate a nuclear or spiritual revolution.
-gb2 Hoenn. I want to see my beloved tropical region DS-ified. It's the only one missing. The plot shouldn't end in the first region and extend here so that neither region gets shafted. This could give way to a nice, lengthy plot that does Pokemon justice.
-FEMALE PROFESSOR
-DARK-TYPE GYM LEADER. IT IS NOT THAT HARD, GAMEFREAK. Make it a twisted, broken blind child for added effect.
-Pokemon following you. Preferably with the choices to turn it off and choose which one you want following you.
-Gym leaders having their own battle themes. Is it that hard? ;_;
-Elimination of the HM system. Flying-types should be able to fly on their own, what the hell Gamefreak.

I don't want switching difficulty modes, I just want a game that it's challenging itself.

I beg for Fire/Psychic and Psychic/Dark creatures. And I want a teenager/young adult protagonist so bad.

the elimination of HM's.

Why? HM's are actually cool (maybe not the moves) but what's not cool about have an move learning item that doesn't go away after a single use?

If they get rid of HM's then they sure as hell better get rid of TM's and just replace them with Move Learners or some other way to learn new moves (hell make it so all the Pokemon can learn any move they possibly can at the start and just use the Move Relearner to pick and choose four moves).

I'd like to see a complete retcon, kind of like how GTA4 is a retcon of the previous GTAs. That'd give them a fresh pallet (no pun intended) like in the Hoenn games. The formula is too predictable, I want something completely new. Especially if it's on the same system. Specifics would be new game mechanics, less pointless items like insenses and a unique plot.

That may be unlikely, but at least I'm aiming higher than "more pokethlon" -_-

Well, we can have HM's as a tool, not as moves. And once acquiring the tool, you can use it without having to teach the move to your Pokémon. There must be still a restriction to moving on the overworld, 'cause you know, otherwise you mught end up in Cinnabar Island from the start of the game.

I mean, all Flying Pokémon can fly, and all Water Pokémon can surf, but what about Cut, Strength and the like?

Why? HM's are actually cool (maybe not the moves) but what's not cool about have an move learning item that doesn't go away after a single use?

Uh, because the moves they learn in general are terrible? Because they force you to spend your limited move slots on these moves regardless whether you want them or not. The fact you can't unlearn them until the game's half finished.

I'd like to see a complete retcon, kind of like how GTA4 is a retcon of the previous GTAs. That'd give them a fresh pallet (no pun intended) like in the Hoenn games. The formula is too predictable, I want something completely new. Especially if it's on the same system. Specifics would be new game mechanics, less pointless items like insenses and a unique plot.

That may be unlikely, but at least I'm aiming higher than "more pokethlon" -_-

That would be a reboot, not a retcon, but yes, I'd love something like that, too, but unfortunately, that's very unlikely to happen.

Uh, because the moves they learn in general are terrible? Because they force you to spend your limited move slots on these moves regardless whether you want them or not. The fact you can't unlearn them until the game's half finished.

Yeah but getting rid of an item that is of permanent use rather than one time only still doesn't sit well with me.

I like Veggietable's idea maybe even having it so that a move can be placed in sort of a placeholder of the HM tool, use the tool to teach rock smash (for example) to a Pokemon to get through the rock smash required places, and then when you're done just use the HM tool to relearn the placeholder move.

The elimination of HM's would be good.
Basically, if a pokémon can learn a HM now, I don't have to teach it that HM, it can just cut down randomly placed trees. Obviously there would have to be restrictions but maybe that could be levelwise as opposed to Gyms. I mean, could a level 1 squirtle really swim me over the ocean? I don't think so!

The above post also makes sense (well the second half)

Yeah but getting rid of an item that is of permanent use rather than one time only still doesn't sit well with me.

I like Veggietable's idea maybe even having it so that a move can be placed in sort of a placeholder of the HM tool, use the tool to teach rock smash (for example) to a Pokemon to get through the rock smash required places, and then when you're done just use the HM tool to relearn the placeholder move.

Yeah, or how about all your pokemon just automatically learn to cut down the tree, smash the boulder or what have you based on their typing/etc. instead of pointlessly wasting a moveslot on them?

I would like to see:
  • Trainer Customization
  • Wi-Fi Contests/Pokéthlon
  • Aqua Jet Lapras/Kingdra
  • An electric dragon type Pokemon (or a fire dragon type)
  • An evolution for Mawile and Farfetch'd
  • Flareon to get Flare Blitz=epic :D

They already let you pick between a boy and a girl character to play as, they should do the same for the rival character.

If Farfetch'd doesnt evolve i may have to brake some skulls.

My opinion on the HM thing:

For beating Gym Leader X you get key items to use in place of HMs. Example: an Axe for Cut, a Pickax for Rock Smash, An oxygen tank and mask for dive, a Pokémon saddle for fly, etc. etc. The Pokémon that can currently learn HMs are just the Pokémon you can use with said item from your bag, whatever the first Pokémon in your team is compatible with the item will be used for the animation thing.

For beating Gym Leader X you get key items to use in place of HMs. Example: an Axe for Cut, a Pickax for Rock Smash, An oxygen tank and mask for dive, a Pokémon saddle for fly, etc. etc. The Pokémon that can currently learn HMs are just the Pokémon you can use with said item from your bag, whatever the first Pokémon in your team is compatible with the item will be used for the animation thing.

I had a similar idea on my mind and was up to write it down ¬¬... Get out of my head T_T

OMGILOVEYOU!!! That's actually the perfect alternative! Perhaps the Gym Leaders could teach you how to use them, thus they still have an input into it!

Since it's late, I will just say something I have on the top of my mind for weeks now. :D

More dynamic battles.

I know I've been against 3D battling, but what the hell. If they worked good on it, like making it relatively quick, I think that it would be kind of a nice addition to have the Trainer move during the battle. Mostly for fun and more cinematism, but also for gameplay during catching Pokemon.

For example, the distance from which you throw a Ball would matter, and touch screen could be used to determine the power of throw. That would pretty much make the catching mechanism great, and would give the franchise a pretty fine additional feature.

What's more, an option with sprites-battling could be there for those seeking quick battles. :p I know, I'm asking for too much!

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom