• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Children believe Sheep Lay Eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.
CRISPS MADE FROM PLASTIC!!! LMFAO!!!

Sheep DO have eggs.

Except we call them ova-*shot*

Yeah, but "laying" eggs is different than having them. In that case, nearly every animal has eggs, minus single celled orginisms and other microscopic lifeforms that split to multiply rather than mate.

@Showsni- Killing the calf isn't needed nor economical. >_> You'd need the bacteria more than some calf.

It is needed if you want to make cheese... I don't think you can extract a calf's stomach without killing it...

These days, of course, most rennet is made from genetically modified bacteria, fungi or yeast; but to make cheese traditionally, you pretty much have to kill a calf. There are some vegetable and mould based alternatives, though a gourmet would say that the taste suffers.

In 2008, 80-90% of the commercially produced cheese in the US used Genetically Modified (GM) sources of rennet.

Eh, it's the overprotective parents that're to blame. If the schools do try and tell them how babies are 'made', then they'll bitch about how their babies shouldn't be told that.

This is either funny or sad. I knew this when I was like what, 4?

Speaking about sex ed, they make it so that it is completely impossible to skip the class. You cannot skip a biology class, why should you be able to skip a sex ed class?

:dead:Jesus Christ! These kids think that ice cream comes from potatoes? And they believe sheep lay eggs?

Talk about the decline of education. When I was their age, I'm pretty sure I knew that chickens lay eggs and that beef comes from a cow.

It's not like they're asking kids a hard question like "Name all the presidents of Mexico." It's an easy question like "Where does milk come from?"

Someone ought to tell the British government about these kids' lack of knowledge.

Thuis says so much about out current education system
So much for
education
education
education

[/loses hope for humanity]

Seriously, now?

Drakon said:
Speaking about sex ed, they make it so that it is completely impossible to skip the class. You cannot skip a biology class, why should you be able to skip a sex ed class?
I agree.

Was this a multiple choice test? If so, it's not entirely accurate. Young children will often select the funniest answer (with an exception for nerds). If it was fill-in-the-blank it's a bit more worrying, but I wouldn't trust a study like this that relied on multiple choice.

I BLAME POKEMON.

"I don't know how it happened, despite being over 75 years old, but your Mareep had an egg!"

I always found that line amusing. Acting like he wasn't watching the whole time...

Last edited:
It angers me, I hate growing up alongside children who are stupid, who actually thinks that Bacon comes from Horses? You can tell by the strong taste.

How many kids are actually told where different food comes from anyway? I think some parents don't want kids to know they are eating an animal as they might think its wrong and not like to see those animals harmed as they like the animal and think its cute...like a lamb or a pig etc...

I honestly don't recall being taught were much food comes from, just picking it up here and there.

This is all pretty silly. the kids will learn soon enough. when i was younger i believed in magic'n what not. now? not so much.

This. :|

Okay, yeah, these kids maybe should know, but they're KIDS. Is this really something to like "UGH THESE KIDS ARE SO RETARDED" about? They will learn, they've got a LOT of their lives ahead of them for goodness sake.

And this whole "Oh well the animal's in the name" is pretty much wrong. We know beef refers to cows, but the word "cow" and "beef" don't even look similar. Bacon doesn't look or seem similar to "pig", and cheese to milk or cow. :| Why they chose other animals, I can't tell you, but I can tell you the words used in the food name don't look like the word for the animal's name. These are two separate words and due to it being a possibly touchy subject for parents, they don't teach them specifically.

who actually thinks that Bacon comes from Horses? You can tell by the strong taste.
I haven't tasted horse, but my mom said it tastes like sweeter but less flavorful beef.[/random]

Though I'm curious as to where they got the idea that it came from horses. Unless Akamadoushi has it....

We know beef refers to cows, but the word "cow" and "beef" don't even look similar.
Interestingly, they are, etymologically speaking, the same word.
Pomopteehee.gif
[/randomagain]

At school, people I know still think Bob Marley's alive and reckon Jay-Z's his son.....

Actually,it's the Brits who have the sucky education

im from Britan, and i agree xD, primary school has bad education, but high school isnt bad, it just depends on which school it is, and if anyone says all British children are dumb, im reporting them, cos i take that as an insult :mad: not all, just a few (1000)i wish we had american rules though, we have to wear uniform, oh, sorry, going off topic xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom