• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

3-d pokemon

Because, Pokemon is aimed at the older people, casual gamers, if they get rid of our favourite 2D feel we'll leave welll, I would, 3D would any bring in hardcore gamers, XBOX bummers, and I'll doubt that happen.

No, it's not. Pokemon is aimed at a younger casual audience who play for fun and know more about computers than their parents.

And how would 3D bring in Xbox people? It's pokemon. Most XBox bummers play Halo and stuff like that.

........If any 360/PS3 hardcore gamers/frat boys start playing Pokémon just because of a switch to 3D graphics, I'll eat my Golduck.

I'll eat my Giratina.... dammit, I bit RIGHT THROUGH IT!

No, it's not. Pokemon is aimed at a younger casual audience who play for fun and know more about computers than their parents.

And how would 3D bring in Xbox people? It's pokemon. Most XBox bummers play Halo and stuff like that.

This. I'll never, ever understand the gaming mentality that says "I'm a hardcore gamer because I play the BEST games ever, with the BEST graphics ever and it's rated T and up".:eek:hdear:

The point is it wouldn't. Nintendo fans in general are excepting of less than steller graphics, the people that care about them are the likes of people who play xbox. Switching to 3D would seem more like its trying to cater to them than the games' actual audience.

The point is it wouldn't. Nintendo fans in general are excepting of less than steller graphics, the people that care about them are the likes of people who play xbox. Switching to 3D would seem more like its trying to cater to them than the games' actual audience.

What kind of logic is that? Since when were Nintendo fans accepting of less than stellar graphics? We're Nintendo fans asking for them to get current with the graphics. You post makes no sense. Making 3D graphics would be more appealing to current fans and potential new fans.

None of the posts regarding graphics and other consoles and (of all things) fan's taste make sense. So I suggest we cut it out now before things get too off-topic.

I will say that if Game Freak does opt to go full 3-D (character models and all) and they manage to pull it off in such a way that isn't detracting from the game experience, then I'll give them major props.

Gen IV did it beautifully. I would be totally content if the graphics stayed like that.

What kind of logic is that? Since when were Nintendo fans accepting of less than stellar graphics? We're Nintendo fans asking for them to get current with the graphics. You post makes no sense. Making 3D graphics would be more appealing to current fans and potential new fans.

cornbread said it right, imo.

speak for yourself; it wouldn't be appealing to all of us.

to each his own. I like the current graphics all right, but they could be better.

3-D pokemon would be crap

so far this is the best 3-D on the ds

kingdomhearts358_nosologeeks.jpg

this is gameplay

Axel_Days.PNG

this is a CG render

don't dare tell me nintendo can top square's graphics

no contest

Last edited:
I suppose you haven't played Super Mario 64 DS, have you?

Square tried to go too complicated. The Nintendo DS has proven it can top N64 graphics time and time again in improved ports, and Pokemon Stadium 2 was a Nintendo 64 game. It is entirely plausible to match or surpass that due to Pokemon's simple graphics style, which relies more on animation and texturing than tiny details.

Square tried to go too complicated. The Nintendo DS has proven it can top N64 graphics time and time again in improved ports, and Pokemon Stadium 2 was a Nintendo 64 game. It is entirely plausible to match or surpass that due to Pokemon's simple graphics style, which relies more on animation and texturing than tiny details.

i agree to disagree :D

i've played it and even those graphics weren't that good. better than the original, for sure, but still not that good.

It is entirely plausible to match or surpass that due to Pokemon's simple graphics style, which relies more on animation and texturing than tiny details.

I agree. And from what I hear about them not utilizing the DS to it's full extent with the main handheld Pokemon games yet even after what they did with HG and SS, I definately think that they can try and pull it off.

What like some people on here have been saying, I also really like how it turned out in Gen IV. As far as making it look more 3D, I'd be easily pleased if all they changed was the camera view. As far as 3D graphics in Gen IV, Spear Pillar was definately one of my favorite examples of it. If the camera view was tilted a tiny bit upwards, that would've pwned... especially if you were looking at the Dialga and Palkia portals in Platinum.:drool:

Pokemon wouldn't be going that detailed though.

To be as detailed as the Kingdom Hearts graphics that have been shown? I couldn't say, I've never played those games before.:-/

But I don't see why they couldn't improve just a teeny-tiny bit on both the overworld landscape and overworld sprites, if they're not utilizing the DS enough to do it already like what some people have said. I'm easily pleased with how Gen IV turned out, so I'm not really anticipating a huge overhall in 3D graphics for Gen V... but 'tis to be expected that the graphics will be improved SOMEHOW for this new Generation. I really can't wait to see how these new games turn out to be.:crush:

There is one problem with the game going all 3D... It would piss off the sprite artists ^_^

Screw 3D,

why can't we just stick to how Pokemon Emerald looked.
It's much better than Diamon & Pearl. > ___>

2D is much better & suited for pokemon.

There is one problem with the game going all 3D... It would piss off the sprite artists ^_^

I think if they had any intelligence they would appreciate a graphics update more than their pseudo-art. The graphics get more detailed every Gen, I don't see how they could get any more detailed if they insist on retaining pixel art.

Hey, if the games, sprites and all, went 3D, it would make the character customization thing more doable.

I'd be happy with a roaming camera for the overworld, like the ability to move it 360* degrees and directly behind your character. For battles I'd love to see full 3D with directly controllable Pokemon, but not on the DS. A Wii game with that though, yes please.

I don't want the main Pokemon series to go 3D. Ever. For things like Pokemon Stadium and Snap (I haven't played a console Pokemon game since the N64), 3D is fine. But for the main series they should remain 2D, and remain handheld. Always. Pixels are pretty, and 2D fits the games so much better than 3D ever could. Maybe give the Pokemon full animations in battle and everything, rather than a few frames, but never 3D.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom