• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Underappreciated Pokémon

Gallevoir

Honorary TARDIS member.
Reaction score
Yeah, it's one of those threads again

Anyway, I'm trying to make a Fakémon Pokédex that looks relatively real and I wanted to put in some Pokémon that aren't featured very much.

Therefore: Your Opinions on the underappreciated Pokémon of this fandom.

Last edited:
Well, might as well mention the always neglected Dunsparce.

Always forget him

Poor, poor Dunsparce. Actually, I might give him an evolution.

-Meganium (the least used Johto starter, IMO)
-Dragonite (outclassed by Salamence in competitive battling)
-Feebas (evolves into Milotic, a rather decent Pokemon)
-Dunsparce

More to come.

how can people say that dunsparce is still an underappreciated, forgotten pokémon? people bring it up EVERY SINGLE time threads like this are created... and if i remember correctly, there was a thread a while ago talking about how dunsparce should be hg/ss' mascot. it's obviously not an underappreciated if people wanted it to be a mascot.

it's reaaaaaally weird.

anyways.

underappreciated pokémon i think:

- venomoth
- sunflora
- mantine
- masquerain
- volbeat
- illumise
- huntail
- gorebyss
- lumineon

i've never see anyone with them on their team...

Doduo is never apriciated, and i hated it before i got Shadows of Almia and i was all "OMFG FREE RIDEZ FTW" and began loving the sucker.

And then Yellow got one and i was all "OMFZORZ U R RELATED TO GIALLOZ POKEMON KEKEKEKEKE UR EPIC WIN"

And then i caught one and learned that it can learn Fly.

Duduo are epic.

Dunsparce is under appreciated and is famous because of that. Just because it's well know doesn't mean it is appreciated. It still sucks in battle.

Victreebel. I hated them forever (still do), but I have one on my SS team that I refuse to remove because with Leaf Storm, Leaf Blade, Cut, and Sleep Powder, he is a Leaf Swordsman, and, with no head to cut off, Immortal.

Did I mention he's a Leaf Highlander? He's a Leaf Highlander.

Victreebel. I hated them forever (still do), but I have one on my SS team that I refuse to remove because with Leaf Storm, Leaf Blade, Cut, and Sleep Powder, he is a Leaf Swordsman, and, with no head to cut off, Immortal.

Did I mention he's a Leaf Highlander? He's a Leaf Highlander.

Nickname him One, for he can be only

anyway, i think all Rock/Ground mons are un-appreciated, 3 double weaknesses, and it doesn't stop them from being freaking epic

Raticate.

No it's not! Raticate is an Epic Killer... Sunper Fang-Hyper Fang Combo can kill even a Dragonite...

On the other hand... My most underappreciated Pokemon (also my most forgetful) is Stanler... I never saw one in my original Gold and I only learned that it was a Pokemon in Gen 3... Also! Quilfish... But I saw one in my Gold...

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom