• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

So your Pokemon's reactions can change depending on your location

My staryu seems to like looking at the nite sky...makes sense...tho he was also glaring and growling at the persian statues in the rocket base...he has no eyes or mouth...
My pinsir also regularly shows off his agility. And spins in circles...
And my cacturne has a bad habit of hugging me and running into me. I must b doing something wrong to her...

Apparently my Haunter nudged me, then the game was like "Do you want to nudge back" and I clicked "yes" so it said haunter was shouting with joy or something.

Then when I was outside of the pokeathalon dome it said my haunter greeted everyone.

My Lopunny hugged me today. And when I was in the Celadon Gym, I talked to my Typhlosian and is said something like "Flames doesn't seem happy about getting a shower." I can't remember exactly, but it made me laugh.

i hate when my rhydon is close to fainting, and when i talk to him he's doing his best to keep up. it makes me want to take off the running shoes and give him a big hug! haha.

See! Months ago this was labeled as uber gimicky. Now we praise it for how involved we feel in the games.

also, has anyone noticed that when your pokemon has found something and you have the option to take it?
what ive noticed is that if you take it they get upset and roar and frown...but if you let them keep it they "____ seems happy to have found something!" and they dance/turn in circles and a music note appears in the bubble above their heads...

does anyone else think that letting you pokemon keep the item or taking it away might affect their happiness level?

I'm not sure if it affects their happiness but it kind of varies. My meganium refused to give me his item he found quite a few times but most of the time he gladly let me have the item.

none of my pokemon have ever let me take items they find. i'm so curious as to what they've been finding, haha.

none of my pokemon have ever let me take items they find. i'm so curious as to what they've been finding, haha.

Fashion case items. You're not missing out.

Though does this mean that every Pokémon technically has Pickup?

In the Cerulean Gym now about to battle Misty. I talked to my Meganium and it moved around a bit and the message said, "Why is it doing warm-up exercises?"

Lol I felt akward when my Charmeleon came cloes to me with a heart above it's forehead and the message said "Chars hugged you" and I'm like 'wow that made me feel like the person in the RP with the charmeleon who had a crush on her'

My Ninetales hugged me a lot as a Vulpix. My Ninetales also got mad at me for taking it into the rain at the Lake of Rage.

There was one time my Slowking 'showed off its agility'. I've also noticed he never likes me taking his items. He also likes to look down at the ground.

There was also another time my big, scary Feraligatr spun around in a circle. For some reason, found that incredibly cute.

Pokemon get really excited near the Elite Four, too. If I recall correctly, Vulpix and Chikorita kept mentioning that they wanted to fight when you stand outside the Plateau.

In the Cerulean Gym now about to battle Misty. I talked to my Meganium and it moved around a bit and the message said, "Why is it doing warm-up exercises?"

Ready to kick some ass.

Also, Geodude, do you use Geodude in your team?

It seems that pokemon either sense something, or do some sort of battle cry/preparation on the top of Mt. Silver.

Last edited:
My staryu seems to like looking at the nite sky...makes sense...tho he was also glaring and growling at the persian statues in the rocket base...he has no eyes or mouth...
My pinsir also regularly shows off his agility. And spins in circles...
And my cacturne has a bad habit of hugging me and running into me. I must b doing something wrong to her...

Or maybe she just loves you as much as James' grass Pokémon.

A funny one I saw was with "my" Mew. I put that in quotes because my friend traded it to me. It said "Mew is trying its best to keep up with you." I thought, "Okay then..."

My Kakuna "suddenly turned around and barked!"....that made my day xD

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom