• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Discussion Thread (Current Issue: October 2010)

Re: CoroCoro Discussion Thread (Next Issue: June 2010)

Yep, it works now... the link, I mean.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that we're supposed to get info on how to obtain Zoroark in this next issue. This might be a long shot, but since the evolution method to obtain Zoroark is supposed to be new... maybe they'll introduce moon phases into the games, and maybe you'd have to evolve Zorua during a full moon to obtain Zoroark?:-/

Oh Arceus, people are going to hate that.

I don't think it would be a bad idea though... if it was ever possible, they could make the time lapse between each moon phase shorter than what it is in real life. For example, one night could be waxing, the next night could be waning, ect. I forgot the exact order of when the moon phases occur, but that's the basic idea that I'm getting at.

If it wasn't real time, it could work. If it is real time, people would hate one evolution per month.

Not me, personally, I think it's an excellent idea.

If it wasn't real time, it could work. If it is real time, people would hate one evolution per month.

Hey, I love the idea of being able to match up the evolution of my Pokemon to my menstrual cycle.

I also think moon phase evolutions is interesting, but you have a point, being only able to evolve a Pokemon once a month or even once a week would be bad. I'd hope in this case specific timed events (like the moon phase evolution idea) don't get reset just because you fiddle with the DS clock because then I'd get really annoyed with that.

Maybe they can do it within a specific hour (very similar in idea to the gym leaders being away at a specific time), called the moon hour. Where every midnight or so the moon goes into its moon phases and the main phase "full moon" lasts the longest of the hour, and you could evolve Zorua that way. Would be very interesting indeed.

but i think Zoroark would be better to evolve during new moon sense its a dark type Pokemon

Hey, I love the idea of being able to match up the evolution of my Pokemon to my menstrual cycle.

this will now go in the epic quotes folder.

...we've said it before, and we'll say it again.

Pokemon is very complicated!

Pokemon is very complicated!

And so are woman during that "time" that she was refering to.:p See how it all coincides? POKEYMANZ HAS HIDDEN MEANINGS!

And that wasn't meant to offend... I'm a girl myself.

I'm betting that we'll probably get the artwork of the male and female protagonists... besides the obtaining method for Zoroark.

lol

Maybe they can do it within a specific hour (very similar in idea to the gym leaders being away at a specific time), called the moon hour. Where every midnight or so the moon goes into its moon phases and the main phase "full moon" lasts the longest of the hour, and you could evolve Zorua that way. Would be very interesting indeed.

That would be very interesting, actually. It should start dead at midnight. And maybe their could be a specific location to evolve it at, like maybe a cliff of some sort nad the full moon is in the background.

...A pokefan can dream can't he?

But I'm pretty sure that they'll release the art for the BW boy and girl, along with he evolution method for Zorua.

I also like the non-realtime moon phase idea, though I'm very skeptical that that's its actual method: Zorua and Zoroark don't seem to have anything to do with the moon, and the movie posters can be explained just by the fact that because it looks so awesome, a huge moon for a backdrop is a very common trope.

I doubt Gamefreak/Nintendo would want to promote kids staying up late. Y'know, since kids are the main demographic.

I doubt Gamefreak/Nintendo would want to promote kids staying up late. Y'know, since kids are the main demographic.

They had no problem doing it for Gold and Silver, They also seemed to not mind so much in Diamond and Pearl either. That moon thing is the sort of clues Gamefreak and the Pokemon Company make, but either way, I don't see how that is a big enough issue for anyone to care much about.

Stay up late? The moon starts rising around 5PM and reaches the sky around 9 PM, so no, that's not staying late. They could make the "evolving hour" fall at 9 o'clock, which is reasonable IMO.

On the other side, you can only catch Ledyba and Corsola in the mornings, which the games put between 4 and 10 AM. Either thet're making kids to play in the school (talk about promoting bad habits) or waking up at 5 AM. So yeah.

About that artwork, the moon being there don't say much to me, because, you know, the ebasts are also shwon under the moon, so...

As far as the times go... I don't know about the rest of you, but when I played Platinum during the daylight hours in the real world, it was nightime in the game... and vice-versa.

As far as the times go... I don't know about the rest of you, but when I played Platinum during the daylight hours in the real world, it was nightime in the game... and vice-versa.

You could just change the Ds time to match the real time.

200th post!

That didn't seem possible in HGSS, because, when I change the date, apricorns weren't available, and neither were kurt's balls. (no pun intended)

But that might just be with date, and not time.

You could just change the Ds time to match the real time.

It already does match my time though. For example, right now it's 7:45 PM where I live. If I were to go and start playing my Platinum, it'd actually be 7:45 in the morning on the game. But when I try to change the DS's time over and over, it ends up doing military time or somethin' like that. It's really weird... but I just leave it like it is, it doesn't bother me all that much really. And the date is all correct on it also.:-/

Do you guys think that if they're going to be doing day/night in these games, would they mention it in this upcoming issue?

It already does match my time though. For example, right now it's 7:45 PM where I live. If I were to go and start playing my Platinum, it'd actually be 7:45 in the morning on the game. But when I try to change the DS's time over and over, it ends up doing military time or somethin' like that. It's really weird... but I just leave it like it is, it doesn't bother me all that much really. And the date is all correct on it also.:-/

Do you guys think that if they're going to be doing day/night in these games, would they mention it in this upcoming issue?

The DS operates in military time. Just add 12 hours for P.M.

It's not much of an issue, because if you change the DS time, the game isn't screwed up. I believe this is only because people who move between time zones must change the time forwards and backwards.

In HGSS, I think that they added an internal clock in the game so that the game could tell when 24 hours had elapsed, or had at least passed midnight at least once.

I don't see an issue. Why fix what ain't broke?

Back
Top Bottom