• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Fire-Type 5th Gen Predictions

A pyrokinesis
Let me guess, someone who can light stuff on fire/blow stuff up with their mind?
Also, I think a Fire/Ghost would be awesome, and could be some sort of fire spirit.

Last edited:
A Fire-Dancer would be neat for a Fire/Psychic.

I agree with V. We have too many legendaries and starter fire types.
12 are starters and 3 are legendaries. That's half the firetypes right there. I still think a Hyena would be a good fire type. Mightyena to me at least resembles more of a wooly wolf than anything else.
Here is my design: http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs51/f/2009/261/2/f/Hyember_Evolution_Line_by_JayXayne.jpg

Although I like the concept, it looks too much like the houndour/houndoom lines, and the poochyena/mightyena lines to look authentic. Also, the flaming tail for fire types is overused.

Funny. I always want more Fire-types... but never use them in-game, since I go through with the Fire starter.

How about a Fire/Steel? That way, it stands a chance with that damn Stealth Rock, which nerfed at least four types.

How about a Fire/Steel? That way, it stands a chance with that damn Stealth Rock, which nerfed at least four types.

Does Heatran ring a bell?

Like everyone else said, a Fire/Dragon would be neat. Especially if it has Levitate.

A Fire/Ghost would be based on the Hinotama.

Does Heatran ring a bell?

Like everyone else said, a Fire/Dragon would be neat. Especially if it has Levitate.

A Fire/Ghost would be based on the Hinotama.

1. Yes, but, we're talking about starters, not legendaries.

2. Stealth Rock will just drop on it.

3. What would be its species name: "Great Balls of Fire!" Pokemon? :naughty:

2. Stealth Rock will just drop on it.

Like it does to every other fire type...god, I hate that move. As if people needed yet another reason not to use fire types.

I myself created a line of Fire dragons...the first two stages are Fire/Flying, however. It was to be a pseudo-legendary.

Fire/Dragon's been said but I still want Fire/Electric (my two favorite types).

Sure it'd get raped by Earthquake but it'd still be awesome

Chimchar family is the Monkey King, so that was awesome.

I love fire types so good. I'd like to see more places to find them than volcanoes; maybe something artificial, like near a giant manmade kiln. (We do have factories for electric types!)

Fire/Electric would be awesome, or Fire/Bug. Have either one be a firefly or lightning bug; that'd be so neat. (Bug type legendary also needs to happen; if it was Fire/Bug I'd die of joy.)

Am I the only person in the universe who thinks Heatran is an okay legendary? D: We never called the Bird trio a waste, did we? Or Celebi, who's hard to find legitimately as it is? It's interesting to have more legendaries.

On the subject of more Fire Pokemon...hmm...A Pokemon based off the sun, who actually acts like a sun. ._. I'm looking at you, Mr. Rock/Psychic Solrock...

Fire/Bug evolutions for Illumise and Volbeat sound great! Or Bug/Electric makes more sense for them, doesn't it? D: In that case, Fire/Bug for fire ants is where it's at!

And maybe for Fire/Ghost, a Will O' Wisp ghost would be cute! Ghost types are lacking too, so this could be a 3-stager like the Duskull line.

If there's gonna be a Fire/Dragon, he oughta be the pseudo-legendary of the generation. D:

Am I the only person in the universe who thinks Heatran is an okay legendary? D: We never called the Bird trio a waste, did we? Or Celebi, who's hard to find legitimately as it is? It's interesting to have more legendaries.

On the subject of more Fire Pokemon...hmm...A Pokemon based off the sun, who actually acts like a sun. ._. I'm looking at you, Mr. Rock/Psychic Solrock...

Fire/Bug evolutions for Illumise and Volbeat sound great! Or Bug/Electric makes more sense for them, doesn't it? D: In that case, Fire/Bug for fire ants is where it's at!

And maybe for Fire/Ghost, a Will O' Wisp ghost would be cute! Ghost types are lacking too, so this could be a 3-stager like the Duskull line.

If there's gonna be a Fire/Dragon, he oughta be the pseudo-legendary of the generation. D:

Somehow imo, a fire bug seems like a failure. 4x weakness to rock, 2x weakness to flying, water and nuetrality to ground, and fire doesnt seem like a good thing.

Fire ghost makes sense, in fact i'm surprised it hasn't been attempted yet.

A fire dragon imo would most likely be pseudo legandary, or else be like a new flygon

Am I the only person in the universe who thinks Heatran is an okay legendary? D:
Why yes, I believe you are.

Somehow imo, a fire bug seems like a failure. 4x weakness to rock, 2x weakness to flying, water and nuetrality to ground, and fire doesnt seem like a good thing.
Well mister, uh, Nameicantpronounce, it doesn't matter what the typing adds up to. The idea is to have just another cool type combo. Sure, it'd be no friend of Stealth Rock's, but that shouldn't be a factor in making a Pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom