• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Discussion Thread (Current Issue: October 2010)

Apex

˙pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ buıuɹnʇ doʇs
Reaction score
Just a general thread of the CoroCoro announcements to clear up all the CoroCoro threads.

With what we know already, what will be revealed in the next issue?

Last edited:
Re: CoroCoro Discussion Thread (Next Issue: June 2010)

Just a general thread of the CoroCoro announcements to clear up all the CoroCoro threads.

With what we know already, what will be revealed in the next issue?

The region revealed and "how to get Zoroark" D: ... It's going to be a long month :(

With that gameplay video of the player walking around that city, I have no doubt that they'll at least reveal the region name and a teeny-tiny bit more about it. But we know for sure that they're supposed to reveal how you can obtain Zoroark.

I'm kinda also hoping they give out a little hint about the plot, but...

Well, we know for a fact we'll get "How to obtain Zoroark". Other than that, I'm hoping for the region and artwork of the playable characters.

Although not confirmed for next month (there is a remote chance of it happening in June), details on backwards compatibility and the in-game event with the legendary beasts should be on the agenda. Also, part of the map could be revealed as was done in the second month of DP coverage (see here).

Um if someone is going to use tinypic, or photobucket to overcome hotlinking (apparently now called inline linking) issues with certain sites, wouldn't it make more sense to save the image(s) to your computer and then upload them to tinypic or photobucket so that way I don't get the damn filb.de logo instead of the images.

Edit: Sorry what I meant to say or ask, is why the URL code has anything to do with the tinypic. Because it seems quoting reveals tinypic isn't even related to the link given.

Full Character art (including a Rival) and maybe maybe, maybe a hint at the starters? Pleeeaaaase.
It will be a long month.

Um if someone is going to use tinypic, or photobucket to overcome hotlinking (apparently now called inline linking) issues with certain sites, wouldn't it make more sense to save the image(s) to your computer and then upload them to tinypic or photobucket so that way I don't get the damn filb.de logo instead of the images.
If someone is going to be rude, the least they could do is not pretend they are entitled to anything from a complete stranger. You can find it here without my having to pinpoint the exact location for you.

If someone is going to be rude, the least they could do is not pretend they are entitled to anything from a complete stranger.

I wasn't being rude, how the hell was I being rude? If I was rude (not sure how), it's because I didn't take in account of things which I realized after I posted my post, I even edited my post.

So again I already realized my mistake, but still the question remains, why does the URL code this forum use somehow link to tinypic instead of the actual link given?

Region for sure. I think we have a pretty good idea what the region will be, but it'll be nice to get confirmation... and a map I suppose...

Character art as well. Two months into the speculation time and we're still stuck with pixelated sprites.

Is about time they show us new Pokemon.

With 3rd and 4th generation, at this time, we already knew 10 Pokemon. We only know 2 one of 5th generation.

You can find it here

You know, I avoid it for the most part, but there is just no subtlety in CoroCoro's graphic design, is there? Certainly no wasted space.

I wasn't being rude, how the hell was I being rude? If I was rude (not sure how), it's because I didn't take in account of things which I realized after I posted my post, I even edited my post.
It is very impersonal to request someone to do something while referring to them as "someone". It also came across as a complaint rather than a request. As for your problem, I'm not experiencing it myself.

Ryuutakesh! said:
Region for sure. I think we have a pretty good idea what the region will be, but it'll be nice to get confirmation...
One city is only enough to give us a rough idea. Game Freak have taken liberties with some of the cities (in terms of making them grander looking than they should be), and there are plenty of port cities in Tōhoku.

Bangirasu said:
The problem with that is that any critters revealed next month or in June would be expected to debut in the movie. If that can't happen, which the movie merchandise would suggest, I think that the Pokémon Company would rather wait until July. But the movie may surprise us, and it should.

One city is only enough to give us a rough idea. Game Freak have taken liberties with some of the cities (in terms of making them grander looking than they should be), and there are plenty of port cities in Tōhoku.

Well, after seeing the similarities between this city and Hiroshima, as well as the whole bridge thing, I'm just going with that. If we're in Tohoku, we're in Tohoku. I don't really care.

With 3rd and 4th generation, at this time, we already knew 10 Pokemon. We only know 2 one of 5th generation.

totally agreed my friend

Tohoku, as a shape, looks a lot more boring than the Chuukoku double region. That more than anything seems to be a convincing argument against it.

It is very impersonal to request someone to do something while referring to them as "someone". It also came across as a complaint rather than a request. As for your problem, I'm not experiencing it myself.

Ignoring the technical issues I'm getting aside and putting on my previous assumptions hat, it would be kind of selfish to think you're the only one who posts filb.de logo links or pics.

Since you aren't the only one who does that, I was making it generalized, because I thought tinypic had something where you can put in a link of a picture of another website, and then get a tinypic link something that seems like would ignore the "Inline Linking Issue" so my request/complaint (or whatever you wish to call it) was so that people wouldn't do that because to me it seemed like it didn't fix the inline linking issue.

However moments after I posted, I needed to edit my post, or clarify it further, that's when I looked at the URL link inside the quote, and realized Tinypic wasn't even there, so that means Tinypic wasn't even an issue in the first issue, which then made me realize that for some reason the url code link sent me to tinypic.

Now that you said you yourself don't have the issue, but then again you are the person who posted it so you could be excluded. (since I have inline linked to websites before, and while I saw the pictures, no one else could, it wasn't until later that the pictures disappeared). So the the only thing I can think of is Filb.de itself used tinypic for the original photo, and for some reason my browser or the url code (if it's not just my firefox) superseded the link given, to the actual content source which is tinypic. But because then I guess it would be some sort of backtracked inline linking thing, I get the small filb.de logo.

Edit: Now that I actually went to the actual link and not tinypic it is showing up, so it must be some cache issue or something.

2nd Edit: I think I see why you thought I was being rude, you misinterpreted my tone. My tone wasn't someone as in I was emphasizing on that particular word in some sort of rude way, my tone was just general as in "When someone gets Black and White, send me pictures of the rivals sprite, the battle scene one; not the overworld one."

Last edited:

Tohoku, as a shape, looks a lot more boring than the Chuukoku double region. That more than anything seems to be a convincing argument against it.
Not really. Even if your opinion were the consensus, it wouldn't change the fact that Game Freak will tackle Tōhoku some day (outside a very surprising turn of events). They could favor the other option they have left, or they might be more practical by envisioning which region would be more fitting for the DS and which one would be ideal for the 3DS.

Regarding Tōhoku's shape, you should bear in mind that the map will most likely be rotated by 90 degrees, as was the case for Kyūshū. Attached is a rendition of what can be expected.

The pattern that info takes suggest we get a focus on the human characters and the region. Maybe not only the protagonists, but the professor as well. Those of you wanting pokemon will have to wait a while longer, as I do not expect that, but there is a slim possibility.

Regarding Tōhoku's shape, you should bear in mind that the map will most likely be rotated by 90 degrees, as was the case for Kyūshū. Attached is a rendition of what can be expected.

They could also add in the bottom "fishtail" section of Hokkaidou which didn't make it onto Sinnoh's map. (Some people say that that's where Almia is, but Almia's huge northern land mass makes me think that's not the case.)

Back
Top Bottom