• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pearlshipping General Discussion

PK I'm BAAACK~

You just got PK'd
Reaction score
Welcome to the pearlshipping general discussion! Here we will talk about the relationship between Ash and Dawn!

Dawn is a coordinator who first came on the show during 'DP'. D = Diamond and P= Pearl. She first met Ash in the third DP episode 'When Pokemon Worlds Collied!'

Ash is a trainer who first came on the show in the very first episode of the original series. The episode was "I Choose You!" Since then he journeyed through different regions. Only until Sinnoh did he meat Dawn for the first time.

YOU DO NOT HAFT TO JOIN THIS THREAD! SO JUST POST WITHOUT STARTING A FLAMEWAR! (codename: 'Flamming')

YESSS! It's back!... I guess we'll start with the oldest topic in the book...

Why do you like pearlshipping?

I like it because of all those little cute moments they get. Like in dp 167 which WAS going to get one *glares at Brock while holding a bazooka*. There are other ones though... Our most known one must be the miltank episode... But I also like their interactions! and that duet just yelled go on here XD

Alright! So guys, what do you think?... Also, I'll answer the latest topic that was on the old thread!

Who would you rather have jealous, Dawn or Ash?

I'd rather have Dawn jealous. I think we all know that they are both equal in terms of chance of getting with anyone. All because their near equally dense with love. T_T But just for the fact that Dawn is sooo much more shippable now'a days rather then Ash. The longer Dawn stays, the more competition. *cough*RepeatedStory,SheIsJustLikeAsh*cough* The more time she stays, the more less romance aware she'll probably get. It'd be nice to know that she actually got jealous and of all people make it Ash! PLEASE!!!

Last edited:
Yay, I feel glad I contributed to it's comeback

Why do you like pearlshipping?

It is a very cute ship with a large amount of hints on both sides. I love the way Dawn obviously cares for Ash and Ash wondering why she's like that. Lyra was a good thing for PearlShipping as she made it obvious to the audience, a bit like when Ash and May had that tag battle and that huge argument.

Without a doubt, I would prefer Dawn to be jealous over Ash. She has always seemed the fighting type whenever she doesn't get her way and I reckon that could nicely carry over to a possible (and hopeful) crush on Ash!

Oh YAY!!!!!! It's back!!! I'll start with the very first topiv and fanart!!

Why do you like Pearlshipping?

I like pearlshipping because of the such strong friendship
between Ash and Dawn, the hints for pearlshipping seem more real and romantic than other shipping hints to me(it's not bashing any other ship!!) And it's just so darn cute!! XD Fanart!!

Person on DSi says hi! I'm so happy this thread is back! I'm glad I helped with getting it back too!

{B}What got you into pearlshipping?{B/}

I like how cute they are together!!! They seem to be perfect for eachother, since they get along so well. Then there's the fact that they are always looking out for eachother. Even after fighting in the beginning, they became quick friends. Then/now they seem like bestfriends! I think there is something there! Like their first high five was focused and showed spark. Mean something?

Uh, Utaukukai, may you please credit the website that you got that fanart from? I believe that's 1 of the rules from the headmaster.

Why do you like Pearlshipping?

The possible coupling of Satoshi and Hikari amazed me since DP episode 4 aired. Since then, the interactions between the 2 are more common throughout the DP series (found in most episodes) so I took the time to analyze them closely. Plus, like many said, it's an adorable coupling and I'm very glad they're spending a lot of their time together, given Hikari was made a more leading secondary protagonist than the previous girls.

I loved how they look together and I'm anticipating on the writer's efforts on increasing their relationship.

^ Oh!! I am sooo sorry!! I forgot about that!! I got that pic from photobucket!! They have the best pearlshipping pics there! Please forgive me for endangering the pearlshipping thread!!
To show my sorryness topic!!

If ash and dawn organized or attended a dance what do you think might happen?

If they attended the dance ash probably woulden't not know how to dance and dawn could teach him!

Let's see, I agree with the above. Ash probably knows how to dance like a crazy maniac, but never a proper dance, so Dawn would most likely get a bit ticked off with that information and be his dance partner, in which Ash would get confused and a cute moment would happen.

^ Oh!! I am sooo sorry!! I forgot about that!! I got that pic from photobucket!! They have the best pearlshipping pics there!
Photobucket =/= where it came from. Photobucket might be where you found it, but it's not where it's from. *sigh*

Is there something about these art rules people are not picking up? I need to know, so it can be communicated straighter. Maybe with diagrams.

Love that question!!!! I thought about that in the past, but I forgot!!
Well, those answers are great, but I think that maybe if Dawn lost the Grand Festival(pretending the dance takes place after), she would be sad, Ash would notice and he would invite Dawn to dance, and Dawn would be a little nervous, confused, and a little animated.

Sorry for writing 'would' so much!!!

Photobucket =/= where it came from. Photobucket might be where you found it, but it's not where it's from. *sigh*

Is there something about these art rules people are not picking up? I need to know, so it can be communicated straighter. Maybe with diagrams.

It may be that the main rules are alot easier to remember while art may not seem as important in the main scheme of things. I'm not cursing your judgement or anything and I certainly know that your the boss around here and I obviously respect that. but you can clearly see that the person who broke the rules is clearly sorry and I'm sure a quick reminder will suffice.

Back on topic, here's a nice and simple PearlShipping question

Who do you think would confess to the other side and how would they do it?

For me, it's obviously Dawn. Ash is WAY too dense to do something like that and to be honest, he may not recognise his feelings until Dawn tells him hers. These Ships are the perfect example of the Anime writers needing to do a bit more on the character development side of things. Especially for Ash. In my opinion, if Dawn confessed, it would be a particularly random moment or completely out of the blue as Lyra pretty much proved how dense she is.

It may be that the main rules are alot easier to remember while art may not seem as important in the main scheme of things. I'm not cursing your judgement or anything and I certainly know that your the boss around here and I obviously respect that. but you can clearly see that the person who broke the rules is clearly sorry and I'm sure a quick reminder will suffice.
o_O I already warned her; that's not the issue. I need to know if people in general are not understanding the art rules. So I don't have to keep on dishing out warnings, warnings which will turn into infractions. <- We want to avoid that last bit.

o_O I already warned her; that's not the issue. I need to know if people in general are not understanding the art rules. So I don't have to keep on dishing out warnings, warnings which will turn into infractions. <- We want to avoid that last bit.

Coming from a guy who knows a fair share about memory it could be that the art rules are a fair amount in length. The human mind only remembers 20% of what it reads at the most, and that's without any other distractions. It may be that people are forgetting the rules because they are too long. I'm sure you remember the rules perfectly or much better because you wrote them (or typed them in essence it's the same) and writing is a far better method of storing things in the memory banks. Try simplifying the art rules a tad and get the people to read them again. The response should be better.

Hope I helped :)

ooooh! I found this AWSOME pearlshipping video! It's pretty cool what the creater did to the colors! Plz watch!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGAZtrwJVaU

Who do you think would confess to the other and how?
Obviously, Dawn would! I think it would happen either:
a) after Ash saves her from some huge freakin' thingamajig (IDK what) and she realizes she loves him and tells him. Or...
b) As they go their seperate ways ( *sniffle* ) Dawn kisses him and then run/walks/rides/IKD's away :( sad.

~Shinju/Pearl

I for my part would like to see Satoshi becoming jealous because this finally would show that he cares about the other gender.

What got you into pearlshipping?

Well, an old one but I loved it since the Cheer leading in Oreburgh Gym.

Come on guys! This thread is a virtual Ghost town!

Do you think "LagomorphShipping" (PikachuxBuneary) is a good hint for PearlShipping?

I actually am half and half on this. Half of me says "Yeah, Pokemon reflect the feelings of their trainers" yet the other half is saying "Buneary fell in love with Pikachu before Dawn caught her" So I dunno, what do you guys think?

Come on guys! This thread is a virtual Ghost town!

Agreed... But atleast we can post now... But like Hun said, don't try to get tons of posts like it's a competition. *shrugs*

Do you think "LagomorphShipping" (PikachuxBuneary) is a good hint for PearlShipping?

Well... I believe Lagomorphshipping its self is a seperate ship. However, as pikachulover stated before in the old thread (or somewhere else I was lurking), it has a tendancy to give us hints! You konw trainers and pokemon kinda are alike.. Well, you've heard the saying, "Monkey see, Monkey do". It's kinda like that hint wise. We help eachother with hints as two seperate ships.

Agreed... But atleast we can post now... But like Hun said, don't try to get tons of posts like it's a competition. *shrugs*

Well... I believe Lagomorphshipping its self is a seperate ship. However, as pikachulover stated before in the old thread (or somewhere else I was lurking), it has a tendancy to give us hints! You konw trainers and pokemon kinda are alike.. Well, you've heard the saying, "Monkey see, Monkey do". It's kinda like that hint wise. We help eachother with hints as two seperate ships.

I'm not calling it a competition by any stretch of the imagination it's just I really want to have a conversation about PearlShipping!

I also like your statement on LagomorphShipping, they complement each other very well.

Do you think LagomorphShipping is a good hint for PearlShipping?
Yes. I think I made a similar post about VineShipping/AdvanceShipping in the AdvanceShipping Thread. Monkey See Monkey do? Anyone? well if 2 pokemon fall in love it's said that their trainers do too? Am i right?

Anyway, heres a little fic I scribbled out in my spare time. Hope you enjoy it and rate/comment!
Bad Dreams
A PearlShipping Oneshot

The contest hall was filled with many bustling people cheering on the spectacle before them. Dawn stood their in her trademark Pink dress. She cursed under her breath, she knew they weren’t cheering for her, they were cheering for the girl with Peach coloured hair and a black dress on the other side of the hall. Dawn shouted to her Piplup who was currently lying injured on the floor of the contest field. Ursula laughed evilly, and then smiled at her Gabite, who landed gracefully aftr launching the Aerial ace attack that had now caused Piplup to bleed under its left wing.
“Piplup! Use your Whirlpool!” Dawn desperately cried to here longest companion.
The Tiny penguin pokemon stood up painfully, and then started to slowly spin. A massive, rotating cone of water formed above him then he threw it with all his might.
“Gabite! Stone Edge” cried Ursula. The pokemon, which resembled a cross between a Dinosaur, a Shark and a jet plane, wound back its arm. Out of nowhere sharp, knife-like stones appeared around it and as it launched its clawed limb forward, the stones flew through their incredibly fast. They ripped through the whirlpool like a knife through butter, and then started to spin around Piplup like circling Vultures. Before Piplup could do anything, the sharpened rocks turned blade-forward, and shot into the poor little blue creature. Gabite and its owner chuckled villainously. The dust and water cleared to reveal Piplup, bleeding from its left Wing, beak, just above the right eye and it’s right foot, trying to painfully get up, but to no-avail.
“Piplup! Please get up! Please!” Dawn cried tearfully to her little blue friend. The creature slowly hoisted itself up, blood dripping onto the floor. It refused to let it’s owner down. Dawn smiled at its courage, but seemed to forget that next to Gabite, Piplup looked like a tiny blue speck. Probably those in the backseat of the audience wouldn’t even see it.
“Piplup! Try a peck attack! Go!” Dawn shouted her final command. Piplups beak glowed white ad grew to 2x it’s normal size. It took a pitiful leap at Gabite’s arm, but the Cave Pokemon easily blocked the attack with no ill affect. With one single sweep of its Claw, Piplup was sent Skyward, completely limp.
“Now Gabite! Take it home with Dragon Rage!” cried Ursula. The beast opened its mouth to release an enormous ball of Scarlet Fire. The massive blast hit Piplup like a wrecking ball, pushing it towards it’s trainer. Dawn couldn’t move as the gigantic fireball hit her as well as Piplup, and it’s raging path was only stopped by the arena wall, where it exploded upon Impact.
Dawn could feel her skin peel away as she was consumed by the flames. He dress was blackened and mostly burnt off. Piplup was in her arms. It’s eyes were closed, it’s body was cold, it was completely Limp and Lifeless. The Smoke cleared to reveal Gabite standing just 4 meters away from her. The Spotlights from behind it shone away. She felt very, very cold in it’s long Shadow. She heard Ursula cackling like a witch evilly from behind.
“now Gabite! Finish them both with Dragon Claw!”
Without hesitation, the monstrous reptile lunged at Dawn, it’s claws glowing brightly with an eerie turquoise shade. Tears fell uncontrollably from her eyes. She was about to die. Gabite reeled its arm back, aiming for her head. It swiped across her vision.
Dawn Screamed.

And then she woke up. She covered her mouth to avoid waking anyone up with her yelp. She looked around the room. Piplup, totally fine, slept curled up at the end of her bed. In the corner of the room, Mamoswine slept soundly, Cyndaquil curled up In one of its tusks. Leaning back to back beside Mamoswine, Pachuristu and Buneary snored quietly. Dawn wiped her sweating head and lay down on her pillow. She closed her eyes and turned in her bed trying to get back to sleep, but it was futile. 3:00 in the morning, sweaty and sticky, and unable to get to sleep. This was a nightmare in itself.
“urgh…hmm….I know, I’ll go and have a little something to eat and drink” She thought to herself. So she silently crept out of the bedroom, past Ash and Brock’s room and Into the apartment’s kitchen. She opened the fridge door, poured herself a glass of Milk and a Cookie, and sat at the table. Just as she was about to crunch down on her Cookie, she noticed a figure standing in the Doorway.
“Ash? Is that You?”
“Hey Dawn. Mind if I join you?” Ash said, walking into the dull lit Kitchen. Both were in their Pyjamas, and both had faint Blush’s across their cheeks.
“Errmmm…Sure, why not?”
Ash dove into the fridge and emerged with a mountainous pile of Cookies and a large glass of Milk. Dawn rolled her eyes, then giggled.
“So, why are you down here Dawn?” ash asked, an almost concerned tone in his voice. If it wasn’t for the Cookie he was munching on she could have almost mistaken it for a heartfelt tone.
Dawn was a little embarrassed. Having a Midnight snack after a bad dream was something a little kid would do.
“I...erm…I…I had a craving for some Cookies and Milk” She said. She was almost proud of herself for that one.
“Hmm…That’s strange. I came down here looking for you. I could have sworn I heard you screaming. Are you sure that’s why your down here?” Hemumbled through his cookie filled mouth.
“Errr…” Dawn blushed. She was thwarted. Nothing else to say, but the truth.
“Er…No actually. I had…I had a Bad Dream…” She mumbled almost silently.
Ash smiled.
“Dawn, dreams aren’t real” He said in a caring tone. “Their just your imagination, and that means you’ve got a great little mind behind that beautif- *cough* - I mean behind that nice face of yours.” He stuttered. Dawn smiled a Blushed at the same time.
Ash reached out a hand and lifted her chin slightly. He then leant forward and gently kissed her on the forehead. Dawn was starstruck. They were the smoothest, kindest Lips she had ever felt.
Ash grabbed his last cookie and walked out the door.
“I love you, Dawn” Were his last words. As the sound of footsteps went through the corridor and into the bedroom, where a squeaky door signaled his leaving. Dawn stared blankly at the open door, feeling the warm kiss echo on he cheek. She blushed again and muttered, under her own breath “I love you too, Ash”. She drank her milk, finished her cookie, and left the kitchen. When she got to her Bedroom, there was a strange shape next to the T.V. Dawn turned the lights on.
“Hello? Who’s in here?” She asked whoever it was. She turned to see a horrifying sight, but only for 3 seconds. A Female Gabite turned to look at her, a Pachurisu tail hanging out of her Mouth. The rest of the room was a bloodstained mess of spilled blood and Pokemon Corpses, The biggest of which was a Skeletal Mamoswine missing one of its tusks. A Buneary’s decimated ear and a Piplup feather were next to it. There was not trace of wherever Cyndaquil was. The Gabite lunged at her. Dawn screamed.

Then She woke up.

She almost launched herself out of bed, and nearly head butting the figure that was kneeling over her bedside. She looked up. It was Ash.
“Woah! Dawn! What happened? Are you okay! Your sweating like a Tangrowth in Summer!” He yelled with his usual clueless ness. Dawn Immediately realized it was all a dream, and that this was the real Ketchum, whom she had fallen in love with since that fateful day in Sandgem town
“You look like you’ve just had a Nightmare!” Ash shouted again. Dawn felt warm tears falling down her cheek joining with sweat. Dawn lunged at Ash, hugging him as tightly as she could. Ash was nearly taken down by Dawns sudden embrace, but he managed to stay upright. He hugged her back, a little starstruck.
“Woah…It’s okay Dawn. It’s Okay. Don’t Worry, it’s alright, it’s alright. I love you-“
Ash’s usual blabbermouth plus his being a bit surprised from the current situation, had lead to him blurting out his feelings. Ash covered his mouth and his eyes widened. He was blushing furiously. Behind his back, Dawn blushed too, smiling. She let go of him and came up to face him. Their eyes gazed into eachother.
“Don’t worry, Ash.” She replied in a heartfelt tone. “I love you too”.
She leant forward and kissed him on the lips lightly. They felt just as they did in her dream. Ash was completely, utterly shocked. He so wanted to pull himself away out of embarrassment, but for some reason, as his mind processed the conversation, he couldn’t bare to end the kiss. Dawn pulled away for a split second to repeat her words.
“I love you too”.

Do you think LagomorphShipping is a good hint for PearlShipping?
Yes. I think I made a similar post about VineShipping/AdvanceShipping in the AdvanceShipping Thread. Monkey See Monkey do? Anyone? well if 2 pokemon fall in love it's said that their trainers do too? Am i right?
That's only based on circumstance; it's nothing definite, and has been shown contradicted before. Brock fell in love with the trainer of a Mawile, who had fallen in love with his Lombre. Neither Lombre nor the trainer reciprocated the feelings.

If two pokémon fall in love, then of course their trainers would feel it best if they spent as much time as possible together, and if those pokémon are accompanied by the trainers themselves, only time would say if the two trainers fell in love too. I stress the /if/, because I doubt it happens every time. Makes a good love story; Hollywood will tell you so, but...it can't really be cited as a hint.

Dawn doesn't make a show of encouraging Bunneary's affections, iirc, or have at all. Meaning she might bring it along if and when she visits Ash, but she's not going to visit him for Bunneary's sake. She's going to visit him because she's a friend, or as more, and for herself.

Back
Top Bottom