• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

So your Pokemon's reactions can change depending on your location

Geodude

Protecting Gotham City
Reaction score
And there are a lot of different reactions you can get when you talk to the Pokemon following you, depending on where you are or other factors. For example in any Pokemon Center you'll get a message about how it's stretching and relaxing. In the Burned Tower for the first time, it's concerned about the bottom floor. In the Breeding Center for the first time, it's concerned about the other side of the fence. None of this really means anything, but it's a neat little addition.

Anyone find any cute/interesting reactions so far?

They always say they want to check out the tree on the route Sudowoodo is at...even after you've caught it.

In the bellsprout tower,you may also have one saying "[pokemon name] is dancing arond the pillar!" .

my slowpoke blushed at me
I don't generally say "awww" but today I did

I'm enjoying this feature a lot

They always say they want to check out the tree on the route Sudowoodo is at...even after you've caught it.

Odd. I bet that was a mistake.

A guy on another board said his Charmeleon was "alarmed at the rain." Cool.

I like those other reactions, I'll have to try and get them myself.

oh
my miltank was "interested' in amphy the sick ampharos
I thought that was weird/neat

My Ampharos was interested too... <3

Also, my nidoking was playfully poking my in the national park. A nidoking... yeah...

I haven't got anything totally awesome. I need to check though how they react in the ruins of alph.

In route 35's thin grassy part, my Ambipom started roaring and said that it's claustrophobic. I d'aaaaaw'd so much~ ♥ *hugs Ambipom*

I didn't pay attention during the amphy thing. D: Silly me.

My Wooper likes the rain, and plays in puddles. X3

I also Love it when my pokemon hugs and cuddles me. X3

My Bayleef on HG likes the rain. It seems that all Fire types don't like the rain, too, my Quilava on SS gets rather irked at it.

Heh, my Quilava just spun in a circle... for no reason. Safari Zone.

I just played some more around the area. My pokemon smell the smoke of Azalea's Charcoal Kiln. They seem to do a lot of things in a cave. They tend to bump into you, stand guard, or become composed. I think my Quilava almost tripped in Union Cave, but I couldn't get it to do it again. My Quilava also evidently hates puddles. Nothing else I could find other than I think my Flaaffy has a crush on me. It spontaneously hugs and blushes at me.

When I visited mother right after I got Chikorita, it said it was concerned about her. Chikorita also didn't like caves, and Falkner's gym.

Eevee keeps poking my bag, and an option comes up to scold it or not-- I always choose not to, and it then says Eevee thinks it's funny to do so. It started doing that after I got it to start liking me some.

Hehe, my Magmar when at the LoR got annoyed at being out in the rain, but when near the ocean was quite fine. I wonder how fire type pokemon react on Cinnabar Island.

I think for the most part, Pokemon have the same reactions, with a few differences among certain ones.

My Pokemon was absolutely terrified of the Rocket base.

They play in the winds around New Bark Town.

At the top of the Radio Tower or Lighthouse, they watch the sunset or sunrise with you.

Get them near the water's edge and they'll splash around.

Your Pokemon will feel like dancing at the Dance Theater.

Seems like Water Pokemon want to go for a swim in the Lake of Rage.

oh
my miltank was "interested' in amphy the sick ampharos
I thought that was weird/neat

My AMpharos was also interested. I thought it was because of being from the same species, but it seems it wasn't. So... are we getting a new HSOWA??

My Typhlosion loves to dance and if I remember, all of my Pokémon enjoyed "seeing the red sky" on the top floor of the Radio Tower (were you fight Archer), as well as the musice in the Dance Theater.

could these things have anything to do with natures?

According to the guide that goes along for the games, responses are created based upon these factors:
-- current HP
-- friendship
-- mood (happiness)
-- status
-- species
-- held item
-- performance
-- type
-- current location
-- weather
-- time
-- nearby objects like rocks and trees

My pokemon like to poke at my belly...

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom