• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon The Movie 2000 now available on iTunes

Hey, awesome. :D I certainly do love that movie. :p Thanks for the info. [:

Its my favorite and as usual Apple fails for not having the HD version available to everyone. As for that signature, its just absurd comparing perhaps the best liked and most widely known main girl to something which was a plot hole.

Its my favorite and as usual Apple fails for not having the HD version available to everyone. As for that signature, its just absurd comparing perhaps the best liked and most widely known main girl to something which was a plot hole.

You seriously couldn't tell that it was sarcastic? You're acting as if I hate Misty. I love her. That's the whole point of it; the absurdity. People, in a previous thread, were practically comparing her to the GS Ball. Saying she was as useless at Tracey, who was only added because of possible racial problems with Brock.

Which I disagree with. Hence my SARCASTIC signature.

Thanks for clearing that up, its kind of difficult to identify sarcasm through text alone unless the person is someone you actually know.

I want the score for this movie available again, personally.

As for the movie, it's not available in the Canadian store, so once again Apple fails (as if they don't regularly fail anyway, lol). Also, seriously $10 to buy? I've seen the DVD going for $4 or $5, and I can get it from the library for free.

If that is the case then I demand an HD version for $10 that works with everything and not just the Apple TV and iPad. Actually I would know because my DVD copy was indeed that cheap and not just that it was mint in the original wrapper.

If that is the case then I demand an HD version for $10 that works with everything and not just the Apple TV and iPad.

Apple's 720p fakeHD isn't that appealing anyway, IMO. I'll buy the movies on Blu-Ray, when they're released, and get actual HD.

The day that happens is the day I get a Blu-Ray drive for my laptop. I am perfectly happy with DVD at this time as I can't think of any movie available in HD in that particular format which makes me want to buy the appropriate drive to play it.

I want the score for this movie available again, personally.

As for the movie, it's not available in the Canadian store, so once again Apple fails (as if they don't regularly fail anyway, lol). Also, seriously $10 to buy? I've seen the DVD going for $4 or $5, and I can get it from the library for free.

(Near-)Instant gratification is a powerful motivator. Trust me.

By the way, the movie is alread ranked above the third in the charts (not all-time sales-I'm not really sure what the algorithm is).

Does even cartoons and anime come in HD? It's no difference to me whenever you watch anime on VHS or in "HD".

Anime can definitely come in HD, but I'm not sure that an anime this old would be in HD... But who knows, I could be very wrong and very happy!

Apple's 720p fakeHD isn't that appealing anyway, IMO. I'll buy the movies on Blu-Ray, when they're released, and get actual HD.

720p is hardly "fakeHD". I once saw Nintendo advertising their 480p as being HD. THAT'S fake.
720p, however, is some quite legit HD, especially for an anime. Especially for a dated anime.
I would welcome 720p Pokemon with quite open arms.
(And if you want to bitch about HD qualities, I see your 1080p "actual HD" Blu-Ray and raise you an 1440p iMac, there's no such thing as "actual HD")

Last edited:
Anime can definitely come in HD, but I'm not sure that an anime this old would be in HD... But who knows, I could be very wrong and very happy!

The Pokemon movies (except for most of the first) were "shot" on 35mm film, just like a standard live-action movie, so they're totally capable of being in HD. If it's in good shape, you can even use 16mm film (the standard for most TV animation production) for HD (16mm film is actually still used today for live-action HDTV production to give it a movie-like look). Studios have special devices that scan in movie film and transfer them to digital. If they did the TV show or The First Movie they might need to go back and run some digital noise reduction on it though.

By the way, I think the decision to put it in HD on Apple TV/iPad only is Warner Bros. decision, not Apple's. It also raises another question-if the movie has an HD+Widescreen transfer now, why wasn't that used back in March when they showed it on CN?

Last edited:
720p is hardly "fakeHD". I once saw Nintendo advertising their 480p as being HD. THAT'S fake.

Where was that? I've never even seen Nintendo directly reference "480p" in anything other than specs; certainly not in ads. Are you sure it wasn't ED?

(And if you want to bitch about HD qualities, I see your 1080p "actual HD" Blu-Ray and raise you an 1440p iMac, there's no such thing as "actual HD")

2560x1440 is high, but it's not part of the HD standard. Besides, no widely-available content comes in that resolution. It's great for use on a computer, for computer-oriented tasks that benefit from a lot of desktop space; but ultimately pointless for HD playback. Better to just have a 1920x1200 or 1080 display that can play the content without scaling.

The next step is going to be a resolution closer to 4k, not 1440p. While high, it's not high enough. Until there are 4k displays, I'd rather have a dual 1920x1200 monitor setup (which I do), or output to a large-screen LED 1080p HDTV (which I use for blu-ray and other HD playback from my computer).

I doubt that it's going to be 4kp, because that shit is highly experimental right now.
I wouldn't expect to see any large accessibility of that stuff for around 7-8 years.

Its idiotic to restrict the HD version to the Apple TV and iPad only because I am willing to bet more people own Blu-Ray players than both devices combined. Releasing this on Blu-Ray in HD would be smarter than restricting it to expensive Apple devices and improve sales. I would replace my DVD copy if this were released on Blu-Ray and also buy the appropriate drive to play it with my laptop which actually is cheaper than the Apple TV or the iPad.

Its idiotic to restrict the HD version to the Apple TV and iPad only because I am willing to bet more people own Blu-Ray players than both devices combined. Releasing this on Blu-Ray in HD would be smarter than restricting it to expensive Apple devices and improve sales. I would replace my DVD copy if this were released on Blu-Ray and also buy the appropriate drive to play it with my laptop which actually is cheaper than the Apple TV or the iPad.

While I'd love to see Blu-Ray releases of all the movies (and a Pikachu shorts collection), it's hard to bash Apple for the lack of them as they have no say in the matter. Apple acquires the rights to offer the movies on their shop, but they aren't a Blu-Ray publishing house... heck, they don't even offer Blu-Ray on their computers :rolleyes:. I do agree that it's silly to restrict the HD versions to Apple TV and iPod, though... however I'm willing to wait for proper Blu-Ray releases to get full 1080p versions of the movies. The benefit of having TV episodes (the older seasons, anyway) in HD is questionable, however the movies have always been animated with greater detail, and a richer colour palette.

Yay, thanks so much for the memo!!! I love everything about that movie! The music was phenomenal.

The best thing would be to renegotiate with Warner Brothers (assuming rights is the problem) and allow everyone to buy the HD version or remove it from the store entirely. I don't want to have to buy an Apple TV and go through lots of work to get this on my laptop which would involve putty knives and an SATA to USB 2.0 interface along with possibly some special software to break any copy protection that might be on the file.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom