• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

So your Pokemon's reactions can change depending on your location

Pidgey standing guard in the ilex forest... okay, against bugs?

Right now it's 8:48 PM, and I just talked to my Kingler. There was a ... over its head, and the message said, "KINGLER appears to be nodding off... Call out its name?" I chose yes, an exclamation mark appeared over its head, and the message said that it let out a loud noise in surprise.

My Feraligatr just danced out of happiness after playing with it. That's one for the books! :D

My Gastly poked me in the stomach. Not sure how it did so but I got a laugh out of it. Also my Geodude was singing in dancing in Union Cave. Once I got outside Quilava was trying to hide in the tall grass to get away from the rain. This new feature is pretty awesome. =D

I was in Morty's Gym and I talked to my Croconaw and it got scared because it thought I disappeared in the dark.

I just played some more around the area. My pokemon smell the smoke of Azalea's Charcoal Kiln. They seem to do a lot of things in a cave. They tend to bump into you, stand guard, or become composed. I think my Quilava almost tripped in Union Cave, but I couldn't get it to do it again. My Quilava also evidently hates puddles. Nothing else I could find other than I think my Flaaffy has a crush on me. It spontaneously hugs and blushes at me.

well, people and pokémon used to marry....

In the Cerulean Gym now about to battle Misty. I talked to my Meganium and it moved around a bit and the message said, "Why is it doing warm-up exercises?"
This happened to my Raikou as well, it was fun, since it had beaten the whole gym singlehanded two seconds ago.

And Squirtle right after leaving Oaks Lab:
Squirtle seems have a nostalgic fealling. FRLG reference?

well, people and pokémon used to marry....

They did? Wouldn't that be...bestiality..?

On topic for the sake of being on topic: I love the reactions and this is the first game I've never used the bike. :]

The Onix I got in the in-game trade gets nervous when standing next to lakes and whatnot.

My Bellsprout found something, and when I tried to take it, I got a message saying it was too important.

Zubat seems to hate the Ilex Forest. Each time I talk to it he has angry faces and it's something like "Zubat is fidgeting around" and "Zubat is nipping at your feet".

In the gym, each of my Pokémon were "very eager".

Last edited:
A housemate showed me her claustrophobic Drowzee on one of the routes (it was north of Goldenrod City). She'd stand in the area between the trees that is about 2 spaces wide and talk to her Drowzee. She'd get the message that it's feeling claustrophobic and she told me that at one point it'd say that her Drowzee thinks the walls are closing in on it or something. Note to self: try it with a large Pokémon like Arceus. :D

Some of the Pokémon will start barking inside the Ruins of Alph. I thought that was hilarious. The Unown, on the other hand, do some creepy crap in there. O.O *shudders* It was Ethan's fault for suggesting to take an Unown in there.

"Your pokemon is staring intently at the blackboard...But doesn't seem to understand."

At the Pokemon School, I thought it was really adorable. That and her watching my footprints in the sand.

"Pele [cyndaquil] was surprised by the sounds in the thicket!"

I wonder if that's because it's getting dark out.

This whole feature is just one long d'awwwww moment. I genuinely regret having to walk to Chuck in the water with my Quilava behind me.

Sting, my Beedrill apparently hates Rt 35. He either feels really claustrophobic or doesn't like the narrow space. I usually get him out of there as soon as possible.

Sting has never hugged me. He has, however, regarded me with adoration and nudged me. Of course, I nudge back to make him happy. He's also poked my bag and chewed my feet. Scolding him for poking the bag got a surprised reaction, but he got downright depressed when I yelled at him for chewing on me. I actually felt bad for that.

He's also danced at the Dance Hall, greeted everyone at the Pokéathlon Dome (he's also showed off his jumping ability and cried out while watching the monitors) and has cuddled up to me. He's just so darned cute that I can't help but spoil him. I never thought I would adore a Beedrill as much as I adore my Sting. :crush:
On topic for the sake of being on topic: I love the reactions and this is the first game I've never used the bike. :]
I've told Prime that I will never use the bike in this game. I want my Pokemon following me. It's just so cute.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom