• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Underappreciated Pokémon

- venomoth
- sunflora
- mantine
- masquerain
- volbeat
- illumise
- huntail
- gorebyss
- lumineon

i've never see anyone with them on their team...

I have a Mantine on my HG team! ^o^ I also think Venemoth should be more appreciated.

I haven't seen many trainers with a Lapras online...does that mean its underappreciated?

I haven't seen many trainers with a Lapras online...does that mean its underappreciated?

It's more that she gets thoroughly outclassed by Pokemon like Vaporeon because she lacks reliable recovery (outside of Rest) and has the defensively disastrous Ice type to hold it back. It's by no means underappreciated. In fact, I'd say she's one of the more popular Water type Pokemon out there and definitely one of the top 5 favorite Ice types.

Mantine. It's basically a special version of Skarmory, with more weaknesses (140 Sp Defense? Seriously?)
Erm. Out of ideas right now. Will ad more if I think of any.

I always feel bad for Onyx, since Steelix outclasses him so horribly. =[

Parasect too, he is one of only three Pokemon with access to Spore, show him so love!

Spr_4h_047.png

Glaceon. I have NEVER seen one used for battle.

Farfetch'd, Porygon, Doduo/Dodrio, Stantler, Quilfish, Dunsparce, Remoraid, Torkoal, Camerupt, Tropius, Mawile (unfortunately), Surskit... I believe that's all I can list. I'd say Drifloon, but that's probably cause he takes a shred of effort/patience to catch.

Dunsparce is the overlord of pokémon!:spin:

Carnivine and porygon.

I think a lot of normal-types are underappreciated, which is weird because they only have one weakness and they learn a large variety of moves.

Wobbuffet?
Never. Wobbuffet is one of the most used Pokemon in Ubers. :p

Most of these Pokemon that people list aren't underappreciated... they stink. @_@;

xD

Except for Relicanth and Dunsparce. I don't see how either of them are under appreciated. >_>; Especially Dunsparce.

Paraflinch?

Even though I made this thread a while back and it got old...

Anywho, I don't think Plusle or Minun are really used by many people seeing as other people think of those two as "filler" pokemon only good for double battles.​

Last edited:
Most of these Pokemon that people list aren't underappreciated... they stink. @_@;

Well then, let's change that.

I think Kecleon is very underappreciated. While he doesn't have the highest attack, he has a very respectable attack stat, amazing special defense, and a ridiculously huge move pool, Nasty Plot egg move making even special sets viable. Kecleon is a lot of fun to use. His ability is easily manipulated, but still pretty awesome.

I would also like to see more of Carnivine, Gorebyss and Tropius. They are awesome pokemon which can battle very efficiently with the correct movesets etc, but i hardly ever see them.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom