• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Why is Misty underrated as a battler?

Why are Misty's Battle Skills so Underrated?

• Ash was spoiled with main character luxury

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • They didn't appeal to fans

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • They really shouldn't be, cause she is better than Ash

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • IDK

Votes: 17 27.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't see how Misty was underrated at all......

You want to know why Misty is seen as Overrated? Because Threads like these pop up atleast twice a week and Arceus forbid someone say Misty isn't the Poke'Messiah in that thread

Someone brought up that TR battles in 90% of the episodes and never wins. Why? Because, Like Misty, they never trained.

/thread

^I wouldn't mind another Whirl Cup either, as a matter of fact, I would love one, with Misty being victorious.

Im with you on that,now tha Misty has Gyarados,Politoed,and with possible evolutions of her other pokemon like Horsea,aswell possible captures of new pokemon from 4th generation i have no doubts she would be able to win Whirl Cup this time around.
First time she comed top 8,so after all this improvement she would probably do alot better second time aswell accomplishing one of tasks to become water master.

Its a shame,group never went to revisit Johto with HGSS remakesm,since than we would hve chance oif this becoming true.Oh well,sooner or later her return will happen as you said.

she isn't.

she's like the most praised character, for whatever reason. :bawling:

From what i noticed on this forum,that would be Dawn.

If certain Misty fans weren't so rabid, we wouldn't have these arguments. :)

Like I used to think sppf was bad, but if there's a place where the Misty fans hang out, it would be this forum right here.

If certain Misty fans weren't so rabid, we wouldn't have these arguments. :)

I dont consider myself baing "rabid" at all.I respect opinions from others being open to normal discussion,but when someone starts degrading said character not giving her credit at all(with statements like "she was useless","she never did anything")i just defend my favorite.

If that and wanting to see her back in show counts as being "rabid than every fan of any character in this show falls under that category.

I dont consider myself baing "rabid" at all.I respect opinions from others being open to normal discussion,but when someone starts degrading said character not giving her credit at all(with statements like "she was useless","she never did anything")i just defend my favorite.

If that and wanting to see her back in show counts as being "rabid than every fan of any character in this show falls under that category.

So basically your upset because people don't put Misty on a pedestal, because in reality most posters have said she isn't a terrible battler, but she isn't great either from what we have seen.

yeah rabid is a little too weak of a word for you. :mallet:

it's not exactly wanting her back as much as it is with people in denial with actually believing there is hope for her returning ..especially as a main character again. That's what I find hilarious the most.

So basically your upset because people don't put Misty on a pedestal, because in reality most posters have said she isn't a terrible battler, but she isn't great either from what we have seen.

Not at all.im all for critics as long as they are fair,but if you look back through this thread you will notice good amount of degrading when it comes to said character trainer skills.

it's not exactly wanting her back as much as it is with people in denial with actually believing there is hope for her returning ..especially as a main character again.

Im not sure how much your familiarized with Misty fanbase but majority of her fans long ago accepted how Misty probably wont be main character ever again,despite wanting it to happen.Same goes for me,but unlike some im not saying how this would be impossible since chance always exists.

From what i noticed on this forum,that would be Dawn.

Exactly, If theres's an overatted character in the Pokemon world it's Dawn. 'She's revolutionized Pokemon, she's eual to Ash, PearlShipping Is practically canon.....It's never ending.

All Misty's fanbase do Is defend her when people say bias things that aren't true. We don't claim she's the second coming, like most of Dawn's fans do.

it's not exactly wanting her back as much as it is with people in denial with actually believing there is hope for her returning ..especially as a main character again. That's what I find hilarious the most.

Really? You actually find it 'hilarious', or are you just trying your best to belittle.

Word to the wise. ^That's the cheapest form of doing so.....

Exactly, If theres's an overatted character in the Pokemon world it's Dawn. 'She's revolutionized Pokemon, she's eual to Ash, PearlShipping Is practically canon.....It's never ending.

All Misty's fanbase do Is defend her when people say bias things that aren't true. We don't claim she's the second coming, like most of Dawn's fans do.

EXACTLY proving my point.
rabid. In denial. Calling out other characters for reasons that really go towards Misty rather than the character being called out.

That's exactly what Misty's fanbase does. And it's so amusing that you're blaming Dawn's fans instead.

I don't know anyone who seriously believes that anymore. During AG, yeah, but not lately. No one I know, anyway.

And I agree with CrackFox. If anything, there are more rabid Dawn fans claiming she's staying for Isshu than there are Misty fans now claiming she'll return as a main character.

Misty's fanbase is not that bad. God. :/

I never through Misty was a strong battler(not stronger than Ash,Gary or Ritchie,to put some early examples).And I don't think it is a farfetch´d interpretation of her,she was never shown to be that much of a big deal.She died in my eyes when she lost against that girl inThe School of hard Knocks.

Or in other words,I think she is overrated,not underrated.

That is BS, people say Dawn is important because she was writting as an EQUAL to Ash in DP, the only people who deny this are Misty fans. Misty is considered overrated because her fans hold her as the gold standard for the girls, when in reality both May and Dawn have been improvments over her.

I don't know anyone who seriously believes that anymore. During AG, yeah, but not lately. No one I know, anyway.

I still see quite a few people getting mad at others who say Misty will never come back and then giving reasons why she can still come back as a main character, because she still has unfinished business and potential.

And I agree with CrackFox. If anything, there are more rabid Dawn fans claiming she's staying for Isshu than there are Misty fans now claiming she'll return as a main character.

Well Dawn actually had a role in the anime. Kinda more acceptable I think.
Think about it. It's been like so long since Misty's been gone, and people are still whining about it. Dawn didn't even leave yet and people are just speculating it. I'm sure there will be upset people if Dawn leaves, but now years later. She will be forgotten. Still liked, but not being whined over to come back like Misty is.

Misty's fanbase is not that bad. God. :/

DE-DE-DA-DAAAAA-E-NIAL -LLLLLL!!!

when in reality both May and Dawn have been improvments over her.

Im sorry but this falls under category of personal opinion.
Whether some character is better over another depends on personal view.
All three girls have good and bad sides,and all of them brought something in this show.Sure in terms of importance regarding screentime May and Dawn leads,but in terms of impact they left on this show they werent anymore important than Misty was.

I still see quite a few people getting mad at others who say Misty will never come back and then giving reasons why she can still come back as a main character, because she still has unfinished business and potential.

There is nothing wrong with wanting your favorite back,especially when reasons exists/yes her story was indeed unfinished).Personal wish is another thing,and most of her fans as i said who are for her return are just expressing their desire knowing perfectly well how this probably wont happen.

EDIT:Yep thanks to this kind of statements,we cant get decent Misty discussion.

That is BS, people say Dawn is important because she was writting as an EQUAL to Ash in DP, the only people who deny this are Misty fans. Misty is considered overrated because her fans hold her as the gold standard for the girls, when in reality both May and Dawn have been improvments over her.

That's not reality..that's opinion. It really doesn't matter to me how much screentime or 'importance' the female has or doesn't have, it's their personality and what they bring to the group.

That's not reality..that's opinion. It really doesn't matter to me how much screentime or 'importance' the female has or doesn't have, it's their personality and what they bring to the group.

Ladies and Gentleman this is denial, because from a writing standpoint, May and Dawn were more important to their saga then Misty was to her. You may like Misty better, that is great. But in terms of importance to their sagas, May and Dawn have her beat. And if Dawn is replaced, the BW will have all of them beat.

It is isn't character bashing, as it is an improvment in writing and focus on the heroine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom