• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Pokemon That Look Exactly Like Their Normal Counterparts

Batbloodx

Stranger than you dreamt
Reaction score
Let's take Garchomp, for example.

Spr_4p_445_f.png
vs.
Spr_4p_445_m_s.png

Wtf?

I guess if you look at the red in the middle, the shiny version's looks a little more orange, and the blue looks slightly darker, but there's no way anyone could tell which was which unless they had a side-by-side comparison.

I prefer shiny Pokemon that actually look like they're shiny.

Personally, if I ran into a shiny Gible, I'd feel jipped. Sure, the Pokemon's still shiny, but it looks almost exactly the same... so what's the point? The whole idea of having a shiny Pokemon is having a Pokemon that's a different color than the original...

Spr_4h_219.png
vs.
Spr_4h_219_s.png

See? Orange vs. Purple; it's easy to tell which is which here because shiny Magcargo is clearly NOT ALMOST EXACTLY THE SAME.

I don't understand why the designer of the rest of the shiny colorations couldn't make a visible difference between normal Garchomp and shiny Garchomp. Did he just get lazy? He could have made it any color in the world and he decided to make it so similar it hurts my eyes trying to differentiate the two.

Why?

Last edited:
The Pikachu family's shiny colours aren't very different.

Yeah, I've always felt that if the only variation between a Shiny Pokemon and the originals is only a slight darkening or lightening of the original color pallet, it's really not a Shiny.

I know. Shiny Raichu just looks a little sunburnt.

Seel and Dewgong.Normal Seel/Dewgong is soft blue and Shiny Seel/Dewgong is soft grey. There isn't too much diference, I had a Shiny seel in FR and I didn't notice it until I saw the shiny star xDU

And WTF seriously that garchomp is shiny?? xDU

I agree. If they're gonna make shiny Pokémon, may as well make them totally different. Scyther really pisses me off too. I thought it'd be cool if they made shiny Scyther red, but instead he's a darker green. Not as bad as Garchomp, but still messed up.

That's why I have never evolved the Shiny Geodude I came across early on in my Platinum. I LOVE that it's basically a golden nugget. The fact that Golem is only kind of orange-ish is annoying.

Nugget Geodude shall remain the way he is. Kthnx.

Blissey and Blissey: Take a guess which one is shiny
Spr_3r_242.png
Spr_4h_242_s.png

edit: while we're at it:
459_snover_1_m.png
and
Spr_4d_459_m_s.png

Last edited:
I think mabye the whole point of shinies is to make them look shiny, and they just got carried away.

471glaceon.png
471glaceon.png

396starly.png
396starly.png

Quite different.

Quite? You mean Major

Jigglypuff isn't much better....

Shiny:

039_Jigglypuff_shiny.png

Normal:

jigglypuff.png

How can you not know the difference

Blissey and Blissey: Take a guess which one is shiny
Spr_3r_242.png
Spr_4h_242_s.png

edit: while we're at it:
459_snover_1_m.png
and
Spr_4d_459_m_s.png

Blissey's shiny is lighter. And I doubt you can't tell the difference between shiny and non shiny Snover

No mention of Leafeon?

leafeon.png
470.png

That's pretty bad

Shiny's lighter

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom