• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Evos/Prevos + Eeveelution poll

Which new types would you like to see for Eeveelutions?

• Total voters
Re: Evolutions and Pre-evolutions wanted?

First off, I want them to get rid of all this annoying breeding with items stuff as the only way to get the baby forms... It's just plain annoying. The baby forms should just be available in the wild so it's up to the player to catch and evolve them (for example, I liked how Budew was in the wild in DPPt instead of having to track down such-and-such Incense and breeding a Roselia to get it). Although, when you're actually breeding them it could still work the same way to keep continuity.

I think they should just completely retcon is all of those Incenses that you have to give to the correct Pokemon to get the Baby form...:disgust: I got the 'Lax Incense' mixed up with the 'Full Incense' when I was trying to get a Munchlax. The suffix 'lax' got me confused! And how easy would it be to mix up the Wave and Sea Incense?!
While those items can still exist, just replace them all with 'Baby Incense':
BABY INCENSE: "A special incense that is said to encourage Pokemon to breed." It could work for getting ALL Baby Pokemon.
Or they could either: 1) TELL US WHICH INCENSES DO WHAT, or 2) Give us one Universal Incense (Obviously, due to compatibility issues, they would still keep the old Incense data in the games, but just make them unobtainable without transferring). This could easily be given by the Day Care Couple.

My other suggestion (this post might get a bit long...) is a complete reboot of the National Dex, putting all legendaries together at the END of the Dex, and listing all Pokemon by evolutionary family. So Gligar and Gliscor would be right next to eachother and Elekid, Electabuzz and Electivire would be right next to eachother numerically. Of course, they'd be renumbered accordingly. I just get annoyed having to skip 100 or so pages forward to get to the evolution when using the guides' Pokedex.
The second benefit to this, besides simply being easier to organise, is that it would mix all the generations up and reinforce a message of "one big happy Pokemon family!" ...:look: Uh...yeah... Well, I'd like it if they did that.
The regional Dex would have to be the same as they work now, but once the National Dex is unlocked, all the Pokemon are renumbered and what not... (Would you like? Dislike? Thoughts on a National Dex reboot?)
But then the hardcore nostalgia-super-sentai will go "WAH!". I agree that such an idea needs to happen, and to keep the Nostalgia Super Sentai happy, they could give us two national dex orders "Olde Order" and "New Order" - the New Order would run in an order almost identical to the National Pokédex, but move all evolutions up to their earliest relative (ie, placing Magnezone after Magneton, and Tyrogue before Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan and then Hitmontop after them), and move all the legendaries down to the bottom.

* Rapidash evolution: "Flamadash" (not really necessary, but would be nice.)
REASON: Who doesn't want to see a big Pegasus thing with flames for wings?! :p
OBTAINING METHOD: Level up Rapidash while it's holding "Big Wing"(?) and it evolves into "Flamadash".
Fire/Flying type if it's going to be a Pegasus. Also, it's name would have to be a put on Pegasus too...

* A Farfetch'd evolution: "Farfight" (?)
REASON: Desperately needed and wanted! I like the idea of giving it a Flying/Fighting evolution.
OBTAINING METHOD: Level up Farfetch'd while it's holding the "Big Wing" (?) and it evolves into "Farfight".
Yes.

* An Onix pre-evolution: "Minix" (?)
REASON: Having a 30 foot serpent start life that way is not plausible. I like the idea of a pre-evolution for it...It could be something just like Onix but with a smaller horn and only 3 to 5 body sections.
OBTAINING/EVOLUTION METHOD: To breed: give Onix the "Baby Incense". To evolve "Minix", level it up to level 10.
I thought you didn't like Incenses...

* A Kangaskhan pre-evolution: "Kangaskid" (Thanks to whoever came up with that name!)
REASON: BECAUSE IT'S NEEDED!!! Kangaskhan's sprite has it with a baby in its pouch... even when it just hatched from an Egg!! That baby in the sprite could just be gotten rid of, and introduce a new prevo to take its place. They got rid of the extra Remoraid in Mantine's sprite for a similar reason. This would also be dead easy to do because the design's already done for them.
OBTAINING/EVOLUTION METHOD: To breed: give Kangaskhan the "Baby Incense." To evolve "Kangaskid", level it up to level 15.
Another "Kanga Baby" supporter?

* A Scyther pre-evolution: "Cuttor" (?) (While this isn't really necessary, it would just be nice.)
REASON: Not really necessary, but would be nice...Scyther looks a bit too big to hatch from an egg like that.
OBTAINING/EVOLUTION METHOD: To breed: "Baby Incense". "Cuttor" evolves at level 16.
I don't think a Scyther pre-evo is necessary...

* A Jynx evolution: I love that "Pryncice" one! (Not necessary, but would be nice.)
REASON: That "Pryncice" design I saw made me want it...Plus, Electabuzz and Magmar have evolutions too.
OBTAINING/EVOLUTION METHOD: Trade Jynx while it's holding the "Queen's Rock"... (Well, we have a KING'S Rock.)
Hell yeah!

* A pre-evolution that can evolve into Tauros and Miltank: "Calfos" (?)
REASON: Tauros is all-male. Miltank is all-female. They have the same base-stat total. They're pretty much set up for a gender based evolution...
OBTAINING/EVOLUTION METHOD: To breed: give Miltank the "Baby Incense." "Calfos" evolves into Tauros at level 15 if it's male and evolves into Miltank at level 15 if it's female.
Yes yes YES!

* A Lapras pre-evolution and evolution: "Lapri" and "Lochas" (both ?)
REASON: While not necessarily needed, an evolution for Lapras based on the Loch-Ness Monster would be nice. Plus I don't like single stage Pokemon as they feel incomplete.
OBTAINING/EVOLUTION METHOD: To breed a "Lapri": give Lapras/Lochas the "Baby Incense." To evolve Lapras, trade it while it's holding "Queen's Rock."
Pre-evos should just evolve by level or happiness...otherwise, I agree. Lapras is huge.

* A Dragon type (and whatever other type you can think of) evolution for Eevee (not really neccessary but would be nice.)
REASON: Because 7 evolutions just isn't pushing it enough. I hope GameFreak's just about ready to go "Oh, what the hell?" and do the rest of them all at once.
OBTAINING/EVOLUTION METHOD: Various.
Ghost type evolution as well...Spectreon!

* A branch-evolution for Porygon2: "Porygon3" (while not necessarily needed, it would be nice.)
REASON: Porygon-Z wasn't great. Plus, going from 2 to 3 is just the natural progression.
OBTAINING/EVOLUTION METHOD: Trade Porygon2 while it's holding "3D Drive" (?).
Nah...Z is nice. A branch evolution is unneeded.

* A Girafarig pre-evolution and evolution: "Girig" and "Gimegemig" (?)
REASON: I just don't like single stage Pokemon. Plus, I would like a cute little baby giraffe Pokemon :) And an evolution of Girafarig wouldn't go astray, I guess.
OBTAIN/EVOLUTION METHOD: To breed a "Girig": have Girafarig hold "Baby Incense." "Girig" evolves on a high friendship level. Girafarig evolves by leveling up in the "Magi Forest" (?) or something...
Give Girafarig the Roselia treatment - give it a pre-evo and an evo.

* A Dunsparce evolution: "Dunspark"
REASON: Desperately needed and wanted!!
OBTAIN/EVOLUTION METHOD: Dusparce evolves into "Dunspark" if it's traded while holding "Hyper Claw."
Not sure about the name...but yes.

* A Qwilfish evolution: "Poishark"
REASON: Desperately needed and wanted!!
OBTAIN/EVOLUTION METHOD: Qwilfish evolves into "Poishark" if it's leveled up while holding "Poison Fin".
See Dunspark.

* A Smeargle evolution: "Paintergle" (?)
REASON: Just because I guess… I saw "Puppalette", which was a good prevo design, but I think Smeargle’s stats can do with a boost. The evolution could learn every move through "Sketch" as well, but would probably also have another signature move.
OBTAIN/EVOLUTION METHOD: Level Smeargle up while it’s holding "Paint Box." (?)
I agree Smeargle's stats could use a boost, but aren't the low stats an equivalent exchange for its amazing Sketch? Evolution isn't needed, but a pre-evolution could be nice (give a pre-evo Encore - make it easier to copy moves!)

* A Sableye evolution: "Ghosiris" (?)
REASON: Because Sableye’s single stage. I know some people are worried about overpowering the Dark/Ghost combo but I think it's stats would go to the level of Spiritomb…
OBTAIN/EVOLUTION METHOD: Level Sableye up while it’s holding "Black Cape". (?)

* A Mawile evolution: "Mawsickle" (?)
REASON: ‘Cause Mawile’s single stage.
OBTAIN/EVOLUTION METHOD: Level Mawile up while it’s holding the "Hyper Claw".
Yes, both of them need to evolve.

* An evolution for Plusle and Minun: "Addamath" and "Minuphys" ("Addamath" derived from "addition" and "math" and "Minuphys" derived from "minus" and "physics".) Also, a pre-evolution for them both: "Nuetun".
REASON: ‘Cause they’re single stage. The evolutions could be done in a similar style to Raichu. It’d have to be done right to work… Not just some lazy evolution, like Lickilicky was.
OBTAIN/EVOLUTION METHOD: To get "Nuetun": breed Plusle/Minun while it’s holding the "Baby Incense." If its Defense is higher, "Nuetun" will evolve into Minun at level 16 and if its attack is higher it will evolve into Plusle at level 16. Plusle and Minun both evolve through use of the item "Cyberstone".
Can't they just remove them from existence? xD

* A pre-evolution for Volbeat and Illumise: "Vollum". An evolution for both: "Volbast" and "Illuminase".
REASON: They’re pretty much set up for a gender-based pre-evolution and an evolution would be cool because Bug is a very underdone type.
OBTAIN/EVOLUTION METHOD: To get "Vollum": breed Illumise while it’s holding the "Baby Incense." To evolve Volbeat or Illumise, level them up while they’re holding the "Big Wing."
Evolve them too...

* A Castform evolution: "Formsky"
REASON: A weather-based evolution would work.
OBTAIN/EVOLUTION METHOD: (Similar to Wormadam): In the sun: Sun Form "Formsky". In the rain: Rain Water Form "Formsky". In the snow or hail: Snow Cloud Form "Formsky". To make it evolve, give it the "Plasma" and level it up.
Yes. Castform needs better stats.

But then the hardcore nostalgia-super-sentai will go "WAH!". I agree that such an idea needs to happen, and to keep the Nostalgia Super Sentai happy, they could give us two national dex orders "Olde Order" and "New Order" - the New Order would run in an order almost identical to the National Pokédex, but move all evolutions up to their earliest relative (ie, placing Magnezone after Magneton, and Tyrogue before Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan and then Hitmontop after them), and move all the legendaries down to the bottom

First, I love that you called it the "Olde Order". Second, you wouldn't move, like, the little bugs (Caterpie, Weedle, Wurmple, Burmie) and the Pidgey-quivalents and the Rattata-likes to the beginning?

Ghost type evolution as well...Spectreon!

Nooooooooooooo....... Obliveon.

First, I love that you called it the "Olde Order". Second, you wouldn't move, like, the little bugs (Caterpie, Weedle, Wurmple, Burmie) and the Pidgey-quivalents and the Rattata-likes to the beginning?

Nooooooooooooo....... Obliveon.

Olde Order just sounds epic. They could also re-order Pokémon based on type, similar to how Japanese TCG sets are.

My view is that all "families" need at least three members, whether they be stages, or the billion eevees, or the hitmons, or whatever.

I hate that idea. Why should every family need at least three? Look at Kangaskhan - it's perfectly fine as it is, no pre-evos or evos needed. Sure, the fact it's hatched with a baby in it's pouch is weird, but that's what Pokémon needs. Intrigue and mystery! Why would we want everything to be explained? Farfetch'd does not need any evos or pre-evos. Tradition, people! Farfetch'd would be ruined otherwise. Don't we want things to stand as they did in Generation I?

Most of these (in my opinion, of course) are extremely bad ideas. A link between Tauros and Miltank? Why on earth would we need one of those? Porygon3? Bleurgh. Granted, some single stage Pokémon need evos, like Quilfish and Dunsparce, but we need to stop messing up existing Pokémon and focus on creating new, unique and interesting Pokémon.

shuckle is not a turtle it's a barnicle creature.

I hate that idea. Why should every family need at least three?

Maybe not three, but multiples. I like family groups more than standalones (I rarely have a standalone in my parties), that's just the way I am. In every game there's at least one random scientist who says that one of the big mysteries of the pokemon world is why some of them evolve and some don't. But they never really go into this. It bugs the fuck out of me.

[/quote]Sure, the fact it's hatched with a baby in it's pouch is weird, but that's what Pokémon needs. Intrigue and mystery! Why would we want everything to be explained?[/quote]

Half of the major appeal of the games is catching, evolving, and cataloguing every single species!

I want a more comprehensive world, with game mechanics that reflect that more comprehensive world, that do not let glaring omissions like the Kangaskhan baby go unanswered for. And where the hell do Mime Jrs come from without a ditto if there're no Mrs. Mimes?! Explain those mysteries, Professor Elm, before you pay any attention to yet another friggin' Togepi.

Don't we want things to stand as they did in Generation I?

Nooooooooooooooo. Why would you even think that? Would we want every Zelda game to be exactly like the first one, or would we want jumps in quality and world-building like Ocarina of Time?

A link between Tauros and Miltank? Why on earth would we need one of those?

Because they're clearly related, and it'd be nice to have that recognized by the games themselves.

Porygon3? Bleurgh.

I agree. I like the Porygons as they are.

Granted, some single stage Pokémon need evos, like Quilfish and Dunsparce, but we need to stop messing up existing Pokémon and focus on creating new, unique and interesting Pokémon.

They did that in Gen 3 and it has received a LOT of flak for it. Now I like Gen 3 because I like new pokemon, but I also like Gen 2 because I like baby pokemon. Adding an evolutionary family member doesn't "mess up" an existing pokemon, it just makes them more complex. And that's not a bad thing.

I'm not saying that the games themselves should stay as they are, but just the Pokémon. I don't play zelda so I have no idea what that means, but what I'm saying is that most Pokémon in previous generations should be left untouched.

With the scientists talking about evolution... I hate it too. But the solution isn't to just create evolutions, but have a storyline centered around it. If it's explained and explored, that means we don't get the uneeded evolutions. I was all for pre-evos for Pokémon like Magmar and Electabuss, but the evolutions are horrible. And I couldn't imagine how they'd handle a pre-evo of Kangaskhan. I know the consensus is that we'd have the baby Kangaskhan from the pouch as the pre-evo, but I don't buy it as an actual Pokémon. I think it serves its place in the pouch.

My general grouch is that too much time is spent churning out unoriginal ideas whilst boring Pokémon are brought out, like Dunsparce.

Yep you got most of them the only one you didnt say that i would like to see is absol for some reason lol but any was nice thread :)

No to all the prevolutions! I hope this gen is similar to Gen 3 where we have as little new Pokemon related to already existing ones. If I had a choice, I'd choose evolutions to single stage Pokemon instead baby forms such as a baby form of Onix because it's too big and doesn't make sense.

Who cares? It's Pokemon and doesn't have to make sense. A baby form does not add anything to the games except for the initial "ohh it's so cute!' after which no one gives a flying crap about it anymore.

I think one thing we should try to come to grips with is the idea of pokemon just growing and not evolving to get to the point that they are at.

This will help avoid pointless baby pokemon

Some Pokemon should never evolve, however. Relicanth's gimmick is that the Coelacanth hasn't evolved over millions of years, so it should just stay the way it is.

I agree on Porygon3. They should call it Porygon3D, and it should be a hologram. That would be hilarious.

On the PokeDex thing, they should kept on doing the good work they did in gen 2, whit New and Old Mode.

I dunno myself. If the fandom has shown me anything, it's that evolutions are limitless, anything that doesn't already have a full evolution chain can have one, and even if it does, it can branch. Some even think that three evo states per family is not enough. The only thing that seems immune to this, and not by much, is the legendaries, which no one seems willing to touch. As for pre-evos, it is commonly thought that their concept was due to either making certain into little cutesy forms more appealing to certain people, or to make it more plausible it comes from an egg. For that second one, I can only point to something like Rhyhorn and say "that comes from an egg?" Mind you that Rhyhorn already has a full evo chain now. I'd be more willing to believe the first one, but just like with evos, Gamefreak is random on what is chosen for a pre-evo. For either of these concepts, though, it is something that is not often favored by the fandom, even though they do it a lot themselves. There's literally an entire gen or even more that could be made from pre-evo and evo ideas alone.

Psychic/Ghost Chimecho evolution. DO IT.
Also, I want Pryncice. I want it SO. BAD.

I personally HATE baby pokemon!!! :mad:

I like some of your ideas even 1 or 2 of the babies but overall in my opinion many of these are un-nessasary i would rather have them have all lgendarys available at level 1 i hate raising babies but i love raiseing everything else from level 1 especially legendaries

I would surprisingly not mind if they did some baby forms of legendaries but not like phione i mean like a single baby bird thats white and depending on its stats will evolve into moltres zapdos or articuno same with a single beast baby (originally what i thought zorua was lol)

When I started this thread, my main point, which isn't getting discussed as much as I though it would, was to just get introduce all the prevos and evos at once, just to eliminate further speculation on them.
One big swoop and THAT'S IT, no more single stage Pokemon to speculate about prevos and evos.

And the "Baby Incense" is a combination of ALL Incenses, so it'll work for ALL baby Pokemon. For example, while Azurill is only available with the Sea Incense, the Baby Incense would work for it too.

I personally hate hate hate baby Pokemon. But, Kangaskid and Kangasking. Nuff said.

hi im new at the site but personally i like kangaskid that is also the name i want for kangaskhan... and i also want a ditto evolution with a new signature move of its own... and the pachirisu's evole form was great...

Welcome. Go introduce yoself.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom