• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocketshipping General Discussion

Musashi

Clap Clap
Reaction score
To start off this new thread, I'd like to repost something I said in the last one. It's where Rocketshipping started and how far its come.

Original series
We start off with two crooks that are out to steal rare and valuable Pokemon. We later learn in the shipwreck arc that they care for each other as more than just partners, and the bond continues to show even more in Guardie and Kojiro. Musashi learns that Kojiro would never leave her for money, but that changes a bit later... We continue on with fearhugs and stuff throughout OI and Jouto... but at the end of it all, nothing has really changed.

Advanced Generation
Musashi begins doing Contest, cause a rift between her and Kojiro. Musashi sucks at them, cheats, and even abuses Kojiro's Pokemon. Kojiro seems to be becoming more disinterested in her. Near the end of the series we learn that Kojiro doesn't want to marry Musashi, but Musashi doesn't feel the same way... she still cheats and sucks at Contests, so once again, nothing really changed since the beginning of the series. The break up for a bit, but that just reaffirms their bond more than actual character development. Again, nothing really changes due to that episode.

Diamond and Pearl
We pick up where we left off last time. Musashi decides to stick with one persona and doesn't cheat at first. When that doesn't work, she has Kojiro and Nyasu rig a Contest. However, they never do, but Musashi wins anyway! Kojiro theorizes it's because the pressure was off Musashi so she could relax and just be herself.

Eventually Musashi find out she won the Contest on her own. She gets kinda a big head about it and bombs the next two. I guess she gets it through her head that she should practice and just be herself again, (I wish Tomioka had been more clear on this) and she ends up winning her second ribbon!

Pausing Contests for a bit, we have yet another break up episodes. This one, however, is it a bit different. It impacts Kojiro in that he seems to think only the hope of success as a team is keeping them together. He becomes extremely pro Rocket-Dan and starts taking charge more often. We once again revisit Musashi's fear that Kojiro would leave her for money. It's unclear whether she finally understands that he never would.

Back to Contests. Due to the success of them (and possibly Kojiro being in her shoes, it's hard to say right now.) Kojiro becomes much more supportive and no longer has any problem with Musashi doing them or even using his Pokemon! He also seems to think she actually has realistic chances to win now. However, he becomes confused whenever she puts this above Rocket-Dan work. Which brings to where we are now. On the cusp of Musashi winning her fifth and final ribbon, and entering the Grand Festival.

Re: General Discussion - Rocketshipping!

damnyounyasu.gif

Rocketshipping is my (and many others') OTP. <3 Let's continue talking about Musashi and Kojiro's relationship here!

Like we have been speculating before, I think our next shipping point will be the Grand Festival - unless the fifth ribbon is an episode heavily focused on Musashi, we might have a chance there.

Now that's the right start, RG! ;D

Like we have been speculating before, I think our next shipping point will be the Grand Festival - unless the fifth ribbon is an episode heavily focused on Musashi, we might have a chance there.
Unless? I'm not sure if I understood you right, but I've thought that we have greater chances for Rocketshipping here if the 5th ribbon episode is focused on Musashi. My logic works like that: the more Team Rocket = the better chance for Rocketshipping.

Or am I missing some point here?

*remembers something* Ah, I think I know what you mean now. Musashi-centred episode don't tend to be shippy, yeah... But I don't think that writers use it as a rule, really. Blissey episode and Dokucale episode weren't shippy even though they had potential (especially considering that Takegami wrote them), but I wouldn't blame for that the fact they were Musashi=centred episodes ^^; The first one happened in Johto, the second in early DP and Rocketshipping wasn't regular at these times. Now, when Rocketshipping came back to its glory and writers are a little more consequential, so I would raise my hopes up a little for Rocketshipping a if this episode turns to be focused on Musashi.

But in case 5th ribbon turns to be Musashi-centred episode and won't be Rocketshippy, I'll probbaly start to consider that there's some kind of weird rule... But really, I don't know why it should have any sense... Any ideas? Hmmm...

Awww Rocketshipping <3

Our best bet for the next shipping point is probably her 5th ribbon or the grand festival like we've all been saying. But I find it so much more fun when we get a hint in a random episode, an episode where nothing was expected. That just makes it all so much more exciting!

And now that I think about Jeska, you're right, shipping usually doesn't happen in Musashi centered episodes, it happens more in team-centric episodes. I think.

Unless? I'm not sure if I understood you right, but I've thought that we have greater chances for Rocketshipping here if the 5th ribbon episode is focused on Musashi. My logic works like that: the more Team Rocket = the better chance for Rocketshipping.

Or am I missing some point here?
Oopsie. I phrased my sentence in the wrong way, sorry. I mean if the fifth ribbon is a Musashi focused episode, there might be Rocketshipping etc. But you're right in what you said about Kojiro being in the background in Musashi episodes.

One of my dream scenes in Grand Festival would be Kojiro saying that "he wishes he had been more supportive of Musashi". I know I'm ripping RG's fic off, but he should realize how much contest mean to Musashi and feel a little guilty maybe. It would be nice if Musashi admitted that her relationship to contests has changed too; remember how it used to be (only) about being famous (and getting an acting/singing career)? Now it seems she really is aiming for top-coordinating instead of that. Kojiro could be even more prouder of her if she realized that herself. ^_^ Getting my hopes way too up again...

It makes sense that they would try to stray from shipping in character-centered episodes; unless the character revolves around their main ship, of course.

ANYHOW I, like most all here, adore Rocketshipping. I'm absolutely excited to see Musashi get her 5th ribbon, and even more so for the Grand Festival.

Mentioning the amount of Rocketshipping in the different seasons, I can't deny that Kanto is still my favorite. Maybe it's just because of nostalgia, but still. The hugging made it a very immature romance which attracted my little-kid self.

But now DP is taking a turn for the better and although they hug a lot less, their relationship is turning more...deep? That's not the word I want to use but I'll go for it. I was never a big fan of contests until I saw Musashi's performances, she makes 'em better and Kojiro's growing supportiveness is definitely squeal-worthy :D

[/is this the kind of post I should be going for?]

[edit]
It would be nice if Musashi admitted that her relationship to contests has changed too; remember how it used to be (only) about being famous (and getting an acting/singing career)?

Maybe this is just based on my obsession with DP073, but couldn't Astin/no name have had something to do with it too? I'm basically referencing my own fanfic, but I'd love if that were true. Of course, since he is just "no name" in the original, I doubt he'll come into play again. But it's cute how he wanted to become a coordinator and then Musashi goes to be a coordinator XD ANYHOW that's just me being a multishipper again -3- I think a romantic interest for Musashi other than Kojiro would be great for Rocketshipping though.

Awww Rocketshipping <3

Our best bet for the next shipping point is probably her 5th ribbon or the grand festival like we've all been saying. But I find it so much more fun when we get a hint in a random episode, an episode where nothing was expected. That just makes it all so much more exciting!
Yeah, it's great, since it's unexpected :3 But we rarely have a chance to get major stuff in a random episode. It's the most often just minor stuff, like handholding or hugs.

And now that I think about Jeska, you're right, shipping usually doesn't happen in Musashi centered episodes, it happens more in team-centric episodes. I think.
Yeah, but still, this "rule" doesn't seem to affect Kojiro-centric episodes. *think* Ok, I've been thinking about Holy Matrimony... But what more shippy Kojiro-centric episodes we got? xD; So I guess that HM is the only exception (thought DP054 had some cute stuff in it, and we know how much Musashi wanted to comfort Kojiro in DP055)... But maybe we'll get an exception for an episode focused on Musashi, too? Who knows...

So now, I wonder why episodes focused on just one of them don't tend to be shippy. Team-centric ones have more potential since their main focus the power of love friendship, so I guess it's easier to include shippy scenes. Any other ideas?

So now, I wonder why episodes focused on just one of them don't tend to be shippy. Team-centric ones have more potential since their main focus the power of love friendship, so I guess it's easier to include shippy scenes. Any other ideas?
I guess there's no time for romantic stuff there. The balloon scene in EP048 was really near the ending, and surprisingly there was time for it... The one-character episodes use their time for explaining the character backgrounds and showing the featured Pokémon. I agree with what PaperHorse said earlier: little shippy scenes in random episodes are the best! I strongly doubt we will ever get an episode where romance between humans is the main thing... But there always can be something like Love&Youth and DP117. <3

I think that pretty much hit the nail on the head about our increase in Rocketshipping. Like you guys have been saying, Contests were more Musashi focused, so there wasn't any time for shipping. (Especially since Hikari is the real focus of those episodes anyway.)

But remember what Musashi said during the two parter where Hikari got her final ribbon. Before the Contest started, she said something about "the Rocket-Dan becoming one". They aren't entirely about her anymore, but as a team. Team episodes do tend to be on the shippy side since the writers finally get to spend time on the bond they all have with each other.

I think Tomioka will continue to expand upon this Contests being a team thing even more once we get to the 5th ribbon/Grand Festival. Things can only get better from here. :)

I also agree on loving all the unexpected hints we get. As much I love spoiling myself, it is more fun to get an unexpected hint since we don't have time to build it up in our heads only to be disappointed first. :p

I guess there's no time for romantic stuff there. The balloon scene in EP048 was really near the ending, and surprisingly there was time for it...

Yeah, that's true! The animator(s) spent a long time showing the rockets staring at each other, with no dialogue. That few extra seconds says so much.

But remember what Musashi said during the two parter where Hikari got her final ribbon. Before the Contest started, she said something about "the Rocket-Dan becoming one". They aren't entirely about her anymore, but as a team. Team episodes do tend to be on the shippy side since the writers finally get to spend time on the bond they all have with each other.

I think Tomioka will continue to expand upon this Contests being a team thing even more once we get to the 5th ribbon/Grand Festival. Things can only get better from here. :)

That's right! I think the "Rocket-Dan becoming one" quote is super important. Maybe I might be over thinking it, but although it is very subtle and might be easily overlooked, it shows how much Musashi cares for Kojiro, and even Nyasu. And I agree, I also think that might foreshadow a much larger team effort in Musashi contests, making their bond even stronger because they will feel good about themselves and gain more confidence because they will be winning. More confidence in themselves, and in each other, and the development of a stronger bond will lead to more shippy moments.

Re: General Discussion - Rocketshipping

I was browsing Rocketshipping pictures and found this scan:
ensemble.jpg
Anyone know what they say? I only know they aren't saying each others' sames. And for a Hinoarashi focused episode that was something special. xD Reminds me of DP143 (where Hikari got a Hinoarashi too, weird) in a way...

Hey everybody, back from the unknown =) I really missed you guys and the thread and the first thing I saw, that it was closed oO Luckily the whole situation was explained to me by Jeska (thanks again) =) Shame that we lost our old thread, but since we are very active with our speculations (when we get the time of course) I can see us reaching page 600 soon.

@Musashi: I really loved your summary about RocketShipping and especially that you really focused just on the big changes their bond had make. It is good to see the development of their relationship.

Than I was a little bit disappointed about the recent episode...it was really awesome that Jessie won another ribbon and that Seviper got a little focus and succsess as well. And I loved their appeal, it was really amazing, but the main focus was really boring, and we couldn't see anything of Sevipers battle =(

I really hope, when she gets her fifth ribbon the main focus is just on Jessie, she deserves it. After all, she never got the focus completely when she won a ribbon.
Of course I hope of some rocketshipping scenes as well. The only shipping episode with Jessie-Focus I can remember atm is Princess vs Princess. But I can't speculate what kind of scene I would prefere =) The authors really tend to surprise me with their ideas (like in DP117) but I also like the idea, that James regretts his unsupportive attitude with contest (at least in the beginning). I think his actions show more than words how his opinion on contests changed.

ensemble.jpg

Awww, I love that picture, it is just too cute <3

That is definitely one of my favorite shippy moments. The first time I saw that episode and Kojiro took her hands my heart almost exploded and I couldn't stop smiling for awhile (although that tends to happen with every shippy moment)

It was just too sweet because Kojiro showed so much concern for Musashi's well being in that little moment.

The only shipping episode with Jessie-Focus I can remember atm is Princess vs Princess. But I can't speculate what kind of scene I would prefere =) The authors really tend to surprise me with their ideas (like in DP117) but I also like the idea, that James regretts his unsupportive attitude with contest (at least in the beginning). I think his actions show more than words how his opinion on contests changed.

Hi Tuska!

I totally forgot about Princess Vs Princess! And that's another moment where Kojiro expressed his concern over Musashi :) And yes, I agree with you I think his actions do speak louder than words sometimes in his attitudes about the contests. Showing his support through cheering is good enough to understand how much he supports her now.

ensemble.jpg
Anyone know what they say? I only know they aren't saying each others' sames. And for a Hinoarashi focused episode that was something special. xD Reminds me of DP143 (where Hikari got a Hinoarashi too, weird) in a way...

Ahh, that's one of the cutest screenies ever. <3

Anyway, yes, I adore Rocketshipping. I know I don't talk about it as often as I do with my OTP (Poke) but Rocketshipping is indeed one of my favorite ships ever. It's amazingly sweet and adorable, and just impossible not to love. ^__^

I know I didn't post as much in the old thread, but I'm hoping to break tradition and post here when I can.

I totally forgot about Princess Vs Princess! And that's another moment where Kojiro expressed his concern over Musashi :) And yes, I agree with you I think his actions do speak louder than words sometimes in his attitudes about the contests. Showing his support through cheering is good enough to understand how much he supports her now.
There could always be something like that in the Grand Festival: if not a really shippy line, then at least some sweet gesture to make her feel better. I'm sure Kojiro will think of something cute. I actually want it to be something animation-wise, because then there's a smaller chance the dub writers would ruin it, lol. Hmm, maybe we could have a topic about this:

Do you want the possible Grand Festival shippyness to be dialogue-heavy or an "action speaks louder than words" thing?

And nice to see you here again, Dana!

XD

I was confused at first...But I think it's kinda nice having a new thread. :) Like, a fresh start...

ensemble.jpg

Oh. That episode was adorable! <3 I might've just seen the caps on RG's site, but still. :D

That scene just looks very thoughtful, and sweet!

...And you mean "roarroar,stompstompstomp", right? ;)

EDIT:

Every time I post lately, I make a new page. :p

Woah, new thread.

I was already confused with the brand new layout xD I had to check a few times to see if I was on the right site.

Anyways I been gone a few days, I came as a newbie so some of you might not know me ;; haha..

Anyways, upon my return back home from camp I decided to bring you guys a gift.

jessjamhugmeowthshockjk.jpg

a doodle for you! James is obviously in PJ's :'Y Jess is in her bra? idk? Meowth is in the background not sure what to think of the snuggle, haha.

I probably got the colors wrong, but I blame the yellow/orange lighting.

Below is the sketch.

Okay, gotta go do homework now, hope this put a little smile on your faces :'Y ?

a doodle for you! James is obviously in PJ's :'Y Jess is in her bra? idk? Meowth is in the background not sure what to think of the snuggle, haha.

D'awwww! That's so cute! That really made my day. Now I feel the urge to write some RocketShipping fanfiction~.

D'awwww! That's so cute! That really made my day. Now I feel the urge to write some RocketShipping fanfiction~.

Thanks Hun :'D <3 glad it made your day.

ensemble.jpg

(1)ついにこの日が来たのね。。
(2)N/A
(3)にゃーたちの栄光の

(1)This day has finally come/ This day finally came
Tsuini ko no hi ga kita no ne...
(2) Can't figure out the kanji here, the furigana is blurred and I tried to guess but it... didn't work :'|
If anyone can tell me what the first furigana on the _?_よう is and と_?_ then I'll translate, it's not き or を since no matter how much I try the kanji there wont show up when I type that in.
(3)Nya~ Our glory (I think the rest is cut off? the literal translation is "Nya~, we [possesive] glory [possesive]")

Sorry I can't do much for you xD; my Japanese sucks, but at least you know what Jess is saying?

EDIT:
That reminds me

Maybe Meowth is so "?!" in the picture I drew because from behind it might look really... suggestive in his POV xD with his hands behind Jess, probably touching her bra and his face smack in her chest haha...

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom