• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[Theory] All Regions will appear in Fifth-Gen

Oh lord...as much as I'd like to see it, it's pretty much not gonna happen. It'd probably get boring after a while anyway.

(Also, Moore's Law is...more of a guideline, really. There's nothing that says memory must continue improving at the same rate,; and if I remember correctly, it's supposed to hit a wall pretty soon where the chips just can't get any smaller using current techniques.)

Reputedly, the largest DS cartridge can accomodate 512MB

Actually one DS game used a 2GB card

It's known as Moore's Law.

Actually moores law isn't about flash memory doubling every two years (did it even exist when this came out?) but:

"in which the number of transistors that can be placed inexpensively on an integrated circuit has doubled approximately every two years"

I'd say this idea is unfeasable. It would make the game sooo long, and even though the theory sounds fine, wouldn't people get bored by the time they reached the last area? Plus as was said before, youngsters having to have high level pokemon later on in the game isn't right as what youngster would catch high level pokemon to start with? Also you'd get things like lv 80 pidgy/rattata/swellow on early routes of the last area you visit and by the end of the region, lv 100 pokemon and the last regions E4 having lv100 pokemon too. It would be too much

Not to mention since all Gen IV games plus the Gen V games and remakes (possible remakes of Hoenn) would give you all regions with different stories tied to them, and GF would want to make more money by making seperate games this way and you wouldn't need one game with all regions in it.

No, please just no. Having five regions in one game would be boring, the level curve would be crazy, and there's no real advantage to doing it.

(Also, Moore's Law is...more of a guideline, really. There's nothing that says memory must continue improving at the same rate,; and if I remember correctly, it's supposed to hit a wall pretty soon where the chips just can't get any smaller using current techniques.)

Yeah thats true. I know its offtopic, but Intel are working on new CPUs using silicon-germanium that is supposed to be better at creating much faster speeds, but staying cool by usign a layer of aliminium in between the silicon germanium to keep it cooler as we have came very close to reaching the limit on the number of transistors that can be put on a curcuit board, also there is a size limit on how small they can be..so far I think its 32nm or something

Last edited:
you are soooooo wrong:banghead:

You try waiting to finally complete the game after defeating every trainer, gym leader, e4, doing quests, getting ribbons in contests, collecting all pokemon, doing sinnoh underground, growing berries, pokeathlon in Johto, doing multiple BF challanges (Hoenn and Johto or Sinnoh), beating rivals from each region and evil teams from each area (TR/Aqua & Magma, Galactic and whatever the Gen V is), anything else I am missing here?

Wouldn't that take hundreds of hours and get tedious wondering when your going to fianlly get to the end of the last region?

Actually one DS game used a 2GB card

Nope; it gets nowhere near that size. Maybe you're thinking of Gigabits. 2 Gigabits = 256 Megabytes, and there has indeed been one or two games that use a 2 Gigabit cartridge.

The maximum is 4 Gigabits (or Gb, lower-case 'b'), which is 512MB. All existing DS Pokemon games have been 1Gb, or 128MB.

Last edited:
You try waiting to finally complete the game after defeating every trainer, gym leader, e4, doing quests, getting ribbons in contests, collecting all pokemon, doing sinnoh underground, growing berries, pokeathlon in Johto, doing multiple BF challanges (Hoenn and Johto or Sinnoh), beating rivals from each region and evil teams from each area (TR/Aqua & Magma, Galactic and whatever the Gen V is), anything else I am missing here?

Wouldn't that take hundreds of hours and get tedious wondering when your going to finally get to the end of the last region?

Frustrating; but it will certainly have a long shelf life!

Also, a longer, somewhat more difficult game might boost serious gamer's opinion of Pokemon.

Berries, Contests, and whatnot always seemed like filler. I'm sure a longer game would focus more on battling.

The other reason this wouldn't happen is that it'd kill Nintendo's opportunity for remakes in Gen V, which are likely going to be made.

If the unite regions in any later games, the only thing I'd be comfortable with guessing at is a Hoenn/Sinnoh joining. But I'm not even certain they'd join regions in any games again, anyway.

All of them in one game? That'd be overload: Pokethlon, 4 Leagues, 2 Frontiers, 3 Safari Zones, 2 Contest Halls, Battle Tents, every Crimnal Org., the list would be endless...

I'd like a more story-line simplified release: no criminals to fight, no rampaging legendaries, just you, the league/conference of the region, gyms and battle tents.

And a place in the wild where you could actually get good xp yeild to match your level.

I'm not buying a remake of Diamond, or FireRed.

The most likely games to be remade next are Ruby and Sapphire, obviously. And if the first two Gen V games end up on the DS, it's most likely that any other Gen V game (the 3rd version, and any remakes) would be for the 3DS. Trading would still be possible even if Gen V were split over the two handhelds.

Personally, I'm still hoping that all of Gen V will come out for the 3DS, but who knows.

Dunno if anyone had this idea, but let's say there's two games, as usual. Both games have the new region, and each has an extra region to visit, but each version's would be a different region.

One game: New region and Hoenn.

The other: New region and Sevii Islands.

The most likely games to be remade next are Ruby and Sapphire, obviously.

Isn't that what Emerald is. Just like Platinum for Diamond and Pearl - an improved single release? Bleh, ignore my opinion on the matter.

I'd say an update for those'd be nice, just because it'd a pain for me to play Emerald nowadays. Mental fortitude is lacking =/

Isn't that what Emerald is. Just like Platinum for Diamond and Pearl - an improved single release? Bleh, ignore my opinion on the matter.

Indeed; just as Crystal was for Gold/Silver, or Yellow (both outside and within Japan) and Blue (JPN) was for Red/Green. There's always a 3rd version, but this doesn't stop Game Freak from eventually creating a later-generation remake of the first two versions.

If Gen V gets any remakes at all, it'll likely be Ruby/Sapphire.

Personally, I'm still hoping that all of Gen V will come out for the 3DS, but who knows.

When I made this thread, I assumed Gen V would be for the 3DS.

Pokemon Gold/Silver were planned to be released for the Regular Game Boy - Nintendo made GameFreak delay the release so Pokemon Gold/Silver would be Gameboy Color titles.

Imagine the Gen 5 game as 3DS launch title!

When I made this thread, I assumed Gen V would be for the 3DS.

Pokemon Gold/Silver were planned to be released for the Regular Game Boy - Nintendo made GameFreak delay the release so Pokemon Gold/Silver would be Gameboy Color titles.

Imagine the Gen 5 game as 3DS launch title!

I'm very hopeful for it. Gen V on the DS would be a complete waste of opportunity, so I'm guessing something similar will happen.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom