• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmmkay, could someone check my math? I haven't got a graphing calculator on me and I'm feeling masochistic. I'm trying to figure out the odds of getting a near-perfect shiny.

Odds of being shiny: 1/8192
Odds of having any specific nature: 1/25
Odds of having 5 perfect IVs, with the non-perfect one in any specific stat: ((1/31)^5)1/6

So (1/8192)X(1/25)X((1/31)^5)X(1/6) = odds of getting a shiny pokemon with a desired nature and perfect IVs everywhere but the undesirable stat? What does that work out to?

Just to point out, the range of IVs can be from 0~31, this makes it ((1/32)^5)1/6 instead of ((1/31)^5)1/6
As for the maths, I'll let the professionals do it...(I have no idea how to do it)

What's the deal with IV breeding using the Power Items in HG/SS? The 'pedia says that it only has a 50% chance of passing down the selected IV, but no other website makes any kind of mention like that, and instead imply that the pass-down is 100% guaranteed.

So what's the verdict here? And please, only answer if you know what you're talking about. Don't simply quote some fan-site or something.

In HG/SS, you can pass down 1 stat from a parent using the Power Items. Say you let a Machop with Attack IVs of 31 hold a Power Bracer, its offspring will then definately have 31 IVs in its Attack. However, you cannot pass down 2 stats, say you let the aforementioned Machop hold a Power Bracer and breed it with a Ditto holding a Power Anklet, their offspring will either inherit the Machop's Attack or the Ditto's Speed.
I also checked out Bulbapedia, and it says that "if a parent is holding the Power Anklet, the Speed IV would be passed on."

Just to point out, the range of IVs can be from 0~31, this makes it ((1/32)^5)1/6 instead of ((1/31)^5)1/6
As for the maths, I'll let the professionals do it...(I have no idea how to do it)

In HG/SS, you can pass down 1 stat from a parent using the Power Items. Say you let a Machop with Attack IVs of 31 hold a Power Bracer, its offspring will then definately have 31 IVs in its Attack. However, you cannot pass down 2 stats, say you let the aforementioned Machop hold a Power Bracer and breed it with a Ditto holding a Power Anklet, their offspring will either inherit the Machop's Attack or the Ditto's Speed.
I also checked out Bulbapedia, and it says that "if a parent is holding the Power Anklet, the Speed IV would be passed on."

So it's a 50% percent chance only when dealing with two Pokemon that are both holding the items? Again, this is something that none of the other websites I've visited have mentioned. Have you experimented with this yourself?

Assuming I'm reading the equation right, it comes out to 2.425 to the negative fourteenth power.

Do i have a 1 in 64 chance to get a shiney by breeding with shinys in HHSS, or is it like DPPt?

What Jirachi was released in Japan that allowed the PokeWalker Night's Sky to be unlocked? I believe it would be the equivalent to the Gamestop Jirachi.

Thanks.

Assuming I'm reading the equation right, it comes out to 2.425 to the negative fourteenth power.
I got 4.967E-09, which is equal to 0.000000004967. Your number is equal to 4.112E-06, which is 0.000004112. I have no idea where you got that number...
EDIT: Actually, I just noticed I missed something. Yes, the answer is 2.425E-14 which is equal to 0.00000000000002425.
Do i have a 1 in 64 chance to get a shiney by breeding with shinys in HHSS, or is it like DPPt?
No. Only GSC had the 1/64 chance of breeding a shiny offspring from shiny parents. It's because shininess is determined by IVs in those game and when the IVs are a specific set, the Pokémon is shiny. This was only in Generation II.
What Jirachi was released in Japan that allowed the PokeWalker Night's Sky to be unlocked? I believe it would be the equivalent to the Gamestop Jirachi.

Thanks.
I'm pretty sure you're refering to the NZ Jirachi. What do you want to know about it?

Thank Sketch and RyeKew. I was just wondering what they released in Japan to unlock the Night's Sky area as I am trying to get the counterparts to the English event Pokemon.

Thanks.

Well, I finally found got some clear answers regarding the Game Corner pokemon(L20 for Goldenrod and L5 for Celadon), thanks to Serebii's Pokearth. As to the rest...not quite so much.

1. What are the levels of the pokemon that fall from the trees due to Headbutt(or are exposed by Rock Smash)?

2. What happens to downloaded Pokewalker courses if you delete the save file and start a new one? If they are deleted, can they be subsequently re-downloaded to that same card(presuming, of course that the Download event is still occurring)?

3. If you traded the pokemon that was used to trigger certain events in HGSS back to DPPt after the event(I'm particularly thinking of Pikachu-colored Pichu and Twilight's Edge Jirachi here, though I believe that this also applies to the movie Arceus and the 2010 Celebi) and subsequently had to start a new save file on that same HGSS card, could you send the pokemon to the new save file in order to trigger the event again? Would this apply to downloaded items as well?

4. Is the Enigma Stone expended when you talk to Steven? If not, then would the answer to the second question apply to it as well(or to the Soul Dew that is generated from it?

Thanks in advance.

1. What are the levels of the pokemon that fall from the trees due to Headbutt(or are exposed by Rock Smash)?
Srsly? You have been asking for this how long? Go test yourself, if no one answers you doing something yourself is usually a smart thing to do.
3. If you traded the pokemon that was used to trigger certain events in HGSS back to DPPt after the event(I'm particularly thinking of Pikachu-colored Pichu and Twilight's Edge Jirachi here, though I believe that this also applies to the movie Arceus and the 2010 Celebi) and subsequently had to start a new save file on that same HGSS card, could you send the pokemon to the new save file in order to trigger the event again? Would this apply to downloaded items as well?
You can use one event Pokemon to trigger the event every time you start a new game. Idk for items.

The events work on any save file that hasn't activated the event yet.

I bought a pokemon emerald cart today at a local game store, and it is VERY hacked. The gameplay time is: 1:20 It has all eight basges, infinites of all the TMs, an insane number of Tm 24s in the PC (x999 several times over) Infintes of ALL the balls (including safari), and the three superancient pokemon. I'm wondering: are these pokemon and items safe to transfer to my DS games? I know that certain glitches and hacks can mess up a game but I don't want to lose advantage of a good thing if it doesn't (lolhax)
The pokemon are very few, but they appear to have been raiised slightly normally (not through hacking the stats). I'm pretty sure they got rare candy'd to levl 70and the like.

are the effects of lockon transfered by baton pass?
are OHKO moves affected by Lock-on?
is there a mon who lears Lock-on and baton pass?

Well, I finally found got some clear answers regarding the Game Corner pokemon(L20 for Goldenrod and L5 for Celadon), thanks to Serebii's Pokearth. As to the rest...not quite so much.
I just got a Dratini at level 15 from the Game Corner so I know that's wrong. Just checked and they're all level 15 for Goldenrod Game Corner.
2. What happens to downloaded Pokewalker courses if you delete the save file and start a new one? If they are deleted, can they be subsequently re-downloaded to that same card(presuming, of course that the Download event is still occurring)?
When you delete your save file, you have to reset the Pokéwalker which means you lose all the courses you've unlocked including events.
All event-triggering Pokémon can be used to trigger the same event multiple times, whether it be two different games or the same game with a different save. Not sure what you mean by "downloaded items" though.
4. Is the Enigma Stone expended when you talk to Steven? If not, then would the answer to the second question apply to it as well(or to the Soul Dew that is generated from it?

Thanks in advance.
I'm pretty sure the Enigma Stone turns into Soul Dew but I'm not positive. If it does, the Enigma Stone won't be in your Key Items anymore, if that's what you're asking.

Srsly? You have been asking for this how long? Go test yourself, if no one answers you doing something yourself is usually a smart thing to do.

(Glares at Battaman) I would, except for the fact that I haven't gotten past Violet City just yet(and thus has no access to the Headbutt tutor).

Thanks, Ryuutakesh! and RyeKew. And yes, RyeKew, I was thinking about items similar in acquisition to the Enigma Stone(but that wouldn't necessarily be in the Key Items pocket).

Last edited:
(Glares at Battaman) I would, except for the fact that I haven't gotten past Violet City just yet(and thus has no access to the Headbutt tutor).

And so this is an important questions how? I can tell you they are weak and any intended use will require a lot of training.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom