• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you have had a hard time Catching.

Kris

Reaction score
I had the worst time catching the Wifi Event Darkrai. I had him down to 1 hp and I still couldn't catch him with an ultra ball, timer ball, dusk ball or a regular pokeball. I ended up having to use my master ball on him.

I never had problem with amount of balls.. The worst is Giratina in Platinum, having about 10-20balls, plus bad luck.. I also find bird trio in Platinum pretty hard, thanks to the ability to Roost.. And any pokemon in Safari Zone is hard to catch.. (=_=")

Pokemon Crystal: Lugia, Ho-oh
Pokemon FR/LG: the Bird Trio, safari Pokemon like Kangaskhan
Pokemon R/S/E: Rayquaza, Kyogre, Groudon
Pokemon D/P/Pt: Beldum, Chansey

FR/LG: Chansey, Kangaskhan, Heracross (when I ever managed to actually find one in Berry Bush or whatever that forest area is called as I was looking for ones to take to the guy who tells you if the horn is a record)
Pt: Kangaskhan, Beldum, Darkrai

Pokemon FR/LG: the Bird Trio

Really? I found them easy to catch, just had to reset once and that was for Moltres.

I had the worst time catching the Wifi Event Darkrai. I had him down to 1 hp and I still couldn't catch him with an ultra ball, timer ball, dusk ball or a regular pokeball. I ended up having to use my master ball on him.

Me too, except I had 30 pokeballs, 10 Ultra Balls and 3 Great balls and caught Darkrai in pokeball.

I have a video on that particular Darkrai. I spent 15 minutes straight trying to catch it! (Yay, editing powers!)

Arti-fricking-Cuno and FR's safari zone Chansey. -_-

I've never had any problems with running pokemon, since i'm smart enough to ALWAYS bring a Mean Looker (aka my lvl 100 Crobat) when i'm hunting for them.

Catching Latias in Emerald will be a pain now that i've migrated my Crobat though. I guess i'll just train another one up a little -_-

Arti-fricking-Cuno and FR's safari zone Chansey. -_-

I've never had any problems with running pokemon, since i'm smart enough to ALWAYS bring a Mean Looker (aka my lvl 100 Crobat) when i'm hunting for them.

Catching Latias in Emerald will be a pain now that i've migrated my Crobat though. I guess i'll just train another one up a little -_-

REALLY!?!? ARTICUNO?!?! He was easy :p But at hate the fuckin Chansey.

FR: Suicune (I can't even find him :mad:)
E:Bleh. Baught all the legendarys except Latias cause I need the mystery gift D:
PMD: I got all of them but Celebi and jirachi Beacuse of the damn 99 florrs :mad:
PMD2: Mewtwo because hes a version exclusive and Darkrai D:
D: Got all of them, but I got Arceus semi-legit.
Pt: ZAPDOS!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...and Cresselia. I found her easy to catch in DP. I just haven't tried looking for her yet.

Giratina was no picnic for me.
The roaming pokemon are pretty easy. I put them to sleep, false swipe to 1hp, and don't trap them. I throw a Quick Ball when I come across it at that point and hope it works. They can't use Roost, still flee (so the Quick Ball always has a 4x bonus) , and I have about a 10% chance of catching it each time.

The safari Zone makes me wanna tear apart the next Yanma I see. STUPID SELFISH SON OF A BITCH!!! I GAVE YOU FOOD!!!! WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM ME!!!!!

I ran into a scenario where I couldn't catch Palkia in Platinum. Timer Balls were a Distant Memory. Ultra and Great balls had been depleted. Dusk balls were a bye-bye. All I had was 3 normal pokeballs and my Trusty Garchomp. All I did was let off a small Dragon Claw to get the health from Low-Green to maybe Red. I ended a Critical hit and Palkia was lost in the vaccume of Space.....

Does anyone know if Palkia and Dialga come back after so many weeks?

Any and all shinies. But mostly legends. I never get lucky. Ho-oh in Silver was a pain.

I just played Sapphire through again... had the most impossible time trying to catch Kyogre, cos my highest level Pokemon at the time was a level 37 Lunatone :( it took ages to catch him

REALLY!?!? ARTICUNO?!?! He was easy :p But at hate the fuckin Chansey.

Yeah, Articuno. I always seem to have the most trouble with it. Then Zapdos. I always have the easiest time catching Moltres.
Mewtwo is a pain too.

For some reason, I seem to have waaay more problems catching legendaries in FR/LG than in RSE or DPPt. Weird <_>

Rayquaza was so annoying. Got it all the way down to red, and had it asleep. I used so many ultra balls, I actually had to reset and start over.

Legendary Birds in platinum...

To the point where I still haven't.

Like everyone here, legendary Pokemon and those annoying Safari game ones.

I've had a particularly hard time with Chanseys in R/B/Y and FR/LG, Moltres (experienced the most problems with him), Giratina, Rayquaza, Mewtwo, and, like someone else said, freaking Beldums in Pearl.

I also didn't catch Lugia in Silver and saved after killing him... granted, I was 12 at the time and I learned my lesson about saving before bosses... haven't made the same mistake since.

Sapphire: Kyogre/Rayquaza
Emerald: Rayquaza
FireRed: Mewtwo
LeafGreen: same as above
D/P/Pt: Giratina, Azelf

Giratina in Platinum. Took me about seven resets to catch that thing. XD

Oh, and of course, the Legendary Birds in Platty. ><

Giratina in Platinum...I dind't buy enough poke balls sooo I had to reset a lot about 10 times as a matter of fact

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom